Author Topic: custom gear?  (Read 2134 times)

Shinoskay

• Recruit
custom gear?
« on: 28 November 2017, 18:40:38 »
so I saw in this (http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=35811.0) there is talk of editing BLK files with custom gear... I would like to do the same thing but I cant find an equipment blk file to use as a reference nor where I would even put something like a homebrew laser rifle blk into in order for it to be registered/read by megamek or its lab/hq tools.

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: custom gear?
« Reply #1 on: 28 November 2017, 18:44:15 »
Custom gear can only be done via changes to the source code. MegaMekLab can create BA with all the current equipment available (for the most part).

Shinoskay

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 02 December 2017, 21:00:15 »
but megameklab doesnt make new gear... like a laser shotgun microphone combination device... or a modified blazer pulse rifle... etc.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 02 December 2017, 21:10:15 »
but megameklab doesnt make new gear... like a laser shotgun microphone combination device... or a modified blazer pulse rifle... etc.

Custom weapons/equipment need to be add to the MegaMek code directly.  So to add a "Super-device X" you need to add it in the MM code. Potentially modify a handler in code for it (if it was special abilities).

Then that equipment will transfer into MML.

MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord