Author Topic: How can I get my FLGS to order minis for me?  (Read 5925 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
How can I get my FLGS to order minis for me?
« on: 07 March 2011, 16:57:40 »
my FLGS uses lion rampant and they are not even giving them the time of day anymore when it comes to ordering battletech stuff, they don;t even bother trying anymore.

How can I convince themt o order through IWM? what kind of incentives are there to working around Lion Rampant besides that I can support my FLGS and they can get my money. I wanna back these guys up, I've been going there since i was a less-large-than-I-am-now child, but what are the drawbacks?

any similar experiences?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Re: How can I get my FLGS to order minis for me?
« Reply #1 on: 07 March 2011, 18:08:27 »
Which store is your local FLGS and where are you located?  Just send me a PM.

Highlander00

Highlander00

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2011, 10:43:00 »
This is for the canadian players out there whose LGS don't carry or order IWM minis because there is no canadian distributor(I could be wrong here+-) and they can't financially make it viable to order just a couple of minis from IWM. Meeplemart in Toronto will order minis for you and his shipping charge is a flat $10 for Ontario and Quebec and $14 for the rest of Canada. He doesn't have IWM mechs listed but just email him your shopping list and he'll order and pick them up from his US distributors for you.
http://www.meeplemart.com/pages/f-a-q

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #3 on: 14 March 2011, 07:38:45 »
thanks for all the help Highlander00

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2011, 21:48:33 »
Around Christmas  i had my lgs order a bunch of stuff for me. They said 10 days and it will be in. Nice i thought,i can buy at the same price as the online store without paying the shipping.

Long story short...couldn't get the ones i wanted because the supplier doesn't carry them. So i ordered them online anyway
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Gunbunnie

• Sergeant
  • My first mech was a...
« Reply #5 on: 24 March 2011, 19:56:36 »
Can a LGS order directly form IWM. If they can, can they order the online only mins? If so how so I can let my LGS know.

Thanks
Daryl
"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: 24 March 2011, 20:37:09 »
Can a LGS order directly form IWM. If they can, can they order the online only mins? If so how so I can let my LGS know.

Thanks
Daryl

Yes they can order directly from IWM and they can also order online only items for people .  They can contact Melissa at IWM for how to order.

We are in the process of starting to allow stores to order from the webstore but it is still in the early stages.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2011, 12:08:48 »
Yes they can order directly from IWM and they can also order online only items for people .  They can contact Melissa at IWM for how to order.

We are in the process of starting to allow stores to order from the webstore but it is still in the early stages.

how does that work re; pricing?

A.E. Housman

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2011, 21:06:06 »
how does that work re; pricing?

They will need to contact Melissa at officewench (at) ironwindmetals.com (Insert @ between name and domain). A store needs to set up and on file with Iron Wind Metals to order directly from them. Like I said, we are in the early stages of allowing Retailers to Order online.

Gunbunnie

• Sergeant
  • My first mech was a...
« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2011, 21:39:06 »
Cool I will let my LGS know. Thanks

Daryl
"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #10 on: 26 March 2011, 08:03:46 »
sounds good, when do you think that will be completely functional?

A.E. Housman

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: 26 March 2011, 10:13:07 »
sounds good, when do you think that will be completely functional?

The online retail ordering ? Sometime soon just need to work with mike on it before we go live. We will make an announcement when its ready to go. What stores need to do  to be set up

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #12 on: 27 March 2011, 15:28:17 »
sounds great, I will clue my FLGS in when everything is ready to rock

A.E. Housman

Register