Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 164518 times)

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #60 on: 14 June 2016, 23:34:27 »
On another playthrough of Mass Effect 2
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #61 on: 15 June 2016, 00:22:28 »
What class and romance?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #62 on: 15 June 2016, 01:55:54 »
What class and romance?

I'm playing as FemShep, running as an infiltrator class (it's pretty fun, though I'm curious about engineer type). Right now she and Garrus are an item
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #63 on: 15 June 2016, 02:28:59 »
Engineer is fun, though Cryo Blast is a pretty useless power in ME2.  As a secondary effect, Engineers lower the cost of researching upgrades in the lab so that really speeds up getting the Cain and other cool stuff.  Combat Drone doesn't last long enough in ME2, unfortunately.  For the bonus power, Geth Shield Boost is great if you want something for defense as it's considered a tech power so all the tech upgrades to power, duration, and recharge rate that you'll naturally be focusing on will stack with it, while Reave is a nice offensive power that gives you a way to quickly deal with Barriers.  I keep telling myself that I'm going to go back and play through the Trilogy again (which is the main reason I've still got my PS3), but so far I haven't.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #64 on: 15 June 2016, 08:39:40 »
Back into Guild Wars 2 somehow. I guess I just really want to finish my ascended armor.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #65 on: 15 June 2016, 11:07:37 »
i'm playing *coughwarhammercough* vermintide a lot lately. someone pointed it out while i was wishing for a co-op game and the gameplay has been near-perfect. there's a slight community attitude problem, but i don't think there's an online game without that.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Marwynn

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 15 June 2016, 23:58:26 »
Total War: Warhammer has swallowed me whole. Send help.

BrokenMnemonic

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: 16 June 2016, 02:18:56 »
I've been playing through Dragon Age: Inquisition for the first time, and I'm enjoying it, although I keep forgetting which hotkeys are which and spend a certain amount of every combat jumping rather than pausing. Whoops.

I've also been playing Marvel Heroes 2016, which has the advantage of being free; as expected, it's a bit repetitive once you hit level 60, but the story was fairly interesting, I have some friends who play, and Deadpool is always entertaining. I doubt I'll end up becoming an avid devotee, but it's nice to be able to while some time away blowing things up while chatting.

I think what I'm waiting for most eagerly at the moment is the possibility of co-op play for Stardew Valley...

It's more interesting than optimal, and therefore better. O0 - Weirdo

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #68 on: 16 June 2016, 02:47:52 »
on a regular basis? Star Trek Online on my PC, and Destiny on my Xbox360.

on irregular schedule, borrowing my brother's XboxOne to play The Division.

annoyingly in all three my friends never seem to be online when i am. :(

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #69 on: 16 June 2016, 05:31:42 »
Fallout 4
Payday 2
Stellaris
Hearts of Iron
Sword of the Stars: The Pitt
Borderlands, any of the three

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #70 on: 16 June 2016, 07:42:17 »
Solely on the XB1, I've been rotating through the following on a regular basis:

Fallout 4 (halfway through the Far Harbor DLC)
Destiny (coasting through the summer until Lords of Iron releases)
GTA Online (but starting to get irritated with it and all the jerkbag players on the public servers, because you can't do the updated stuff in private)
Overwatch (addicted)

Overwatch is a blast, just wish players would freakin' TALK to each other. Coordination is the key to victory, and apparently the younglings playing can't grasp that concept yet; they grab Bastion or McCree and go all lone wolf. Way to hang your team out to dry, jerkbags.

BTW, feel free to add me: GhostBear72.
Eh.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #71 on: 16 June 2016, 09:13:03 »
Fallout 4 giving it a try.
takeing a break from fallout 4 got stuck till 7 30 am and i started after kids went to bed

thankfully i sleep very little and load on my day is light
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
« Reply #72 on: 16 June 2016, 09:32:24 »
Mainly playing World of Warships, just got back to playing EVE Online somewhat steadily, and just picked up Tempest on Steam (Early Access). Tempest has potential, but has pretty much no tutorial, so there's a lot of guesswork involved.

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #73 on: 16 June 2016, 09:51:15 »
Overwatch is a blast, just wish players would freakin' TALK to each other.

Yeah, not sure what happened with mic culture.  Maybe CoD did damage to people wearing mics all the time.  There was a time when mics were public by default.

I've run into exactly 2 mic wearers in Battleborn.  It isn't an issue most of the time.  But, i'm never going to beat the last two stages of the campaign without some more coordination.  A hour of success followed by the same predictable collapse each time is gettin old.
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #74 on: 16 June 2016, 10:00:46 »
Star Trek Online on my PC

I have a Human, Klingon, and Romulan character for that game.
If you're on when I'm on I'll group up with you.

Overwatch is a blast, just wish players would freakin' TALK to each other. Coordination is the key to victory, and apparently the younglings playing can't grasp that concept yet; they grab Bastion or McCree and go all lone wolf. Way to hang your team out to dry, jerkbags.
Yeah, not sure what happened with mic culture.  Maybe CoD did damage to people wearing mics all the time.  There was a time when mics were public by default.

I have a personal theory that it is mostly three factors, yeah there's others but these three were the biggest I could think of.
1. The stereotypical Xbox/CoD "kiddos" and their oh so wonderful sense of community during a match.  ::) That turned people off from listening to general voice.
2. The what I like to call "Steve Carrell" players. LOUD NOISES as they play, never realizing THERE IS SUCH A THING as a volume on the damn mic.
3. With the constant fascination of putting things always online and just gotta have multiplayer, some folks have mentally checked out and see games as single player but with crappier, more annoying NPCs running around. Oh those are people? *shrugs* Forget you got mine for today. *log out*
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #75 on: 16 June 2016, 11:35:41 »
I tried microphone while playing Ark: Survival Evolved. Not just any mic, but Meteor, priced around 80 €. I was told they didn't understand what I was saying. My guess is my voice got distorted by lag.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 20 June 2016, 08:57:34 »
Been Playing Doom like crazy and just recently picked up Until Dawn and started working on it. Pretty good thus far

I really need to get back to finishing up Bloodborne sometime as well. I'm getting fairly close to the end I believe.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2016, 13:35:11 by Reldn »

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #77 on: 20 June 2016, 13:03:26 »
I played. and completed, Portal last night. Took me about three hours, and it was good fun. Is this where that "the cake is a lie" meme came from?

Have you checked out Oolite yet? It was one of the closest Elite remakes before Elite Dangerous, and you can pimp it up with mods.

I'd forgotten about that! I tried it a good few years back but it wouldn't play nice with my PC at the time. I'll give the current release a go.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #78 on: 20 June 2016, 15:04:53 »
I played. and completed, Portal last night. Took me about three hours, and it was good fun. Is this where that "the cake is a lie" meme came from?
Yup that and others, but that's the more famous one.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #79 on: 20 June 2016, 15:53:09 »
And now that we've mentioned its existence, we never need mention it again. O0
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #80 on: 20 June 2016, 16:11:11 »
And now that we've mentioned its existence, we never need mention it again. O0

Sorry, but in LEGO Dimensions, one of the missions for Batman, Gandalf and Wildstyle is to obtain a Birthday Cake from....You Guessed it...the PORTAL level :D
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #81 on: 20 June 2016, 16:13:45 »
Sorry, but in LEGO Dimensions, one of the missions for Batman, Gandalf and Wildstyle is to obtain a Birthday Cake from....You Guessed it...the PORTAL level :D

*twitch*

...man, the Portal games are great. I should really replay those.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
« Reply #82 on: 20 June 2016, 17:26:50 »
I really enjoyed the intro to Portal 2. Hopefully I#ll get the time to make some progress this week.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

Diamondshark

• Lieutenant
  • Bringing back the enlightenment to the Star League
« Reply #83 on: 20 June 2016, 19:43:02 »
The Portal games are amazing, just don't play Portal 2 co-op with my old roommate or myself--we'll portal you into a hole at every possible opportunity.  >:D

I've been playing a lot of Shogun II: Total War, Skyrim, and Battle for Wesnoth (a surprisingly-addictive little free indie game), as well as playing Brawl and Mario Kart with my brother.
"We are the Clans, the Star League incarnate.
None can stand against us and survive."

-- The Remembrance, Passage 272, Verse 8, Lines 18-19

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #84 on: 20 June 2016, 21:35:08 »
I really enjoyed the intro to Portal 2. Hopefully I#ll get the time to make some progress this week.

Aperture Tag is pretty good too.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #85 on: 28 June 2016, 16:37:42 »
ok this will drive few folks nuts freelancer and terminus

oldies but goodies nothing to do till friday so my memory chest had been unlocked...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #86 on: 28 June 2016, 22:51:11 »
I just started yet another playthrough of Mass Effect.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #87 on: 29 June 2016, 00:32:46 »

I'm jealous...I sold my Xbox 360...don;t know if I can play all 3 on the Xbox1

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #88 on: 29 June 2016, 00:41:39 »

The fact that I keep telling myself that I'm going to go back and do a run-through of all three games is the only reason I still have my PS3, despite it having been over a year since I last plugged it in.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #89 on: 29 June 2016, 09:17:04 »
The fact that I keep telling myself that I'm going to go back and do a run-through of all three games is the only reason I still have my PS3, despite it having been over a year since I last plugged it in.
Huh? My family still has MegaDrive, several NES, N64, and then some in good working condition each with number of games to play with. I don't see us ever letting go of them even if we don't use them regularly. Of course number of best games made for those machines are now available to the newest hardware, even to the PC. Therefore there is no great need to unplug PC/Xbox One from monitor/TV to be replaced with one of the old machines. I don't need to plug MegaDrive to play Street Fighter II New Challengers becouse I've got Street Fighter Alpha II on my PCs bought from Good Old Games.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Register