Author Topic: Mechcommander Gold on win 7  (Read 28580 times)

stry67

Mechcommander Gold on win 7
« on: 24 May 2011, 23:44:49 »
Anyone know how I can get these to run on my windows 7 64-bit? If possible I hope :(

elf25s

• Major
Re: Mechcommander Gold on win 7
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2011, 02:11:15 »
Check earlier posts...but it is
Possible with lots of tweeking if not sure just google for nechcommander
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

keisukekun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • A Love Suicide
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2011, 01:43:29 »
I have MC and it wont work on vista or 7.  I have it installed on a netbook that has xp.  Mechcommander 2 does work though.  I cant remember the reason Mechcommander wont work on vista or 7 but it was a good one. 

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2011, 15:22:47 »
I've been trying to get MechCommander to run in Virtual XP mode on 7... can't get that to work either.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2011, 15:28:45 »
I got it to work with only a couple small hiccups here and there- I'll see if I can find the instructions I saved when I get home later, but it was simple enough that even I could do it.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 16 June 2011, 19:57:27 »
I got it to work with only a couple small hiccups here and there- I'll see if I can find the instructions I saved when I get home later, but it was simple enough that even I could do it.

word

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

keisukekun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • A Love Suicide
« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2011, 23:33:45 »
I would be interested in such a thing

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2011, 08:52:24 »
Copy and paste the the contents of the disc onto a computer, don't worry about the installer, double click and you should be good to go.  Tried it last night on my Windows 7 64-bit and it worked just fine.
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2011, 09:58:51 »
Copy and paste the the contents of the disc onto a computer, don't worry about the installer, double click and you should be good to go.  Tried it last night on my Windows 7 64-bit and it worked just fine.

Sweet.  I'll try that out later today

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2011, 12:39:02 »

This worked perfectly! Thanks  [notworthy]

keisukekun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • A Love Suicide
« Reply #10 on: 19 June 2011, 12:54:57 »
I believe i tried that but it wouldnt load missions.  ill try again

Lanceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Blake Be Praised
« Reply #11 on: 19 June 2011, 20:35:24 »
 ???
This worked perfectly! Thanks  [notworthy]

O0
"Pure truth cannot be assimilated by the crowd; it must be communicated by contagion" -  Henri-Frédéric Amiel

MOrab46019

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 24 June 2011, 21:52:05 »
I got Mech Commander 2 to work on Win 7.

alexgophermix

« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2011, 12:15:48 »
The copying of the game directory works for me, but keep in mind you likely won't be able to use the editor. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any other way around this. I've seen some other issues on Windows 7 as well:

• I believe if you're installing on 32 bit you can successfully install the game from disc/iso (32bit seems to support MCG's 16 bit installer) but you'll have to set compatibility on the  _ISDL.exe, CPUID.exe and SETUP.exe files to Windows XP or earlier. The same applies for Windows Vista 32 bit.
  • You may have some strange colour display issues (far fewer colours) when you start the game. It seems these either go away in a few seconds or you can minimize (alt+enter) and then maximize (alt+enter) and they'll reset themselves

There's more on this on: Game Engine - Mechcommander Gold

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 13 September 2011, 17:14:30 »
silly thing i came accross in my back ups ...i came accross two files one for mech regular and the other for gold. the files let you play mad cat right from the start...any one intrested let me know and i will e mail them to you if you want them...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #15 on: 13 September 2011, 20:15:21 »
silly thing i came accross in my back ups ...i came accross two files one for mech regular and the other for gold. the files let you play mad cat right from the start...any one intrested let me know and i will e mail them to you if you want them...

Well THAT'S pretty handy to have around, I'd say. You won't have a pilot who can figure out which way is up enough to drive it well, but still- a Mad Cat driven by a sniveling idiot is still a sight better than a decently-run Firestarter any day!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

GhostCat

• Lieutenant
  • If A, then B, The Evil Genius Argument
« Reply #16 on: 14 September 2011, 06:39:56 »
Yep, the Save Game files were easy to transfer to MCG.  I had the good luck of saving the first mission right after the MadCat was patched in.  There are at least two missions where having two functional MadCats all you need. 

I got really good at salvaging the MadCat with Firestarters while fetching the Raven home.  So, I can't really imagine what it's like any more to play through without those big mechs.

GC
"Spirit Cats are just pirates basically." --- Quote from Herb

Grave

• Lieutenant
  • All Your Salvage Are Belong To Us
« Reply #17 on: 14 September 2011, 14:21:52 »
I got really good at salvaging the MadCat with Firestarters while fetching the Raven home.  So, I can't really imagine what it's like any more to play through without those big mechs.

GC

You and me both.  I used to sit there for hours running everybody across the bridge at the start before the airstrikes hit  at the start and doing the objectives backwards.

Yea, it really is that fast....

Legend25

« Reply #18 on: 11 April 2012, 12:58:36 »
www.mechcommanders.shorturl.com

Windows 7 fix and all the downloads u need to play online ;)

your friend

-Legend-

tsmpaul

• Corporal
« Reply #19 on: 21 April 2012, 15:21:52 »
I've never had a problem installing or running MechCommander Gold. Running on vista: Simply go to the cd in Windows Explorer, and locate every EXE file on the cd, and set them to Win 95 compatability mode.
Install the game.
Go to the game's installation directory, find every EXE file, and set them to Win 95 compatability mode.
The game will now run.
- red vs blue battletech painting -