Author Topic: Objective Raids 3150 the return thread  (Read 5982 times)

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Objective Raids 3150 the return thread
« on: 13 July 2017, 08:58:58 »
Before the crash someone was putting together Objective Raids 3150 (sorry I can't remember who). Any way they were looking for some more info on the Marians around this time.

Here are some references that may help
Field Manual:3145 pg 114 (see First Marik Protectors) and 188 (Marian Hegemony)
TRO 3150 Testudo Siege Tank fluff gives a hint of the fighting for Kendall

Units produced in the Marain Hegemony
- - - Domestic 'Mechs - - -
Lights
Locust LCT-1V2
Commando COM-4H

Mediums
Icarus ICR-1X move production to ICR-2S  (keeps in line with the MUL dropping primitive versions)
Centurion CN9-H move production to CN9-Ar (keeps in line with the MUL dropping primitive versions)
Gladiator GLD-1R move production to GLD-5R (keeps in line with the MUL dropping primitive versions)

Heavy
None

Assault
Emperor EMP-1A move production to EMP-6A (keeps in line with the MUL dropping primitive versions)

Tanks
 APC's, Maultier, Harasser, J.E. Hover, Gladius, Gladius II, Fulcrum, Testudo, SRM Carrier, Laser Carrier, AC2 Carrier, Heavy LRM Carrier (was in the works as of 3085)

BA
Marauder and Ravager

Fighters
Shilone

If they end up holding on to Kendall
Kendall factory
Quasimodo QSM-3D
Orion ON-1M, 2M, and MX
Pandarus LFA-1X
Bulwark Assault Vehicle
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
Re: Objective Raids 3150 the return thread
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2017, 09:30:32 »
Saint, that would be me. I am still working on it, and currently trying to polishing it abd adding references to the text. The only near-periphery faction still left to do is Canopus.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2017, 09:32:50 »
My question is: why not write it for 3145, where we have more concretre information? As of this point, 3150 is still pure speculation
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 13 July 2017, 09:41:22 »
To be sincere, 3145 or 3150 is more or less the same. We have little info on both. Also, 3150 is the current year IIRC.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 13 July 2017, 11:07:34 »
I had hoped to post this sooner , hope it still helps a little. O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: 13 July 2017, 13:16:24 »
I had hoped to post this sooner , hope it still helps a little. O0

Every tiny sample of data is useful. I even found about the Filvet Javelin reading an old MH thread. The MH part was...controversial (take in count i am friends with Adaca, aka The biggest Marian Hegemony fan in the Planet", and we keep comunications (i am joking, he is a treasure of data about the Hegemony). And so far, the Taurian part left me wondering about the consistency and coherence of the fluff given in the last Field Manual.

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: 13 July 2017, 14:10:28 »
Version 2.4 is out. Check it, and report any error/mistake/suggestion you have. It is still a work-in-progress, and can be improved/changed. Insult and cursing by traditional paper mail system please! ;D

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2017, 15:55:06 »
Marian Arms is missing Icarus, Centurion , Gladiator, and Emperor production.

ATC is missing the Centurion

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #8 on: 13 July 2017, 16:11:01 »
Hadrian Missing  Laser Carrier

Apart from that, as they say on other occasions if they say that the primitive lines of other states are modernized, I do not see why after 75 years the Marian Hegemony can not have done the same thing.

As you say in your conclusions, what about the CA / 10 and other basic weapon designs is unrealistic that a state the size of the Marian Hegemony did not make their own designs of arms or easily buy patents of those equipment and others

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: 13 July 2017, 19:15:39 »
Marian Arms is missing Icarus, Centurion , Gladiator, and Emperor production.

ATC is missing the Centurion

I am aware of it. Logic(if can be applied to the Battletech setting) would say that a nation the size of the MH could at least upgrade those models to more modern versions. Between Herb post, and some mentions in both FM:3085 and FM:3145, one could consider that the Retrotech is dead by 3150, beign a product of a time of need. In those mentions you see both the IS and the Periphery turning the Retrotech lines down, and sending the mechs to Home Guards and militia. MUL shows the primitive versions of the Gladiator as beign extinct, but the -5R with one of its user the MH. sadly the introtech -4R appears as extinct. The Icarus -1X still appears as beign used/produced, but the MH is also one of the -2S users (made for the RoTS IIRC). And finally the Emperor, with the -1X still avaible as far as the Early Republic Era, but also appearing the -6A  in the MH list by the same time. All this, as i said, would logically lead to the conclusion that the MH upgraded its lines, but Battletech is not a world of logic sadly. So far the only mention of modern mechs is the FM: 3085 with its "A number of RetroTech  Mechs preceded the introduction of true BattleMechs: Commandos and Locusts are now coming off ATC`s lines on Alphard itself." (Field Manual: 3085, page 134). Until i got a more solid evidence, i will try to stick to canon and writte-off the primitive lines.

Hadrian Missing  Laser Carrier

Danke, noted.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #10 on: 13 July 2017, 19:39:25 »
Which Baldur Mekorig, is a retcon rewriting the history of the Mechs in the MH or an error of not reading the previously written, as I always say, Marian Arms manufactures the Commando and the Locust for a long time, which if possible Given that the MH will move from the style of construction of Workshop, to Assembly Line factory, but the logical and expected is that those who do are those who already did.

The ATC should be building another design, because for something the Marian Hegemony gave them too much funds and we already know that Cesar Ignatius is not one of those pious people when he feels ripped off

The primitive mechs for me must be modern versions, if New St Andrews, Randis or Fronc do it I do not see why the Marian Hegemony does not

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #11 on: 13 July 2017, 22:00:32 »
That's not what I meant, just that you don't have any mention of them. If you don't want to update their production lines you should at least keep the existing lines.

I do agree with Adacas that the lines would likely be modernized, and with this being a fan product why not take that logical step? Even in the Btech universe no one has shut down 2/3rds of it's mech production just because.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #12 on: 13 July 2017, 22:47:11 »
To be sincere, 3145 or 3150 is more or less the same. We have little info on both. Also, 3150 is the current year IIRC.

We know that boundries have shifted by then, but not by how much. It can mke a world of difference

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2017, 22:25:08 »
SQUEE!  New fan project!

...anything I can do to help?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #14 on: 15 July 2017, 09:46:44 »
That's not what I meant, just that you don't have any mention of them. If you don't want to update their production lines you should at least keep the existing lines.

I do agree with Adacas that the lines would likely be modernized, and with this being a fan product why not take that logical step? Even in the Btech universe no one has shut down 2/3rds of it's mech production just because.

Gonna ponder about it. As we said it, talking about it with the pillow.

SQUEE!  New fan project!

...anything I can do to help?

Any help is welcome! Grab a copy, and check if i made mistakes, or if you find any other data bit we can use. I found about the Fronc Reach`s Raider and the Filvet`s Javelin thanks to the board.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #15 on: 15 July 2017, 20:44:06 »
I was thinking of the Highlander and the MUL, I was thinking that another mech that could apply the same to the case of Brigand in Dark Age to mech only have the Pirates and the Marian Hegemony which leads me to think that perhaps the Hegemony Has done retro-engineering and has taken the mech to production

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #16 on: 17 July 2017, 12:35:33 »
The Highlander is....complicated. Lets say what we know: The mech is beign produced in Son Hoa (i think), an independant ex-LC planet, but it still have a kind of deal with StarCorp to keep providing for the LC. The y produce the -694, -734 & -738 variants. Knowing StarCorps, we can assume they sell to almost anyone. Now, in FM: 3085 the MH RAT did no have the Highlander in any of its variant, but the -732 version appears in the Periphery RAT in FM:3145, from wich the MH roll its mechs. Also MUL shows that the MH is the only Periphery user of the -732 and -732b, beign Mercenaries, IS General and IS Clan General the other users for both. The mech itself is not too hightech, with the only SL-tech items beign the FFA w/CASE, Artemis IV, DHS and the GR. In the tech level side, for a nation capable of making FFA w/CASE and Arrow IV, i dont see it out of its reach. But knowing the universe, it could be the refit of old -732 or even introtech -733.

The Brigand is nother beast. We know that the pirates in the Pirate Cluster basically build it from contraband parts, and the ones in Tortuga made some kind of sme-manual assembly line for it. We know that the MH produce the Commando, so they share engine, and for the DA era neither Endo-Steel, nor ER or Pulse lasers were exotic techs. I can see TechWizards from Baccalieu making them in their workshops.

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #17 on: 17 July 2017, 13:03:26 »
The Highlander is....complicated. Lets say what we know: The mech is beign produced in Son Hoa (i think), an independant ex-LC planet, but it still have a kind of deal with StarCorp to keep providing for the LC. The y produce the -694, -734 & -738 variants. Knowing StarCorps, we can assume they sell to almost anyone. Now, in FM: 3085 the MH RAT did no have the Highlander in any of its variant, but the -732 version appears in the Periphery RAT in FM:3145, from wich the MH roll its mechs. Also MUL shows that the MH is the only Periphery user of the -732 and -732b, beign Mercenaries, IS General and IS Clan General the other users for both. The mech itself is not too hightech, with the only SL-tech items beign the FFA w/CASE, Artemis IV, DHS and the GR. In the tech level side, for a nation capable of making FFA w/CASE and Arrow IV, i dont see it out of its reach. But knowing the universe, it could be the refit of old -732 or even introtech -733.

The Brigand is nother beast. We know that the pirates in the Pirate Cluster basically build it from contraband parts, and the ones in Tortuga made some kind of sme-manual assembly line for it. We know that the MH produce the Commando, so they share engine, and for the DA era neither Endo-Steel, nor ER or Pulse lasers were exotic techs. I can see TechWizards from Baccalieu making them in their workshops.

YYPi, Then you could add the Brigand to the retrofit by Techwizards? What the Highlander is really a beautiful mystery, and it would be interesting to clarify

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #18 on: 20 July 2017, 15:23:43 »
Version 2.5 up, now with more ladies-of-the-night and drugs....errrr, i mean, with the Magistracy of Canopus info.  O:-)

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #19 on: 20 July 2017, 16:15:40 »
I think you forgot to update what we marked you before, in the desire to add to Canopus

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #20 on: 20 July 2017, 18:57:53 »
I think you forgot to update what we marked you before, in the desire to add to Canopus

Yeap, I forgot those, and also forgot to erase what the Canopians imported for Detroit`s factories. More to add to next version.

In other things guys, what do you think if i add the Raven Alliance to the Periphery? Or i keep it in the Clan section?

Adacas

• Lieutenant
  • In the Cesar Service!!
« Reply #21 on: 20 July 2017, 19:21:13 »
In my opinion, they are a part of the Periphery and at the same time a Clan, you think to add to the Rim Collection too?

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #22 on: 21 July 2017, 08:45:26 »
I'd move the Ravens to the Clans . This is more about military production than fluff.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2017, 09:34:31 »
Every other CBT source categorises the Raven Alliance as "Clan" rather than "Periphery", so I'd keep them as "Clan" for the sake of consistency, if nothing else

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2017, 10:38:52 »
As an update:

MUL lists the TR-A-6 Toro as remaining extinct; furthermore, it doesn't appear on any RATs from the Jihad or later. Any being produced would appear to be TR-A-1 primitives (unless there's a source saying otherwise that I missed)

nckestrel's post (http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58040.msg1335634#msg1335634) seems to suggest that the Taurians replaced production of the TDR-5Sb with the TDR-9T rather then producing the two side by side

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
    • My Facebook
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2017, 10:50:51 »
I'd move the Ravens to the Clans . This is more about military production than fluff.

Every other CBT source categorises the Raven Alliance as "Clan" rather than "Periphery", so I'd keep them as "Clan" for the sake of consistency, if nothing else

Yeah, i think the Raven will fit better in the clan section, even if they still have some deals with the Taurians (see Cadaver for example).

As an update:

MUL lists the TR-A-6 Toro as remaining extinct; furthermore, it doesn't appear on any RATs from the Jihad or later. Any being produced would appear to be TR-A-1 primitives (unless there's a source saying otherwise that I missed)

So either MUL is not up-to-date, or line 15 in the Taurian Concordat Mech RAT in Field Manual 3145, page 222, it is an error.

nckestrel's post (http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58040.msg1335634#msg1335634) seems to suggest that the Taurians replaced production of the TDR-5Sb with the TDR-9T rather then producing the two side by side

I am waiting a PM´s answer to update the Taurian section. But you have a good point there.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #26 on: 22 July 2017, 02:57:12 »
So either MUL is not up-to-date, or line 15 in the Taurian Concordat Mech RAT in Field Manual 3145, page 222, it is an error.

Good point; I didn't see that there. My mistake.

Register