Author Topic: SLDF 418th Mechanized Infantry Division?  (Read 1802 times)

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
SLDF 418th Mechanized Infantry Division?
« on: 20 July 2016, 08:23:01 »
Greetings,

I was reading the Interstellar Operations fiction piece "Falling into Fire," and was wondering about the FWL command center on Bolan.  It's described as having been the former base of the SLDF garrison unit, the 418th Mechanized Infantry Division.  I went looking in Field Manual: SLDF for more information, but the 418th isn't listed there.  Moreover, there isn't any SLDF presence in the entire Bolan Thumb, per the deployment map. 

What formation was the 418th MID intended to be a part of, and when did it leave Bolan?
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Chinless

• Modicis Amice
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
Re: SLDF 418th Mechanized Infantry Division?
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2016, 16:05:24 »
FM SLDF p255 shows the 196th MID as being based on Bolan. Its possible the IO fluff is referring to them.

Perhaps the 416th MID were created after 2764, athough that is somewhat unlikely. Alternatively the 416th could have been constituted from the shattered remains of other units following the fall of Amaris.

Chris

Register