Author Topic: [Non-BT] Anna's DUST Tactics (lots of pix)  (Read 1305 times)

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
[Non-BT] Anna's DUST Tactics (lots of pix)
« on: 16 March 2016, 06:05:39 »
Hello Y'all. I collect many games, one that I've finished quite a bit for is DUST Tactics.EDIT: these are 1/48 scale It's a Weird World War Two game, Dieselpunkie, with Mecha, Zombies, aliens, and armed Pinup Girls in an Alternate 2nd World War that goes into the later 1940s.It's like they read my mind for the universe I wold create. XD If no one minds, I'll show a few.

This is 'Emily', a Medium Combat Walker (Light), Steel Rain variant, somewhere in Mesopotamia, circa 1947. This is a 1/48 scale kit, with added resin figurine from DTs 'Justine & Company #2' Set, assembled and painted by me for the USMC in Operation:Babylon. I'm giving all my Allied Walkers& Aircraft pinup art and either feminine or humorous names.

^ I'm proud of this shot. :) Caught the morning Sun, just right.

Closeup of the pilot figure. The Axis & SSU (read Russia) have pinup girl officers, the Allies only have 1 woman so far, so I decided to make some of my Walker pilots women.

« Last Edit: 16 March 2016, 16:53:08 by Miz Anna »

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
Re: [Non-BT] Anna's DUST Tactics (lots of pix)
« Reply #1 on: 16 March 2016, 08:23:17 »
+1 for pinup usage.

Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 16 March 2016, 08:30:11 »
+1 for pinup usage.

Thanx! XD What's Weird War without Pinups?

I have a few walkers I can't post here 'cos the Pinups technically are NSFW.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 16 March 2016, 13:00:07 »
Awesome stuff Miz great work

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 16 March 2016, 13:18:19 »
Thanx! :D Y'all can call me 'Anna', no strain. :) Next up, my Sino-Soviet Union IS-48 'Beria' Superheavy Tank. I'm painting my SSU in a rough Winter Whitewash.

'Niki' is another resin DUST mini, slightly converted, painted, and armed as a Tankodesantniki, or Tankrider. The game has rules for Tankodesant, so I though, how betters to represent?

The Commander came with the tank. The graffiti is supposed to say "Hi Mom" in Russkiy. The regimental CO must be a madman to have made them paint Guards Armored insignia on a whitewash, huh? XD

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2016, 16:30:20 »
Nice models! The Wierd War 2 genre is something I could have gotten into, if I wasn't so firmly embedded in 30+ years of BT. That, and "All Quiet on the Martian Front", except it failed to achieve it's strengths.

Love the models! What scale are they? I'm guessing on the order of 1/32 - I don't think there'd be that much detail on 1/72 models, but prepared to be wrong.

The IS-48 - something from Dust, or possibly a renamed IS-7 with the 130mm gun?

(I won't question frontal protection, but I might question eyeshadow on a tank-rider ;) )

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 16 March 2016, 16:50:46 »
Hi worktroll, and thanx. :D Actually, these are 1/48s. Paolo Parente chose that because Tamiya, among others, makes so many 1/48 scale armor kits and accessories. They even have a few sets to 'Dustify' 48th Halftracks and such, I'll be showing them as I finish them. I have a lot of Allied & Axis soldier minis nearly done, too.

The IS-48 pretty much is a IS-7, yes. There's another version with a Tesla Cannon, but it's not really a great weapon. In universe, the SSU lagged behind in recovering the alien tech that leads to mecha, so they have a core of supertanks along with their walkers. I have another version with an IS-2 style turret with Quad AA guns and radar, you'll see that soon.

As for Niki, I nevers leave the house without eyeshadow either. XD

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #7 on: 16 March 2016, 17:15:58 »
A version with a Tesla cannon in the turret? Ridiculous! You'd never be able to brace the aether vortex generators well enough. That's why you should always mount them in the hull, along the lines of an IS-152. Then you're grounding directly through the suspension, and don't need to hang that little bit of rubber dangling off the back ;)

Looking forward to seeing more of your work & conversions.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Miz Anna

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 16 March 2016, 17:18:56 »
Actually, that's an absolutely brilliant idea for using the Tesla parts I have leftovers. XD

Thanx again, more soon. :)