Author Topic: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31  (Read 23827 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: New releases MegaMek 0.41.21, MegaMekLab 0.1.57, MekHQ 0.3.31
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2016, 17:35:44 »
Made a Default Key Binds text file that show the current key bindings for Megamek cause I have a lousy memory.  :)

I'll be adding it to the next release but wanted to post it here first.

Feedback and improvements very welcome.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

BLOODWOLF

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2016, 20:34:00 »
That prev/next weapon mode is awesome ;) I use it all the time now.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 08 August 2016, 08:08:22 »
I've had another MHQ idea, huzzah! I mentioned previously about a minimum level reorder, so when I go below 100t armor another 100t is automatically ordered etc.

My alternative to this, which might be simpler to implement, is to have a 'units remaining' field, so when I'm replacing a leg, it pulls the number remaining in my warehouse, so that if I notice it's the last one, I can order a few more, instead of not realising, and having the mech out of action for a good few weeks at least.

Any good? Make sense?

trtw

• Private
« Reply #33 on: 08 August 2016, 08:17:10 »
That prev/next weapon mode is awesome ;) I use it all the time now.

*slaps forehead*

I have no idea of why I didn't look for this before........................

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 08 August 2016, 11:37:24 »
*slaps forehead*

I have no idea of why I didn't look for this before........................

It didn't exist prior to this release, which may explain a thing or two.
Member of the MegaMek Team.

Shin Ji

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 08 August 2016, 13:05:41 »
Very much enjoying this release!  I have noticed one issue, tho.  Since MekHQ 3.30, sometimes it skips Mondays.  It will be Sunday, I click next day and nothing happens.  I click next day again, and it's Tuesday.

Has anyone else encountered this?

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 08 August 2016, 13:34:16 »
Very much enjoying this release!  I have noticed one issue, tho.  Since MekHQ 3.30, sometimes it skips Mondays.  It will be Sunday, I click next day and nothing happens.  I click next day again, and it's Tuesday.

I have seen this in previous releases.  It does not actually skip the day as much as it does not refresh the screen.  next time you get to a monday and it seems to do nothing, try save game and reload.  See if it then shows having advanced to the next day. 

Granted, this is a work around and if there is a bug it needs to be reported with all the attachments requested and everything.  But, I think, we can help them by trying to narrow down to exactly what it is doing. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2016, 14:02:36 »

What's happening is that there is an error that keeps it from finishing the new day process. If it only happens on Mondays is probably AtB related. I will need to see a log file when it happens to determine the cause and fix it.

Crow Splat

• Corporal
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2016, 23:20:48 »
Very much enjoying this release. Only issue I've come across is that MekHQ wouldn't let me add in GM mode half tons of machine gun ammo when I tried to get them from the "parts in use" screen.

I was able to buy them with no issues so it is a pretty minor thing and I haven't been able to replicate it reliably.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 10 August 2016, 02:52:17 »
Hi all, I've had MekHQ die on me for the first ever time :(

I was playing it into the wee hours last night, had just come off a Routed contract, made my way back to Outreach and was just exploring the joys of upgrading half my hangar (double heat sinks all around!), accepted my next contract, then saved and exited. I came to run MekHQ this morning, it loaded up fine, but when I went to load my save, it got around halfway through then said 'Unable to load xxx, check log file' or words to that effect, I'm at work now and can't check again.

I've attached the log file, but I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Hope you can help!

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: 10 August 2016, 02:54:29 »
Oh, and I think I *may* have just gone into the new year, 3067? I'm not sure

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 10 August 2016, 07:02:22 »
The only thing I can see with my extremely limited skills is the clan mechs not being found in the RAT, could that be the problem? Has the RAT I'm using (I think it's XOTL and the other one that are on as standard) got no data for 3067 or something?

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #42 on: 10 August 2016, 11:15:11 »
No,  it will use the closest date available. I didn't see anything in the log file.  We'll need the campaign file (with any custom units) to find the cause.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #43 on: 10 August 2016, 11:38:08 »
@Moleman

Where did you get those RATs?  I don't recognize the file names on them.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 10 August 2016, 11:58:10 »
From Molemans log... it is deep in the middle and I missed it a few times myself :)

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -2
   at mekhq.campaign.unit.Unit.initializeParts(Unit.java:1805)
   at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:4004)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:184)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:113)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
   at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Starting load of faction data from XML...

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #45 on: 10 August 2016, 13:46:21 »
The rats came with the latest release of mekhq, I've not altered them from the Atb simple setup. I've just had a play and gone back to an old save from Jan 3066 and simply advanced time deep into 3067 and been able to load it up fine. I've not got any modified files, the only thing like that is I upgraded a lot of mechs (right click on them in the hangar tab, then something like alter/amend/customise, the one where you can change it to a different model, awesome 8Q > awesome 9Q etc

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #46 on: 10 August 2016, 14:44:20 »
The rats came with the latest release of mekhq, I've not altered them from the Atb simple setup. I've just had a play and gone back to an old save from Jan 3066 and simply advanced time deep into 3067 and been able to load it up fine. I've not got any modified files, the only thing like that is I upgraded a lot of mechs (right click on them in the hangar tab, then something like alter/amend/customise, the one where you can change it to a different model, awesome 8Q > awesome 9Q etc

Weird when I download the current release none of the RATs mentioned in your log are there.

You didn't have an older MHQ or MM folder you copied stuff into by chance?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: 10 August 2016, 14:52:16 »
Wait, now I think about it I downloaded a xotl3050-obvious file ages ago but never used it, could it be that?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #48 on: 10 August 2016, 15:04:10 »
Wait, now I think about it I downloaded a xotl3050-obvious file ages ago but never used it, could it be that?

Yeah, the Xotl Rats are included with the releases have been updated and fixed to cover all the unit name changes.  The RATs aren't causing your crash but are making the log really long.

Did you unzipped the default.zip folder in the data\rats folder? Or did you just move that xotl file into the RATs folder?
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: 10 August 2016, 15:46:57 »
I just moved it in, the xotl one looks like it's unzipped, the default one that came with HQ looks zipped still

Obvious

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 10 August 2016, 15:52:06 »

That RAT should be useless now as they fixed the issues it addressed in the relevant RATs a while ago.
It is better to be lucky than an idiot.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #51 on: 10 August 2016, 16:05:10 »
I just moved it in, the xotl one looks like it's unzipped, the default one that came with HQ looks zipped still

If you delete everything that isn't zipped those errors should go away.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 10 August 2016, 16:26:16 »
Thanks for your help guys! I'm advancing on slowly from my old save, doing a manual weekly autosave! Going to try and upgrade the mechs again and see if the problem occurs again!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #53 on: 10 August 2016, 16:40:30 »
Thanks for your help guys! I'm advancing on slowly from my old save, doing a manual weekly autosave! Going to try and upgrade the mechs again and see if the problem occurs again!

I should clarify...

From Molemans log... it is deep in the middle and I missed it a few times myself :)

at mekhq.campaign.Campaign.createCampaignFromXMLFileInputStream(Campaign.java:4004)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:184)
   at mekhq.gui.dialog.DataLoadingDialog$Task.doInBackground(DataLoadingDialog.java:113)

That error will still exist and would still need to be looked at.  Its the unit errors in the RATs that should be resolved.

I'm advancing on slowly from my old save, doing a manual weekly autosave!

Looking at the error its seems to deal with BattleArmor, depending on how old your campaign was we had issues with BA parts for a while.  But one of the coders would need to see the campaign save and log to find a specific cause.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #54 on: 10 August 2016, 17:57:33 »

That error is related to a BA part.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: 11 August 2016, 00:58:45 »
Haha, i came to the same conclusion! I assigned all my refit kits, saved and loaded fine, I then advanced until a refit was completed, saved and then tried to reload that save. The failure to reload occurred after I refitted a IS Standard Battle Armor [MG] into an IS Standard Battle Armor [SRM]!

I will send you guys a copy of the save later today if you wish, I have work first though :(

Thanks for all your help!

lucho

• Warrant Officer
  • say hello to my new friend!
« Reply #56 on: 11 August 2016, 06:46:30 »
Ok, using the new MegaMek and MegaMekLab. So far so good in general. But one thing:

In MegaMekLab when I try to make a Tripod (normal weight, under 100 tons), some things aren't there: The cockpit is only 3 tons; it should be 4 tons. Also, when I mount AES it only weighs 1.5 tons, it should weigh 2 tons ( TacOps states that Tripods follow the rules for bipedal mechs. Was this changed?). Furthermore, MegaMekLab won't let me mount AES in the central leg, only the left and right legs.

Should I file a bug report, or am I looking at unimplemented features?
If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

arlith

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #57 on: 11 August 2016, 08:23:52 »
Should I file a bug report, or am I looking at unimplemented features?

I would file a report; it's probably unimplemented however it will remain that way unless there's a ticket for it.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 14 August 2016, 18:58:58 »
 Sorry guys I had a bad load of Java I guess. Re-downloaded Java and can now battle in the newest version.

Bongfu

• Warrant Officer
  • Commander of the Crater Cats
    • North Texas Battletech
« Reply #59 on: 17 August 2016, 12:15:37 »
Something weird is going on with the latest release for me.

I started a new campaign, AtB. Everyone was going fine, but when I took my first contract I noticed my first lance of my company was not available to assign a role. I could deploy them on missions manually, but they did not appear in the contract screen.

I am doing a civil war era campaign. I am fighting CJF at the moment. When I captured some Clan mechs and repaired them to 100%, I am unable to use them in battle. They appear in the Megamek load screen, but when I go to actually deploy they don't show up. Oddly, the two clan omnis I purchased from the unit market did show up. I have enabled allow invalid designs and everything, but still no luck. Would be really nice to be able to field those because I captured a Kraken 2  ::)

I also have the annoying bug where my campaign file seems to become corrupt and I cannot load it. Meaning I lose, sometimes days, of gameplay. Log is attached.
« Last Edit: 17 August 2016, 12:28:42 by Bongfu »
North Texas Battletech

Register