Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think pre-paint on one-off hero mechs is fine but not so sure about a whole lance of pre-painted. So far, the lance packs always have me picking and choosing between them. e.g. my Dragoon's are a Firefly, Hoplite, Shogun, Archer, Annihilator, and Marauder II - only two of which came in the actual Dragoons pack. If the whole pack had been painted Dragoon's colours, that wouldn't work out. But a single Blue / Gold Archer would have been okay.
ilClan Rec Guide 24 says Fred, still answering to that name, swapped out his Zeus for an Atlas during his fateful mission on Dromini VI in 3029. So a bit of an Aidan Pryde situation: you drive one 'Mech your whole life, then get into trouble while driving a substitute, and you become known for that substitute.

Hmm, so if we ever find out who the new Duke of Duran is, they'd probably be driving a very famous Zeus. Interesting.
Ground Combat / Re: Adding in Arty
« Last post by OatsAndHall on Today at 14:41:57 »
Am I reading right.  You use the "Overwatch rules"  others want to use arty as a counter and you would prefer them not use those rules?

No, my post wasn't that cut and dry and neither is my intent. If I wanted to keep my "campers" safe, I wouldn't be asking for alternative methods for dealing with the tactic. As has been pointed out and discussed, arty is crunchy and adds time onto the game.  And... My gaming group will spam it (without necessarily understanding the rules), if allowed to, which makes things crunchier and more time consuming. I want other tactics, weapons, rules (etc) for dealing with campers that are more streamlined.
The Inner Sphere / Re: What tech actually becomes obselete
« Last post by O5P_Ghost on Today at 14:38:39 »
What if autocannons got improved to the HBS game specs damage? Would people still use them?

AC/2   5 dmg
AC/5   9 dmg
AC/10 12 dmg
AC/20 20 dmg

With those damage bands AND the ability to use specialty ammo, they'd still have a place. Well except the LB10X. That's superior to the AC/10 in everyway
General BattleTech Discussion / Re: Dropships statistics in the MUL?
« Last post by Weirdo on Today at 14:36:22 »
That is correct. The nature of the website means it cannot handle large craft. This is why all of the DropShip cards are available in a free document on the Catalyst store.

(There's a similar document for WarShips.)
The Bounty Hunter - kind of like the Beekeeper  :wink:
I'm trying to brainstorm a unit of Scorpion colonial garrison troops, for when they were expanding via colonization prior to the Crusade. (Is colonization still going on?) Thinking about the early days of a colony when it consists of little more than one or two settlements plus outlying farms, etc, I can't imagine them needing more than a Star of solahma troops.

I'm imagining this colonial militia Star as consisting of three Ad Hoc Infantry Points as the main fighting force(commandeering civilian vehicles when transport is needed, plus two Points of Trackbikes for recon and patrol duties. This formation would be backed up by a single Point of Defender Conventional Fighters.

Seem reasonable? My intent to is convey a token garrison for an area not really expected to see any combat, but Clan doctrine demands there be at least some military presence on planet.
Ground Combat / Re: Remote Sensor Dispenser
« Last post by Col Toda on Today at 14:08:32 »
Remote sensors are monitored by Communication Equipment , a C3 Master and or a Command Console cockpit.  I tend send out a VTOL from my Landing Zone about 2 KM out and drop a remote sensor at and between  the compass points my Naganata with a C3 Master and Command Console Cockpit  can monitor all eight  Sensors all by itself  . 

A city Command Bunker can have a whole city hardwired with romote sensors and enough Communication equipment to monitor it all . They use the information aquired by the sensors to direct forces to intercept and know which concealed recon cameras installed in bulidings to turn on to try to get a better spotting situation than the remote sensors provide .
Strategic Combat / Re: Battleforce Player Aid
« Last post by Zematus737 on Today at 14:03:53 »
For fires, I use the torch (tails) side of a dime.  TO:AR recommends the use of a penny, but the penny used for smoke (2 penny's for heavy smoke) and a dime for fire represents what is happening better because of their color and the fact that they can stack with the dime on top and still see if either penny is on its 2nd drift on tails (keep the older smoke on top).  For more details on fire, smoke and their spread take a look over the rules as they are found in TO:AR pg41-46 if the rules seem insufficient in IO:BF by themselves.  Smoke is not produced on the same fire hex that originates it, as stated in TO:AR, but smoke may spread into it from a fire in an adjacent hex.

A nice tip from Pokefan in the Aero Discord gave me the idea of using a tackle box filled with a pair of 12mm dice in 15 of the squares.  Each of these can quickly sort out if a hex rolls high enough for spread of either fire or smoke by using the same roll for each hex (for up to 15 hexes along 3 columns every shake), rather than using a roll for every chance of End Phase ignite or spread.  This saves time and makes the entire Condition more pleasurable an experience.  The rest of the pockets are used to store the pennies and other assortments.
Fan Designs and Rules / Re: No to-hit Rolls for missiles?
« Last post by Mostro Joe on Today at 14:02:48 »
I didn't like the idea where you could roll two sixes and needing only a 5, which I saw as a very solid lock (we got tone!) on LRM20 and then for the second roll, only 4 missiles hit.

I absolutely agree with you.

There must be a solution to balance the thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10