Author Topic: Book Review: Campaign Operations  (Read 4019 times)

Zardoz the Magnificent

• Recruit
Book Review: Campaign Operations
« on: 12 September 2016, 09:54:08 »
We put together a book review of Campaign Operations on our Blog, Check it out at http://zardozgames.blogspot.com/2016/09/campaign-operations-book-review.html

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Re: Book Review: Campaign Operations
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2016, 14:54:14 »
Heh- took me a couple tries before I realized the link is coded "url=ftp://etc" instead of "url=http://etc".

Thanks for posting the review! I see you're walking through unit creation in later posts- are you planning to review more BattleTech books chapter-by-chapter, or is this a special case?
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2016, 15:10:36 »
In short: it's Dungeon Master Guide for Battletech and everyone should have it. :) Best book for GMs since First Strike.
(+)

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #3 on: 09 January 2017, 00:45:05 »
Nice review so far as I read.

One thing to note:

It’s not a system that you’ll sit down with on a rainy Friday and say “Hey, i want to build a unit for the laughs of it.”
Exactly that, after all "just for laughs" already exists in the form of random roll charts!  ;)
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Zardoz the Magnificent

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2017, 12:33:59 »
Oops guys, sorry I forgot I posted this way back when.  I'll put an updated list of my reviews and the current alpha strike projects we're finishing up.  Very sorry for anyone in the lurch

Register