Author Topic: A Call to War: Clan Hell's Horses Omega Galaxy Assault Nova with Recon star  (Read 2349 times)

sapperleader

• Master Sergeant
In reading through each of the other forces, I decided to go counter to most of them.  I am a die hard combined arms player in "normal" Battletech.  Very rarely do I run mech pure forces.  Tanks, battle armor, and conventional infantry all end up somewhere (not just a point fillers either).  Thus I decided to go with the Horses.  In working on a force for an upcoming game, I read up on the Omega Galaxy.  The poor Warden Wolf cast off who came over the Horses.  Paint scheme is a nice simple Wolf grey with "hellish" accents.

Once the unit was picked, I looked at what would they specialize in.  Omega was bandit hunting for the Wolves when they changed clans, so I decided to build a modern bandit/urban assault nova with recon support. 

Assault Nova:
Tomahawk II A                        55 Points   Juggernaut
Savage Coyote J                      49 Points   Brawler
Shoden Assault Vehicle           37 points   Brawler
Shoden Assault Vehicle           37 points   Brawler
Aithon Assault Transport        39 Points Missile Boat
Aithon Assault Transport        39 Points Missile Boat
Clan medium battle armor       15 points   Scout
Clan medium battle armor       15 points   Scout
Gnome Bear Hunter Upgrade  14 points Juggernaut
Gnome Bear Hunter Upgrade  14 points Juggernaut
Rock Golem Assault Armor     14 points Juggernaut
Rock Golem Assault Armor     14 points Juggernaut

Recon Star
Fast recon infantry point         14 points Ambusher
Fast recon infantry point         14 points Ambusher
Clan Heavy Jump Infantry       14 points Ambusher
Clan Heavy Jump Infantry       14 points Ambusher
Hephaestus C                         19 points Scout
Hephaestus C                         19 points Scout

Total points is 404.  Next post will be made once I get a 2nd Aithon and the Golems  ;)

Edit :Realized that I forgot the extra Rache.  Then went this is more of a Nova plus star than a true trinary.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2015, 08:18:04 by sapperleader »

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: A Call to War: Clan Hell's Horses Omega Galaxy Trinary
« Reply #1 on: 02 September 2015, 21:58:21 »
I think your Command Star is a point short. ;)
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Fletch

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 02 September 2015, 22:27:45 »
Horses!!! Sweet  O0

Louie N

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2015, 00:37:12 »
I like the mechanized and airborne infantry. 

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2015, 10:52:04 »
Horses!!! Sweet  O0

Yeah, very cool. However... no Svartalfas?
Even if this is an ex-Wolf cast-off band of brothers, I still think it needs at least a couple of Svartalfa protos... ^-^
Do it! Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!

Anyway, in all seriousness-- looking forward to seeing how you paint these up. Kudos for tackling the Warden outcasts!!

sapperleader

• Master Sergeant
Proto's in AS are a bit problematic. I would love to have a point, but that would remove the recon star from the force since a point of Svartalfas is 85 points. Want to keep the binary if possible. Might have to play around with this some more.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
Eh... it's a great force, as is. I was just ribbing you-- while also attempting to live vicariously.
I love the Svartalfa, and have wrested with the idea of adding a point to my own Wolf force.
Even the miniature reeks of awesome... [drool]

Saatch

• Lieutenant
My favorite unit in all of B-Tech!

There is great responsibility on your brush. :)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.  If I had more Clan Vees, I'd love to do a unit of Horses.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
My force is coming along so quickly - despite few updates, it's nearly half done already - that I think I'll do up a Clan force, too. I was considering either the Horsies or the Wolves in that tiger camo from the Clan Boxed Set cover.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Register