Author Topic: Era Report: 3062???  (Read 4194 times)

Alex Keller

• Captain
Era Report: 3062???
« on: 16 July 2011, 02:14:39 »
So, Era Report: 3062 should be hitting the shelves soon.  Has anyone reviewed the product?  How is it different from Era Report: 3052?  How is it the same? 

Any input would be great!

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
Re: Era Report: 3062???
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2011, 12:41:18 »
I like it okay. I find the character art to be somewhat lackluster (Making Nondi Steiner an old Asian man is a hoot however.) for some characters. The History and technical sections are decent, as are the RATs. So all in all it's a solid book, but we don't get much information on the architect of Clan Smoke Jaguar's destruction, Trent.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2011, 00:04:30 »
So are there more personalities in 3062 than in 3052?  And are there AToW rules for certain mechwarriors in the back? 

BlazingSky

• Lieutenant
  • Ah yes, the rabble and their "Medium Mechs"
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2011, 10:11:03 »
Exact same number of personalities, though some are repeated. (The obvious major players of course.) It does have AToW rules for all of the personalities in the book as well.
I don't post to play nice with everyone. I post to posit my ideas. If this offends you, there's an ignore function.
I knew this day would come! The day of the stapler men has arrived!

ColonelCody

• Lieutenant
  • "What We Have Here, Is Failure To Communicate"
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2011, 10:23:35 »
I'm very eager to see this on my shelf.  3050-3062 was my favorite era.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2011, 21:31:10 »
So... got the product.  It's a nice compilation but I didn't find it as exciting as 3052.  Haven't had an opportunity to play any of the campaigns either.  Still have a lot to look through. 

StoneGiant

• Master Sergeant
  • CLAN WIND SHRIMP
« Reply #6 on: 23 August 2011, 03:54:01 »
It's sitting in my to read stack, but what mech is that flying towards the Hunchback IIC? I think it's supposed to be a Berserker but I really can't tell from the damage...

Cool cover though!  8)
555th Prawn Grenadiers, Tempura Galaxy, Scampi Cluster, Gumbo Super Nova, Risotto Trinary, Creole Star.

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #7 on: 23 August 2011, 07:31:31 »
It's sitting in my to read stack, but what mech is that flying towards the Hunchback IIC? I think it's supposed to be a Berserker but I really can't tell from the damage...

Cool cover though!  8)

A Nightsky.

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: 24 August 2011, 07:36:02 »
Hey,

I am currently digging into it, being on the major factions section right now.
For what I have seen so far, is that the Track section has been expanded with a mini-campaign system, that allows players to build their own Huntress campaign. It's not nearly detailed like the old sourcebook dealing with the fall of Huntress, however!

Besides, I really like the way how both Era Reports turned out, as they provide all necessary infos in just one sourcebook.

I will post a more detailed review later....

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #9 on: 26 August 2011, 10:41:52 »
I thumbed through it at the game shop, skipped straight to the Operation Guerrero entry, and was dissapointed. I suppose I was really only in the market for expanded material dealing with Operation Guerrero, but the Era Report: 3062 merely re-states facts already published (and in once case directly contradicts others).

On those grounds I didn't buy it, but that isn't necessarily a fair review.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Alain Yanez

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 28 December 2011, 01:43:09 »
Bought this this afternoon, had it read about two hours later.  LOL   Overall, I thought it was pretty good.  As always, there were some things that could have used improvement, or expansion, but, for what it is, and for what it is clearly intended to do, I enjoyed it.

On a scale with Wars of Reaving, I thought it was a better book.