Author Topic: casting.  (Read 3276 times)

WarGod

• Lieutenant
casting.
« on: 26 October 2015, 21:19:46 »
Ok just a quick question if this need sto be addressed in PM please let me know.  I love the snazzy clear resin exterminator.  Unfortunately I cant find it for a reasonable price , and I'm not dropping 35 to 50  for a few grams of resin.  Now I have mold making stuff, and clear resin ( I cast my own parts for model kits)  , iF i'M MAKING 1 OR 2, based off a mold from a metal mini I bought, its kosher right?  Not selling them, not pretending to be IWM, no profit is being made, its legit right?
A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested
You're falling through the air in a Grenadier. Style went out the window long before you did.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
Re: casting.
« Reply #1 on: 26 October 2015, 21:35:40 »
As I understand it, for your personal use only, not even giving them as a gift.

I am not a lawyer, though.
   - Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: casting.
« Reply #2 on: 27 October 2015, 00:41:51 »
That's my understanding too - personal use only is permitted. But one has to 'own' the whole process chain for creation - which in your case, doesn't sound like a problem - and keep them, which avoids the issue of distribution. So no making any for buddies, even if you intended to give them away for nothing.

(Note it's distribution, not specifically sale for cash or kind, which is against copyright law. Can't even give them away.)

Worktroll, Administrator.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"