Author Topic: "Bucephalus" (Boggart HH)  (Read 7346 times)

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
"Bucephalus" (Boggart HH)
« on: 08 January 2015, 10:44:37 »

BOGGART HH
Intro Date: 3115
Faction: Clan Hell's Horses

Mass: 13 tons
Chassis: BGR13
Power Plant: 45 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 54 kph
Maximum Speed: 108 kph
Jump Jets: MegaTan Lifters
     Jump Capacity: 150 meters
Armor: Proto-Standard B
Armament:
     1 Improved Heavy Medium Laser
Manufacturer: Csesztreg Industriplex Epsilon
     Primary Factory: Csesztreg
Communications System: Proto-Type A
Targeting and Tracking System: SAT-PM 1

Like many of the Clans that fought the armed forces of the Society during the Wars of Reaving, Clan Hell's Horses had salvaged numerous examples of their unique ultra-heavy ProtoMechs. Captured Hobgoblins had gone on to provide the basis for the deadly Svartalfa, and similarly, a shipment of Boggart quad ProtoMechs taken from a Society cell on Kirchbach had allowed Horse scientists to reverse-engineer the concepts that would eventually produce the Procyon (Quad). While the Society Protos had been banned back in the Homeworlds, the Hell's Horses had no such compunctions and eventually began building their own version of the Boggart, which became known as the Bucephalus to avoid the stigma of the original (although apparently this desire to avoid said stigma did not extend to changing its disturbing appearance). Highly advanced, it rapidly became a favorite of Horse ProtoMechwarriors due to its heavy firepower, thick armor and excellent maneuverability. In the three decades since its introduction, it has spread throughout the Horse touman: almost every Cluster that has ProtoMechs has at least one Point of the design. Bucephalus Points often make up the first wave of a Horse attack, painting targets for artillery with their light TAG and throwing up a wall of electronic countermeasures to shield their fellow warriors' advance. The Falcons, Bears and Wolves may have little regard for ProtoMechs, but they have certainly learned to respect the Bucephalus.

Clan Advanced
13 tons
BV: 586

Movement: 5/10/5

Internal: 31
Armor: 63

Head: 3/8
Torso: 13/24
Legs: 13/25
Main Gun: 2/6

Improved Heavy Medium Laser [MG] 7 Heat
Light TAG [MG] 0 Heat

ECM Suite [T]
ProtoMech Myomer Booster [T]
« Last Edit: 08 January 2015, 12:46:24 by Kojak »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Prince of Darkness

• Lieutenant
Re: "Bucephalus" (Boggart HH)
« Reply #1 on: 07 February 2015, 22:54:17 »
Ooh, that is nice. Weapons and equipment have a really nice synergy to them- I only wish it could be just a hair faster, but that would require too much.
Cowdragon:
I'm going to type up your response, print it, fold it in half, and look at it like a I would a centerfold. THAT's how sexy your answer was.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #2 on: 19 April 2015, 17:43:11 »
That looks pretty nasty x5 oh dear
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

AJC46

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 27 April 2015, 16:38:23 »
dang a point of 5 10 points hits that would suck to that to appear from ambush in your rear arc.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #4 on: 29 February 2016, 21:01:27 »
Kojak?

I so want to run these with some Hardur! Maybe a Binaries worth.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #5 on: 29 February 2016, 21:12:33 »
I used a Star of them in the most recent Tau Galaxy scenario, where they were supported by (among many other things) a great deal of both homing Arrow-IV and semi-guided LRM fire, and arguably they were what allowed me to pull off a win at all.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1