Author Topic: Any updates for the Wasp?  (Read 51394 times)

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
Re: Any updates for the Wasp?
« Reply #240 on: 24 July 2017, 19:42:38 »
I guess if you really want the macross unseen, you can go buy the robotech rpg tactics minis. I hear they may have overproduced and are looking to get rid of a few, and they're a breeze to assemble (/sarcasm). Plus it seems like the IP holder might be looking for a payday...

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #241 on: 24 July 2017, 20:07:37 »
I refuse to give the Not-Named Corporation any of my hard-earned money. I would sooner buy random Games Workshop minis and use them as proxies for the unseen than give aid and succour to the Not-Named Corporation or its affiliates.

I feel guilt that during my BT sabbatical and before I knew about the whole unseen saga, I bought the Robotech DVDs and a t-shirt.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #242 on: 24 July 2017, 20:54:05 »
   [copper]

Ahem: let’s all calm down, shall we?  I know there are strong feelings about the Classics, but flying off the handle and starting a flame-war will help no-one.

/ [copper]

abou

• Captain
« Reply #243 on: 24 July 2017, 20:58:34 »
I remember a few years back when they first revealed the Classic MAD and WHM, they said their lawyers had gone over things with a fine-toothed comb and told them what changes they needed to make.
That was my hope. Do you have a reference to that handy? It might be lost to time, but that will ease my mind a lot if it is somewhere.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #244 on: 24 July 2017, 21:55:08 »
At this point, given they're arguing the Locust infringes on the Marauder, the Atlas on the Armored Veritech, and the Shadow Hawk on the Spartan/Gladiator Destroid, it is by no means a safe statement to make that none of this would have happened if they hadn't redone the Macross images for the Classics.  After all, Project Phoenix didn't cause a new lawsuit, nor did the Primitive variants, including the Primitive Wasp.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #245 on: 24 July 2017, 22:50:46 »
That was my hope. Do you have a reference to that handy? It might be lost to time, but that will ease my mind a lot if it is somewhere.

I've been trying to search for it as well with no luck. Please have that link bookmarked!!

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #246 on: 25 July 2017, 08:35:59 »
At this point, given they're arguing the Locust infringes on the Marauder, the Atlas on the Armored Veritech, and the Shadow Hawk on the Spartan/Gladiator Destroid, it is by no means a safe statement to make that none of this would have happened if they hadn't redone the Macross images for the Classics.  After all, Project Phoenix didn't cause a new lawsuit, nor did the Primitive variants, including the Primitive Wasp.

Not yet, anyway.  :-\

I remain hopeful that things will work out, if not in a good way, at least in a non-disastrous way.

The real question, IMO, is how long will we have to wait for resolution? These things move very slowly, and (unless there's a settlement) there won't be any real movement on this for more than a year.

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #247 on: 25 July 2017, 11:34:18 »

I remain hopeful that things will work out, if not in a good way, at least in a non-disastrous way.

The real question, IMO, is how long will we have to wait for resolution? These things move very slowly, and (unless there's a settlement) there won't be any real movement on this for more than a year.

Strap in with a good book, 'cause it may be a long trip. it could potentially be years if it goes to trial and the losing side appeals the verdict. because it then would go up the chain of state appellate courts, then possibly to the Federal District Court (9th Circuit of Appeals, oh, joy...) and from there up to the Supreme Court if the two sides really wanted to push the issue. That could take upwards of five or more years.

For reference, it took 2 years for a lawsuit that ultimately moved "Happy Birthday To You" into the public domain to be resolved (though that was actually speedy due to some last-minute almost Perry Mason-style developments)

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #248 on: 25 July 2017, 14:24:29 »
If the judge does not grant summary judgement nor dismissal - which are unlikely, in this case - then the trial is set for September of 2018.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #249 on: 25 July 2017, 15:20:25 »
If the judge does not grant summary judgement nor dismissal - which are unlikely, in this case - then the trial is set for September of 2018.

Yep. That's where I got my "nothing happens for a year" comment.

I suppose I should have clarified that nothing publicly visible was likely to happen in that time, rather than nothing at all.

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #250 on: 25 July 2017, 16:25:24 »
So am I the only one who's got this nagging urge to just buy up a bunch of primitive wasps, primitive riflemen, and LAMs, just in case?

I think I understand bank panics now.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #251 on: 25 July 2017, 17:32:18 »
I've considered the same, despite all my gameplay for the past couple years having been MegaMek.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #252 on: 25 July 2017, 19:29:39 »
The primitive Rifleman makes a really nice 2N with the right parts.  I have one modded with a magnetized waist and swappable arms for the 1N, 2N and a Star League Era pilot custom.

So am I the only one who's got this nagging urge to just buy up a bunch of primitive wasps, primitive riflemen, and LAMs, just in case?

I think I understand bank panics now.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #253 on: 25 July 2017, 19:44:55 »
2N or 3N?

Anyway, what parts you use for that conversion? Any pics anywhere?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #254 on: 26 July 2017, 08:21:11 »
Yeah, I think I am going to go back to my plan before they announced the Classics . . . use a Marauder 4X to make a MAD-3R, turn a Lament into a Warhammer 6R . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #255 on: 26 July 2017, 09:43:37 »
I cheated and used a set of original RFL arms i had in my bits box for the 2N.  Katanga used a toyama arm and a templar arm.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=53177.msg1226598#msg1226598

2N or 3N?

Anyway, what parts you use for that conversion? Any pics anywhere?
« Last Edit: 26 July 2017, 15:58:49 by Luciora »

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #256 on: 05 August 2017, 17:44:18 »

Well the appointment is in Sep. 2018. This plus the time CGL and IWM will need to apply eventual regulations. That makes 11 years. At least. The time I will see my 14 "unseens" as minis I will be dying of old age. Would never have thought that I will smoke legal weed before I get my unseens.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #257 on: 05 August 2017, 17:50:08 »
Yeah, I think I am going to go back to my plan before they announced the Classics . . . use a Marauder 4X to make a MAD-3R, turn a Lament into a Warhammer 6R . . .

Try it with the left arm of a Thunderhawk. What do ýou think?

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #258 on: 07 August 2017, 07:31:25 »
The time I will see my 14 "unseens" as minis I will be dying of old age.

Don't see why the other uncontested designs can't go go ahead - even the PHawk and the Wasp look completely unlike any of there previous iterations (but still mighty purdy). So to my mind it should only be the whammy and marauder that get delayed. Note use of words Should, and To my mind.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #259 on: 07 August 2017, 13:03:09 »
Don't see why the other uncontested designs can't go go ahead - even the PHawk and the Wasp look completely unlike any of there previous iterations (but still mighty purdy). So to my mind it should only be the whammy and marauder that get delayed. Note use of words Should, and To my mind.

Even if the designs look very different, I would be quite surprised to see CGL put out anything related to Macross-tied designs before this thing is resolved. (Leaving aside the Ost series, which seems to have evolved past the point of even vague recognizability)

I will refrain from making predictions about the Crusher Joe and Dougram designs.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #260 on: 07 August 2017, 13:41:58 »

If Harmony Gold expands the lawsuit to include other designs, and manages to win the case, then all profits from the sale of those items would have to be turned over to them. Holding off is a smart decision.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #261 on: 08 August 2017, 01:31:44 »
As interesting as the fight will be against CGL/PGI is I am far more worried about the idiocy of the fight against HBS and the laughable claim based on the Locust, Atlas, and Shadow Hawk. People do stupid and unpredictable things, and this will end up as a jury fight if no one settles before then.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #262 on: 08 August 2017, 04:33:49 »
As interesting as the fight will be against CGL/PGI is I am far more worried about the idiocy of the fight against HBS and the laughable claim based on the Locust, Atlas, and Shadow Hawk. People do stupid and unpredictable things, and this will end up as a jury fight if no one settles before then.

I cannot think of this being anything else than some sort of deception by HG. I have no experience with American law but could it be that this comparison will be withdrawn when the actual case gets executed and they will come up with the real accusations?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #263 on: 08 August 2017, 06:52:01 »
I am pretty sure it was only a ploy to get Weisman involved due to the original agreement he signed while at FASA but HBS doesn't use anything related to HG in the game yet and what it was going to use was licensed from PGI. They have, from what I could make of it, thrown the prior settlement against Jordan as the primary means of infringement. It sounds like they are trying to point everything to HBS and Jordan saying he was involved with the designs at PGI. Just based on that there is no reason to involve any actual art that isn't even related to their claimed copyrighted material.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #264 on: 23 August 2017, 13:02:00 »
Should I phone my gameshop and tell them that they can remove the Wasp?
https://www.fantasywelt.de/Wasp-WSP-1A-Mech-20-Tons-Combat-Manual-Kurita

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #265 on: 23 August 2017, 13:18:24 »
Should be the Primitive, which is released
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #266 on: 23 August 2017, 16:49:47 »
I think it's best just keep Primitives around and use them as the replacements.  least their more different in many cases than from the originals. I know that's not as cool, but this demi-decade annual disruptions for us is killing me.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #267 on: 23 August 2017, 18:33:57 »
No matter what happens it should be over in under 4 years.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #268 on: 23 August 2017, 18:35:52 »
Well, the project I put off last year is going to get done this year . . . I am making a Warhammer 7M and a Marauder 2R/3R/3D/etc based off of bits.  If I can find my tacky I will be posting a picture of how I intend to put the Warhammer together . . . I probably should have bought a Hammerhands CT but got a prim Tbolt torso instead.
Colt Ward

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #269 on: 25 August 2017, 06:39:08 »
Should I phone my gameshop and tell them that they can remove the Wasp?
https://www.fantasywelt.de/Wasp-WSP-1A-Mech-20-Tons-Combat-Manual-Kurita

As you see it is not available at the moment. You can order, but you will not get it.
I still wait for mine for months now ...  :'(