Author Topic: Thanks Iron Wind!  (Read 2232 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Thanks Iron Wind!
« on: 08 April 2016, 19:09:18 »
Last year going into Christmas the wife & I moved to our new house.  Lots of chaos in the move and lost track of things.  I had contacted Iron Wind to report a mini had been missing on the order before we started the move but it had not gone very far in the reporting- just pictures.  One of the things had been addressed (wrong arm from the scrapyard) but a missing Toyama from the Archive Return was still missing and during the process of getting that sorted out I also asked how much it would be for a Legionnaire sprue.  The Legionnaire my mother-in-law had bought had a extra gun sprue rather than a 2nd battlefist/exhaust sprue.  IWM said they would comp it, I just wanted to combine shipping . . .

Well that was a year ago, I just figured I would pursue it when I finally placed a new order . . . that never happened.  Too many new mechs from my wife & in-laws for Christmas and my building pace has been spurty.  So since it did not look like I would not be ordering for a while I sent a message back referencing it.  They dug up the order number on their end, jumped all over it (even on the weekend!) and then I was told it would be sent off to someone.  No problem, I know they are good about things.  Never even got a e-mail saying it was shipped, just BAM!  Package was handed over from the wife tonight when I got home for dinner- very fast delivery.

Missing Toyama?  Check.  Missing battlefist/exhaust?  Check.

Kodiak II?
"I've included a free mech as a sorry.  We sincerely apologize for this mix up!' - Zach

Way more than I expected, fast and consistent communication as always.  Thanks to Mark Y, Sue and Zach.

Now I just have to keep the Kodiak II out of my wife's hands just like the regular Kodiak.  She wants to paint it like a Care Bear.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

sadlerbw

• Captain
Re: Thanks Iron Wind!
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2016, 09:38:43 »
That's Awesome! I've had the occasional mistake with my orders, but IWM has always been good about taking care of things. Heck, they are some of the best in terms of fan/customer service when it comes to manufacturers in the hobbies I enjoy.

As for that Kodiak, you should show your wife Cuddles:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/221874-petition-4-carebear-camo-color-channels-on-kodiak/

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to actually do this with my own Kodiak II!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2016, 10:51:09 »
Pffft. It's been done before.

;)
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #3 on: 09 April 2016, 12:33:07 »
Yeah, that is the original Kodiak- its hidden since all it has right now is the primer which means its ready for her to play with if she can find it.  She has painted a Barghest to look like her dog, a Great Turtle is a Blastoise, she wants a Balius to look like a my little pony, and the Fire Falcon is some other idea.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Nomad

• CamoSpecs
  • Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2016, 09:27:17 »
Just wanted to second Colt on giving a big thanks to IWM for their customer support. Over the past six months or so I've placed a couple of big orders. In the first order, I was missing the arms and legs to a Cauldron Born. On my second order, there were a couple of missing mechs, plus a Valkyrie without a head. Each time I contacted them, they promptly sent out whatever was missing, no questions asked. Thanks again Iron Wind, for being so responsive!