Author Topic: A Call to War: Cowboys From Hell  (Read 5813 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
A Call to War: Cowboys From Hell
« on: 06 September 2015, 19:24:26 »
No details on this mercenary unit's origin (yet).  My bro in law and I are painting up a company.  We're going with a standard desert camo with some highlights.

Cowboys From Hell

Assault Lance

ZEU-6S Zeus, Skill 2
AS7-D Atlas, Skill 4
STK-3F Stalker, Skill 4
BNC-3S Banshee, Skill 4

The Assault Lance gets Demoralizer and Multi-Tasker.  Pick 1, assign to 2 units, can switch in end phase.

Support Lance

CRD-3R Crusader, Skill 3
JM6-S Jagermech, Skill 4
WVR-6R Wolverine, Skill 4
CRB-20 Crab, Skill 4

1 unit gains 1 ability of the lance they support.

Pursuit Lance

SCP-1N Scorpion, Skill 3
RVN-2X Raven, Skill 4
WLF-1 Wolfhound, Skill 4
MON-67 Mongoose, Skill 4

Probe Lance, 3 units get the Blood Stalker ability

Total PV:  399
« Last Edit: 07 September 2015, 18:20:44 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Re: A Call to War: Cowboys From Hell
« Reply #1 on: 07 September 2015, 08:44:41 »
This is what we are using:

Testors Spray White Primer
Testors Spray Clear Dullcoat
Testors Flat Tan Acrylic
Testors Flat Dark Tan Acrylic
Testors Flat Black Acrylic
Testors Gloss White Acrylic
Testors FX Black Wash Acrylic
Railroad Gravel
Elmer's School Glue

The process is simple and fast with these guys.  The look is a standard desert camo, total military look (specifically US Marines).  So no silver gun barrels and such with these guys.  They are meant to look rugged.  The plus side, this paint job does NOT take long at all.  We did 2 lances in about 1-2 hours.

1) Assemble miniatures.  Remove any mold lines.  Use a pin vice and make holes where the antennas will go.  Put in a staple and trim it to size, glue it in place.

2) Prime the miniatures.  Do this outside because the smell is bad and harmful.

3) Base coat.  We used Flat Tan.

4) 2nd coat.  We did random stripes using the Flat Dark Tan.

5) Wash.  Go over all the details using the Acrylic Wash.  Use the same paint brush to remove any excess wash.  Or, do what we did, and run your thumb on the mini when it is halfway dry.

6) Details.  We just used the black paint and a toothpick to paint the inside of missiles holes and gun barrel holes.  Nothing terribly difficult.  For the Banshee, I used some gloss white for the missiles that are sticking out and added some of my Wife's red nail polish on the tips.

7) Base Terrain.  Paint the base of the mini black (just the outside).  Fill the base with some Elmers glue and overflow the bases with the railroad terrain by pouring it on and around the base.  Let it dry for at least 8 hours.

8 ) Seal (?).  Outside, spray all the miniatures with a liberal amount of dullcoat.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2015, 08:46:10 »
First up, the Assault Lance:

« Last Edit: 07 September 2015, 11:06:39 by Fear Factory »

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #3 on: 07 September 2015, 10:10:31 »
I'm getting a blocked link.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #4 on: 07 September 2015, 10:27:09 »
I'm getting a blocked link.

I'm getting VERY upset with google photos.  Even with a shared link it STILL wont work.   >:( >:( >:(

Why do they keep changing it?  SO damn frustrating.

Did it affect my other thread?

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #5 on: 07 September 2015, 10:41:35 »
I'm getting VERY upset with google photos.  Even with a shared link it STILL wont work.   >:( >:( >:(

Why do they keep changing it?  SO damn frustrating.

Did it affect my other thread?

Sorry, yes.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #6 on: 07 September 2015, 10:55:34 »
Sorry, yes.

I switched to photobucket... it should work now.  They changed their crap too, though.   >:(

Archer77

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 07 September 2015, 11:20:39 »
I like these quick but well done paint jobs.

Papabees

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 07 September 2015, 11:54:06 »
What did you use for that Banshee's arms?

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #9 on: 07 September 2015, 12:11:51 »
What did you use for that Banshee's arms?

It's the old lead sculpt.  It came with a Warhammer arm, SRM rack (which I lost and used an OmniMech rack), and the dual guns for the right arm.

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: 07 September 2015, 15:26:22 »
That is a great desert scheme.  Well done

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #11 on: 07 September 2015, 15:48:41 »
Support Lance:

Pursuit (Probe) Lance:

Finished Project:

Between 2 guys, one of us having NO experience painting (and you can't tell), we got an entire company done in less than 24 hours.

Just a quick and dirty paint job.   8)

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 08 September 2015, 14:23:52 »
i really like the colours and the simple but very fitting bases. but to be honest, i would like to see some details on these mechs, cockpits and gun barrels and so on.

since you were done so fast, whats your next merc unit?  ;D  :D

one lead by two portuguese speaking brothers from a hot jungle world looking for their bloody roots? or the superchargers, led by captain flynn in his command mech called the "ten ton hammer"?  [rockon] [rockon]
"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #13 on: 08 September 2015, 15:05:04 »
HA!  I wish.

My next project is the 2 sets of intro box minis I have.  Quick and dirty, one set will be pink and purple and the other set will be a light forest camo.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 08 September 2015, 15:11:41 »
 O0

Register