Author Topic: Announcement : Mechcommander Omnitech Project  (Read 58015 times)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
Re: Announcement : Mechcommander Omnitech Project
« Reply #60 on: 03 May 2011, 08:42:32 »
Sir..you have my attention!

I haven't seen a bloodkite yet. Which game is it in?
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #61 on: 03 May 2011, 12:09:39 »
Not used in a campaign sofar. Only available for mission designer, of add it to one of the purchase files so you can buy it ingame :)

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #62 on: 03 May 2011, 12:40:59 »
Just open a game save in Notepad and swap in an entry like this:
Code: [Select]
[Inventory0]
st Chassis = "data\objects\bloodkite.csv"
st Variant = "Blood Kite Prime"
b Designer = TRUE

Pretty faithful interpretation:
9 Clan LRM Racks
3 Clan ERLL
3 Clan SRM6 packs
54kph, JJ and solid armor.

Given the amount of heat capacity there, I'm pretty sure one could easily convert it to a Blood Kite 2 if desired, but the SRMs do help when you're closer in.

Even with an average-skill pilot, one is brutal against lighter 'Mechs and Vehicles(3 ERLL(ammo conservation) is almost guaranteed to one-shot the common low-end vehicles, even accounting for average gunnery-level misses). I haven't tried fielding more than one, and haven't taken it to later missions in the campaigns, yet.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 03 May 2011, 14:51:56 »
That went over my head...

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #64 on: 03 May 2011, 20:26:54 »
It's in this game, MechCommander Omnitech. It's one of several new 'Mechs the team has made, but as they're still revamping the logistics system, they haven't added it to the actual campaign purchase/mission files yet. The relevant data for the 'Mech is all there, though, and you can see it in the in-game Encyclopedia.

Just like retail MechCommander 2, the game saves are in relatively simple, plaintext files that can be easily edited without needing special tools. You can tweak pilot stats, give yourself more money, or give yourself otherwise-unavailable 'Mechs to play with pretty easily, once you understand how it works.

The easiest way to add a Mech would probably be to just swap one of the ones you have.
Say, complete the first Mission of Carver 5, save the game(for example 'game1'), then Alt-Tab out, find the file in the MechCommanderOmnitech\data\savegame folder(as above, it'd be 'game1.fit'), and open it in Notepad. At the bottom, you'll see:
[Inventory0]
st Chassis = "data\objects\jenner.csv"
st Variant = "Jenner JR7-D"
b Designer = TRUE

[Inventory1]
st Chassis = "data\objects\firestarter.csv"
st Variant = "Firestarter FS9-W"
b Designer = TRUE

[Inventory2]
st Chassis = "data\objects\werewolf.csv"
st Variant = "Razorback RZK-9C"
b Designer = TRUE

[IComponents]

[purComponents]
FITend
You may see an extra line('st Pilot =') in each 'Mech entry, saying which pilot is currently assigned to the 'Mech, but deleting it won't hurt anything.
Just change the entry under [Inventory0], to this:
[Inventory0]
b Designer = TRUE
Save and close the file in Notepad, then re-open the save in MCO, and your Jenner will be replaced a Blood Kite.

If, instead, you wanted to add a whole new Mech without swapping for another, you'd have add 1 to an entry called InventoryCount up at the top.
[General]
l VariantCount = 0
l PilotCount = 108
l InventoryCount = 4
then add:
[Inventory3]
b Designer = TRUE
just under the [Inventory2] Mech at the bottom.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2011, 20:54:46 by Timerlane »

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 04 May 2011, 00:24:54 »
Very cool. Thank you for that explination. I truly have no clue what notepad is or anything like that. I'm very ignorant when it comes that kind of stuff. I am totally not trying t be rude or arrogant or anything like that. I've just never been one to spend much time learning about it. Its all very interesting and quite magical how entering in a series of symbols,letters and numbers makes a game this fun. You guys are like mideval alchemists to me.

I did find the bloodkite and bloodkite II. THEY ARE AWESOME! the mech looks awesome and the firepower...holy crap! Well done sir, well done.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #66 on: 04 May 2011, 02:06:28 »
notepad wordpad, and paint are "accessory" programs provided by default with windows operating systems.

they all appear (unless customized/moved) in the accessories folder in the start menu

notepad is a very basic word processing app
wordpad is a somewhat more advanced word processor
paint is well a picture app

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 04 May 2011, 08:10:31 »
Thank you

Karsus

• Private
« Reply #68 on: 07 May 2011, 09:55:27 »
Hello MCO team! After trying out your mod I decided to join the forum and give you a well deserved thank you! I've already pointed several people to your download and we now have more mech commanders in the fray.

I do have a few questions if you don't mind.

1: Though I lack technical experience in coding/modelling I would still like to help out if its needed. While i'm enjoying the current build, should I be noting any bugs to report, or do you already have this covered? Same goes for proof reading or balance checking on new mechs.

2: Am I assuming right that the eventual goal for this mod is a total conversion from the graphics to the UI? Or is it more of a "heavy spruce up" with added content?

3: Are there any plans to incorporate more of the mech weapons that are out of vanilla MC2?

4: Purely a dreaming request but I figured it couldn't hurt to try. If you have the time, I would love to see a solitaire and jade hawk in this game. ;)

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 07 May 2011, 10:15:04 »
I have a question about the exodus game...Is any one else having trouble figuring out how to get the pirates vehicles to the safe place without the ambulance getting blown up in the first few seconds after the wolves show up?

I even tried it on easy and the ambulance blows up with alacrity. I've tried to throw the hunchback at the wolves sacrificing it to let it get away, didn't work.I tried to sacrafice all the mechs to help them get away, didn't work...any one have any ideas?

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #70 on: 07 May 2011, 13:01:41 »
I have a question about the exodus game...Is any one else having trouble figuring out how to get the pirates vehicles to the safe place without the ambulance getting blown up in the first few seconds after the wolves show up?

I even tried it on easy and the ambulance blows up with alacrity. I've tried to throw the hunchback at the wolves sacrificing it to let it get away, didn't work.I tried to sacrafice all the mechs to help them get away, didn't work...any one have any ideas?

Honestly, I don't know, but I have a nebular memory that there is either a bug or a trick involved. It has been discussed somewhere on DSC I think, but I'm not sure. Anyway, you can look or post here or in our HLP Forum, Magic will see it on Monday, he is the creator of the campaign. Take a look here :

http://www.dropshipcommand.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=15&topic_id=4187&mesg_id=4187&page=

Though I lack technical experience in coding/modelling I would still like to help out if its needed. While i'm enjoying the current build, should I be noting any bugs to report, or do you already have this covered? Same goes for proof reading or balance checking on new mechs.

Once some campaigns are up, there could really be some use of proofreading, because not all from the team are native english speakers (I'm german, Magic is from Croatia). Also, I could need someone with good fantasie that could help me develop the story for my own campaign after chapter 2

2: Am I assuming right that the eventual goal for this mod is a total conversion from the graphics to the UI? Or is it more of a "heavy spruce up" with added content?

Hm, it's both I would say :) I'm a graphic whore, so updating the graphic and look is really important for me, especially because I like to play in close zoom in. But I also take a special eye on gameplay and balance and to bring in more content and collect the best, the Battletech gaming has to offer, so that the games get's even more great. Unfortunately, another graphic update past the 256 er texture will require a coder, and so far we have found none. Additional UV-Mappers and 2D/3D Artists will also always be helpful. The more we are, the faster it get's done :)

3: Are there any plans to incorporate more of the mech weapons that are out of vanilla MC2?

The inventory system will certainly be enhanced once the new logistic is done, we have actually big plans (but we won't spoil them now :) )
« Last Edit: 07 May 2011, 13:04:29 by Starman001 »

Downslide

• Master Sergeant
  • Cry Havoc
« Reply #71 on: 07 May 2011, 17:16:50 »
Once some campaigns are up, there could really be some use of proofreading, because not all from the team are native english speakers (I'm german, Magic is from Croatia). Also, I could need someone with good fantasie that could help me develop the story for my own campaign after chapter 2

Let me know what you have in mind, and I can spin a tale for you, and you can let me know if you like it or not.
Everyman thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier. - Samuel Johnson

Yes, combat really is a hurtful, deadly thing. 

Blacksheep

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #72 on: 07 May 2011, 17:28:11 »
Watching with interest O0

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #73 on: 07 May 2011, 18:24:51 »
Let me know what you have in mind, and I can spin a tale for you, and you can let me know if you like it or not.

I will line up, what I created with the first 10 missions, and what I have in mind for chapter 3-5  and then send you a PM. I just need a small and simple story, based and built upon 4-6 missions for each chapter that doesn't conflict with the canon BT story. I don't want to detoure this thread here, but I also have some basic question, maybe someone can answer them to me ?  See here :

http://www.dropshipcommand.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=7802&mesg_id=7802&page=

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #74 on: 07 May 2011, 20:57:48 »
http://www.dropshipcommand.com/forum/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=18&topic_id=7802&mesg_id=7802&page=

This might be handy.

Clan Invasion was late 3049. They started in the Periphery, though, so in the IS, you probably won't 'run into' them until 3050, and Capellan/House Liao territory wasn't in any danger of being hit by them, anyway(if that matters).

Kali Liao is the sister of Sun Tzu. The Word of Blake is the offshoot of ComStar.

I don't know a lot about minor Merc groups of the universe, so I can't help there.

EDIT: Inserted quote for clarity.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 00:29:05 by Timerlane »

Karsus

• Private
« Reply #75 on: 07 May 2011, 23:00:08 »
So I decided to keep an eye out for anything that seemed out of place when I fired up MCO and found a couple things.

In the weapon inventory, the equipment has a bar graph with weapon damage, firing rate, heat, etc. Then the same thing in plain text on the bottom of the screen. I noticed that the numbers between the graph and plain text are wrong across all the weapons I checked.

Ex: LRM Rack GRAPH - Damage 1.6 Firing Rate 1.0 TEXT - Damage 3.0 Firing Rate 1.1

Which one of these values should I follow for the inventory?

Another very minor thing, while in a mission the razorback mech is called Werewolf on the info tab.

That's all I found for now, hope it helps.

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #76 on: 08 May 2011, 00:28:00 »
I'm almost certain the bar-stats you can view in the 'Mech Lab are the right ones, while the bottom of the screen text is out of date(and usually the old MC2 retail stats).

The Werewolf thing is almost certainly because the retail 'Mech model for the Razorback is/was originally named 'werewolf.csv'. Why that was, I have no idea.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #77 on: 08 May 2011, 05:51:11 »
Good possibe with the weapon stats. Maybe one part of the stats is from the file compbas.csv that also sets the ingame values, this is what we altered, the rest might be connected with the encyclopedia entries, that we haven't touched in ages (because that crap is all hardcoded). Honestly, it's quite a bit down on the to-do list at the moment. I insert the werewolve thing into our buglist. Should be an easy fix.

Karsus

• Private
« Reply #78 on: 08 May 2011, 12:17:47 »
Found another bug.

Sometimes an enemy unit will just stand still on the battlefield and won't move/animate/return fire.

This has happened on several missions, the worst of which so far was the 3rd carver 5 mission where you have to take out a convoy and move to the base to the north.

Specifically, while playing two fire ants were just above the turret control, they just stood still and died a pitiful death without so much as moving.

Later on in the mission when reinforcements come, I found a fire ant sitting near the edge of the western hill just standing still.. Waiting to die. How lonely.

This has happened in other missions but this was the worst case.

Edit: On some missions where this has happened the unit would "wake up" after being fired upon.
« Last Edit: 08 May 2011, 12:19:42 by Karsus »

Darthvegeta800

• Warrant Officer
  • "Loyalty is it's own reward!"
« Reply #79 on: 12 May 2011, 04:16:15 »
Small question for the experts out there. I gave this game a try and it looks quite fun.
During the tutorial though I'm asked to salvage a mech (urbanmech) i believe. Yet I do not have the funding to call in such a craft nor can I use the repair craft to salvage.
How do I do it?

Also are how does one:
1) Know what to salvage and what not.
2) Can one group mechs with quick keys?
3) Are there any 'must use' quick keys?
« Last Edit: 12 May 2011, 04:25:03 by Darthvegeta800 »

MY MAIN FACTIONS:
Draconis Combine: Fifth Sword of Light
Clan Jade Falcon: Gamma Galaxy
Clan Ice Hellion: Alpha Galaxy

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #80 on: 12 May 2011, 04:31:54 »
@Karsus : Could be related to how the retail game handeled mechs. Some of them had no "real" brain, and maybe due to some changes the wake up is now broken.

During the tutorial though I'm asked to salvage a mech (urbanmech) i believe. Yet I do not have the funding to call in such a craft nor can I use the repair craft to salvage.
How do I do it?

You can't. Due to the fact that Magic wanted to make the campaign harder, he stripped away the ressource points. But he didn't altered any mission scripts, that's why the soundfile to capture one is still played. You can continue without, it's not part in the "mission complete" script.

1) guard a fellow mech

Either hold "g" and click, or click on the shield (triangle) symbol in the gui and then click on the object you want to guard

2) Can one group mechs with quick keys?

Just like in any other RTS  . CTRL+ Number to create group, number to select group

3) Are there any 'must use' quick keys?

Not that much. Just the ones you see on the lower right in the gui.

(hold and click)

S = use short range fire
m = use medium range fire
l = use long range fire
a = only use "non-ammunition" weapons
Space = make them run
j = make them jump
g = guard
zirkumflex = hold position
and I think the number on the num pad to target enemy bodyparts

Darthvegeta800

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #81 on: 12 May 2011, 04:40:16 »
Is salvaging mechs scrapped entirely? I take it not?

MY MAIN FACTIONS:

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #82 on: 12 May 2011, 08:16:05 »
Is salvaging mechs scrapped entirely? I take it not?

Without Resource Points, you cannot do Artillery Strikes, Air Strikes, Salvage, or anumber of other things..
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Timerlane

• Private
« Reply #83 on: 12 May 2011, 09:26:58 »
The RP-spend in-mission option becomes available from the second mission, when you have the 10k RPs to use, though you are limited to the number of pilots currently active on your roster.

The option to pay money to salvage stuff after the mission, is gone, AFAIK.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #84 on: 12 May 2011, 11:46:08 »
Yes, but only in this campaign. It's still up to the mission/Campaign designer how he is balancing it. Honestly, I never liked the idea of simply putting a pilot into a mech that has been shot down. The escape pod will certainly either include the cockpit controls, or damage them upon launch. Also, we have plans for a different salvage version, but once again, this is bound to the new logistic, that will take a lot of time.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #85 on: 12 May 2011, 11:54:18 »
I agree with you on just throwing a new pilot into a downed mech. The problem is that even if you call in a repair truck its not real too. In game it takes 5 min. to repair one point of armor. In the video game it takes seconds so its hard to suspend belief on one thing and not the other.

Really like the game tho. I do think we should have the option to buy mechs after the mission with unused RP, not just c-bills. Just my 2 ore.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #86 on: 12 May 2011, 12:26:06 »
Salvaging will be a little different, and more "economic" (and more logic according to canon)  :) Also, you are right about the repairtruck, though that's a simple gameplay descision. Who would like to wait a few hours until they patched new armorplates on a damaged mechpart :)

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #87 on: 12 May 2011, 13:15:14 »
Personally, Not being able to salvage as many mech in mission doesn't bug me all that much since I try not to lose my initial force in the first place, so I don't really benefit too much from having 20 mechs running around.  Not having post misssion salvage irks me a whole bunch though.  I know there's something new coming, but I'd like to have something in the mean time.

I do want to know ssomething though.  WIth the change in RP, how does the mission where you have to salvage a bunch of Davion mechs in situ from their repair yard to send against one of their bases play out?

PS. I really need to say hi on HLP.  Been floating around several sections to the north the past few days.

Starman001

• Private
« Reply #88 on: 12 May 2011, 13:34:55 »
I do want to know ssomething though.  WIth the change in RP, how does the mission where you have to salvage a bunch of Davion mechs in situ from their repair yard to send against one of their bases play out?

AFAIK, last time I played I only could salvage 3 or 4 of the 5 mechs laying around (not sure if it was because lack of RP or Pilots), but you can complete the mission, that's what counts. :)

Darthvegeta800

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #89 on: 12 May 2011, 13:45:35 »
Personally, Not being able to salvage as many mech in mission doesn't bug me all that much since I try not to lose my initial force in the first place, so I don't really benefit too much from having 20 mechs running around.  Not having post misssion salvage irks me a whole bunch though.  I know there's something new coming, but I'd like to have something in the mean time.

PS. I really need to say hi on HLP.  Been floating around several sections to the north the past few days.

Seconded, reactivate it for now please.

Small question, I've been trying to buy new weapons to replace some things on my mech. But when i go to the place to buy weapons nothing is available.
Also during missions it says for instance i have captured a loadout of 'type x' weapons... nothing pops up in my inventory. Is this normal?

MY MAIN FACTIONS:

Register