Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
BattleMechs / Re: Acheron Assault Mech - Quad.
« Last post by marauder648 on Today at 05:23:14 »
This is odd, doing in Megamek's mek lab, now I've figured out how to use the turret and add the guns to it, still lets me fully armour the hull, heatsinks drops to 17.  Which results in this.

Code: [Select]
Acheron Prime
Clan experimental
85 tons 
BV: 2,396
Cost: 26,454,229 C-bills

Movement: 4/6/4
Engine: 340 XL
Heat Sinks: 17 [34]
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 138
Armor: 279/279
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Center Torso               27       44
Center Torso (rear)                 10
Right Torso                18       27
Right Torso (rear)                   9
Left Torso                 18       27
Left Torso (rear)                    9
Front Right Leg            18       36
Front Left Leg             18       36
Rear Right Leg             18       36
Rear Left Leg              18       36

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
ER Large Laser (T)              RT    12
LB 10-X AC                      LT     2
Light TAG                       HD     0

Ammo                           Loc Shots
----------------------------------------
LB 10-X AC Ammo                 LT    10

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
Standard                       None
Quad Turret (armored)           RT

!MechView.CarringCapacity!One battle armor squad

Strategic Combat / Re: ISaW - Spreadsheets?
« Last post by Daryk on Today at 05:20:08 »
I think leaving them National Capitals makes them exactly as tempting as they should be.  The point of leaving them as NPC powers is make sure the cost of giving in to temptation is sufficiently high.
Well, the live-action Fullmetal Alchemist movie is on Netflix now.

All I can think of when I see trailers for it is how fake the lead actor's hair looks.
Off Topic / Re: What movies are we watching: B-Movie Blitz
« Last post by elf25s on Today at 04:48:59 »
Season 1 is okay, but as folks have said season 2 - 4 are where it shined, and whilst its CGI have certinally aged, the acting, and makeup/prosthetics have not.  B5 was a show that lived because of two things IMO.  The overarching story and meta-plot, and the caliber of its actors and how their characters sparked and interacted.  It took DS9 a good few years to get that right, mainly due to the power trio of Miles, Julian and Garak, with a healthy dose of Quark thrown in there too.  Babylon 5 had that spark of character interaction from day one, and it was thanks to the amazing actors that helped pull it off.

And of course JMS's magnificent script :)
gkar lando sheridan dlen vir lneer where the ones that made the show shine
andreas katsulas and peter jurasic these 2 made the show above the rest and still the best
Off Topic / Re: Easter munchies!! YUM
« Last post by elf25s on Today at 04:45:00 »
That's one of the big 'GRRS" i had when i moved back stateside after being stationed overseas..  Lack of access to good brit easter eggs..  (along with cornish pasties, sausage rolls, etc).

That sounds like one heck of a sugar rush..
i miss german candy i loved the mars bars ...unlike here those delicious sweet things were awesome ...that and carmel would suck your teeth out of your head thats how chewee it was...
and lets not forget the soda...coke so carbonated that it would try to attack your sinus cavity with vengence...and making tears

ahhh good real stuff and delicious...

comparing british and german sweets i would go hands down with german...i cannot get a real mrzzepan state side or little polish sweets that can get you arrested after eating them ifyou drive
rum filled chocolate barrels... the little monsters ....each one is an equivelent of 6 to 7 shots of vodka but in rum and chocolate and rum form.
Off Topic / Re: Star Trek Discovery
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 04:12:32 »
Not unlike how Shatner got horses into Star Trek V.
Off Topic / Re: Star Wars Thread IV - A New Hype
« Last post by MoneyLovinOgre4Hire on Today at 04:10:23 »
Have we seen that Imperial gunship design prior to the latest episode of Rebels?
Off Topic / Re: Star Trek Discovery
« Last post by Lorcan Nagle on Today at 04:06:43 »
Not what I got out of 'The Making Of'. While Stewart may have been all for it, that was still the director and producer and the direction they wanted to go with the film.

I'm not saying they didn't set out to make a more action-oriented movie, but from what I've heard Stewart wanted a car chase, and that didn't go against what other creative factors wanted for the movie so it went in.  He'd been pushing for Picard to be a more action-oriented character for years, it was part of why Picard and Riker's roles got swapped in First Contact (though again, there were other factors there -  Picard leading the defence of the Enterprise was stronger thematically, and they wanted to cut Riker's role down so Frakes could devote as much time as possible to actually directing)
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Is it high time that...?
« Last post by SteelRaven on Today at 03:53:12 »
...that people stop using these kinds of titles for new threads? The answer is yes.  #P #P #P #P  ;D

O0
I know it's primitive tech, but no jump jets?

I'm guessing this would be this timeline's replacement for the canonical Super Wasp?

(Amusingly, I see this timeline putting the WSP-1 back in production as well. Tried doing a version with commercial armor, and MegaMekLab got mad at me for it)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10