Author Topic: Draconis Combine, Rasalhague sub-affiliation c. 3025, Module 0  (Read 2188 times)

abou

• Captain
This was something I spent more time worrying about than I should have. One of my players decided that for our 3rd SW-era campaign that he wanted to be Rasalhaguian. Eventually I pulled my head out of my posterior and just combined the data from ER: 3052 with the Module 0 data in AToW. A few variations for spice and this is what I got.

The two main changes are based in the concept that someone from the Rasalhague district would (likely) be: 1. bilingual considering cultural background; 2. be either a Combine loyalist or a Rasalhague separatist.

For the latter, the compulsion trait of increasing xenophobia or paranoia of the Combine government seemed to work. From there the player can increase those negatives if he is just a simple supporter of Rasalhague freedom or an actual active radical.

For the former, I suppose you can just easily drop the secondary language, but if you are from Rasalhague, know Swedish, and serve in the DCMS and not just a local militia, knowing Japanese is likely mandatory.

So yeah, there you have it. Hopefully that is helpful to anyone else wanting to play in the era. Has anyone done something similar?
« Last Edit: 18 September 2016, 08:46:49 by abou »

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Draconis Combine, Rasalhague sub-affiliation c. 3025, Module 0
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2016, 08:35:30 »
Were you aware that Rasalhague got a subaffiliation in ER2750? You might want to start there, though naturally 275 years later things could change quite a bit :)

Other than that, it doesn't look too off from the other subaffiliations, so it looks fine here.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2016, 15:41:46 »
Several words were just spoken... none of which could be typed on the fora.

Well, I'll take a look and see what they did.

theagent

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2016, 11:56:42 »
Been there, done that myself.  It's a pretty decent write-up. I'm planning on using the modified Terran Hegemony affiliation for a Reunification War character myself.

Olligarchy

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2016, 09:23:21 »
As it happens this is really useful for my latest character.

Cheers!

abou

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2016, 20:31:25 »
As it happens this is really useful for my latest character.

Cheers!
I'm glad to see it was useful. One of the players in my group used it as well. Not sure if it provides the right flavor, but at least it makes things easier.  O0

Register