Author Topic: Detroit production pre-Trinity?  (Read 3565 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Detroit production pre-Trinity?
« on: 01 June 2017, 12:14:21 »
Just wondering if we had any ideas what Detroit was producing before being taken into the Trinity Alliance?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Detroit production pre-Trinity?
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2017, 15:23:45 »
Nothing of importance.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2017, 16:34:41 »
Hm, well I figured that is what the Marshalls and other Maltin forces on planet would have been armed with to resist the CCAF/MAF force Naomi led.  By the fluff on the Marshall I would expect that had that mech, as lack as it seems, but I would not expect it built on Detroit.

Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2017, 16:52:00 »
The Marshal was built by the Taurians, and it made up only a portion of their forces. The Colonial Marshals were in general outfitted with whatever equipment the Concordat and Magistracy had to spare, so most likely old tech lights and mediums, or any personal mechs individual marshals brought with them.

The mech plant on Detroit wasn't established until later.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2017, 17:29:57 »
Actually the Marshall fluff says they should have all been outfitted with it shortly and after that the production would go to the TDF.  The factory was also Maltin's project from what I have read, though I do not have FM Perif, with the chance it was not fully function by the time Naomi came calling- with the list of what it makes in the future IMO it would have been a good chance it was producing simple Stingers & Wasps.
Colt Ward

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2017, 05:23:56 »
Detroit was an unmarked but inhabited world. That means that it had no significant impact on the rest of the Inner Sphere. And I would call a functional Mech factory significant
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

ajcbm

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2017, 06:42:06 »
The Marshal was first made by Taurus Territorial Industries.

Detroit used to have a BattleMech factory but was destroyed during the Reunification War. The Capellan Confederation rebuilt it in 3060 with WoB assistance. Basically, Detroit and Victoria was the price WoB had to pay for the Pirates War they started.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2017, 08:19:11 »
I was looking at the Field Manual: SLDF's maps.  Detroit certainly on there.  Nearly by itself, north of Spencer. 

Odd that nothing listed in the area.  Both worlds were shown to be colored as if they were part of MoC.  However, not in the border.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki