Author Topic: Steve's Dedicated Server Thread  (Read 152324 times)

Katana

• Recruit
Re: Steve's Dedicated Server Thread
« Reply #60 on: 06 January 2012, 18:53:11 »
As a general tech support rule, when you're reporting an error message, try to report what the error message was.  You didn't actually say what it was at any point.

On checking myself using 35.26 to connect to port 2346, I get this error: "Error: could not connect to server mechadynamics.net:2346."

yep that would be the error I was getting on both of them
Inspiration is merely the cessation of stupidity.

I am the wrathful Lord of War and God of Combat and I shall always lead from the front, never the rear.

-Dick Marcinko

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #61 on: 07 January 2012, 17:59:56 »
Couldn't find anything wrong on this end, but tests from outside were showing it as down, so I gave the machine a restart. Should be operational again.

Please note, the port list in the first post has changed slightly.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Katana

• Recruit
« Reply #62 on: 08 January 2012, 00:17:46 »
Couldn't find anything wrong on this end, but tests from outside were showing it as down, so I gave the machine a restart. Should be operational again.

Please note, the port list in the first post has changed slightly.

Cool!  Thanx Steve and can we get an updated port list then?
Inspiration is merely the cessation of stupidity.

I am the wrathful Lord of War and God of Combat and I shall always lead from the front, never the rear.

-Dick Marcinko

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 10 January 2012, 03:06:44 »
the first post of the thread was updated when I changed the lineup
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #64 on: 22 January 2012, 15:05:19 »
35.27 replacing 35.24 on port 2347

Caturix

• Sergeant
  • Ex Astris, Scientia.
« Reply #65 on: 08 February 2012, 16:25:59 »
Hi there, sorry to bother you with that, but the game is really lagging in 2347 for 35.27. It's the second time a friend and I are playing and twice it has been lagging like a dead donkey pulled by the tail by a five year old kid.

Are we doing something wrong ??

Thanks for your efforts, for setting up the servers, it's really appreciated :) !
"The Mechwarrior formerly known as Stenka"

Noshoba

• Lieutenant
  • Vulgar Gryphons Commander
« Reply #66 on: 10 February 2012, 19:23:31 »
I am curious . Is the  .25 version server locked up ?  Log in and just see two Atlases staring at eachother?
Hauptmann-Kommandant Rienhart von Kolnitz  senior commander of Erprobungskommando 19 "SturmWache"

Captain "Colonel" Chian Richatlan  commander of the mercenary  "Vulgar Gryphons " Special Opewrations Group

Noshoba

• Lieutenant
  • Vulgar Gryphons Commander
« Reply #67 on: 10 February 2012, 19:26:03 »
OK reset it since no one would answer any queries
Hauptmann-Kommandant Rienhart von Kolnitz  senior commander of Erprobungskommando 19 "SturmWache"

Captain "Colonel" Chian Richatlan  commander of the mercenary  "Vulgar Gryphons " Special Opewrations Group

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 14 February 2012, 14:19:42 »
Yeah. best thing to do, if you find an abandoned game is to save it something like Player1Player2_Date.sav and then reset it

That way, if need be, the saved game can be restored, and you can reset the server

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #69 on: 17 February 2012, 22:15:49 »
As I've noted in the initial post as well, if you need to get ahold of me for server issues or just wanna talk BT Stuff, I've registered #battletech on the espernet IRC network.

you can get there in a browser through http://webchat.esper.net/ and once connected, /join #Battletech

or, if you have an IRC client, the server is irc.esper.net, the port is 5555, 6667, or 7000, or 6697 for SSL

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #70 on: 27 February 2012, 20:58:32 »
Will be shutting down a couple of the server instances in the near future, in anticipation of shifting the servers to a different machine while I do some maintenance and possibly upgrades.  I've marked the ones slated for shutdown in the first post.  There may be some total downtime involved as well, I'll try to minimize that.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #71 on: 28 February 2012, 14:49:11 »
Switched to the Backup Server. Cthulhu going down for maintenance.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #72 on: 28 February 2012, 23:43:20 »
35.28 out are you going to change the port for that?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #73 on: 05 March 2012, 03:06:12 »
35.28 will probably be added when the main server comes back up. The ports will likely be different at that time, check back here.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #74 on: 07 March 2012, 19:39:55 »
thanks steve

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #75 on: 09 March 2012, 18:08:22 »
Normal operation restored.  New Port List in the first post

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #76 on: 31 March 2012, 14:09:22 »
Server restored from unexpected outage.

RogueK

• Sergeant
« Reply #77 on: 28 May 2012, 18:41:41 »
I'm getting a bit miffed about not being able to preview maps outside of a tiny minority. Could anyone tell me where I can find all the maps on the server for download?

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #78 on: 01 June 2012, 14:53:42 »
http://restless.mechadynamics.net/megamek/ is where I put archives of megamek with all the stuff I add to it. You COULD download it and just extract the maps.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 10 June 2012, 18:30:21 »
35.30 added! Hooray for Manual Shutdown! Hooray for UAC Unjamming options!

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #80 on: 19 June 2012, 18:05:36 »
35.30 added! Hooray for Manual Shutdown! Hooray for UAC Unjamming options!

Steve, once 0.35.31 comes out upgrade the .30 server quickly. It has several critical bugs in it... especially relating to AeroSpace Fighters and Dropships.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 21 June 2012, 13:33:33 »
Planning on it! Do we have a rough estimate of when .31 will be out so I can plan on doing the update?

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #82 on: 23 June 2012, 11:11:52 »
Planning on it! Do we have a rough estimate of when .31 will be out so I can plan on doing the update?

Not really. Basically for the past 2 releases Bee has done them once we get a huge changelog. This has made them a lot closer together than other releases in recent time due to how I've been slamming out code... which I've slowed down some recently because life has been interfering ;)

So we'll see. :)

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #83 on: 23 June 2012, 18:52:34 »
Alright, well, I'll be keeping a weather eye.  I know bugfixes are important too, but I'm always far more excited about a new upgrade, and more likely to jump on it when it adds features :D Especially ones I've desired for some time. Should have seen my glee when it finally added Hardened Armor.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #84 on: 07 July 2012, 22:05:51 »
SVN Instance added.

35.30 being shut down soon.

Does anyone use the 34.9 Stable?

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 08 July 2012, 00:45:05 »
Does anyone use the 34.9 Stable?

It isn't really advised at this point.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #86 on: 08 July 2012, 00:54:43 »
Well, I know at one point we had people who preferred the stable for one reason or another. But it is pretty far out of date, isn't it?

BeeRockxs

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #87 on: 11 July 2012, 10:58:37 »
Well, I know at one point we had people who preferred the stable for one reason or another. But it is pretty far out of date, isn't it?
If by "pretty far" you mean "horrifically", then yes, it's pretty far out of date.

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #88 on: 11 July 2012, 14:13:24 »
alright, well, 35.31 going up soon. Old versions going down soon.

Two 35.31 servers active!
« Last Edit: 11 July 2012, 14:49:31 by SteveRestless »

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #89 on: 14 July 2012, 16:19:44 »
I salvaged some RAM that I'd like to put into the server, so I'd expect some server downtime in the near future. Just trying to decide when I should do it.