Author Topic: Question on exclusive mechs  (Read 2279 times)

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
Question on exclusive mechs
« on: 25 January 2016, 10:44:08 »
Hi,

last week I assembled a small order of mechs in my favourite German Online Shop. Since I wasn´t sure about my order I decided to sleep over it, and the next day I got a notice that the Thor II I wanted to order was out of stock. This mech was marked "exclusive". What does that mean and will there be replenishment? I really want this mini so bad. :-[

Are there any minis that are lind of limited editions? Because I hate to buy hasty.

GunjiNoKanrei

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • tired ... very tired ...
    • darklined.com
Re: Question on exclusive mechs
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2016, 11:55:49 »
Online Exclusives are usually only available directly via IWM and not through general distribution. There are a few (not just German) online retailers who special order them. So, yes, they can restock the Thor II. It is not a limited edition.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2016, 12:26:09 »
IWM miniatures basically don't go out of production. At least one, the Bombardier, was being continually produced since the Battledroids days right up until it was resculpted in 2010 or so. I think the only miniatures that were straight-up removed from production were the Battledroids pieces, the Unseen (obviously), and the limited-edition Leviathan from a tournament, but still different versions of all those pieces can be ordered.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2016, 18:18:01 »
IWM miniatures basically don't go out of production. At least one, the Bombardier, was being continually produced since the Battledroids days right up until it was resculpted in 2010 or so. I think the only miniatures that were straight-up removed from production were the Battledroids pieces, the Unseen (obviously), and the limited-edition Leviathan from a tournament, but still different versions of all those pieces can be ordered.

Side note, that Bombardier was a fantastic resculpt- considering getting another just because it was such a great miniature. And that's even considering that I hate the Mech itself!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+