Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases II  (Read 171417 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: New and Upcoming Releases II
« Reply #570 on: 15 March 2015, 14:52:32 »
I could've sworn there are post-3145 mentions of Nova Cat holdouts.

The Spirit Cats i believe what you maybe thinking about.  Some survivors managed to get to Marik and joined up with them.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #571 on: 15 March 2015, 14:54:40 »
The Spirit Cats i believe what you maybe thinking about.  Some survivors managed to get to Marik and joined up with them.

Yeah, those posers. My bad.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #572 on: 15 March 2015, 14:58:07 »

The Clan protectorate in New-FWL space is a mix of Sea Fox and Nova Cat refugees, plus Spirit Cats survivors. But with the CNC military essentially wiped out and the bulk of their infrastructure (including eugenics support) also gone, what remains of the Clan is set to fade out. What survives would be as "Clan Nova Cat" as any present-day survivors of Clan Wolverweenie; increasingly unmoored for all things that make a Clan, breeding naturally, possessing no real military strength, and gradually drifting away from any Clan concepts as they fade into piracy/Inner Sphere normalcy.

-

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #573 on: 15 March 2015, 15:08:06 »
The Clan protectorate in New-FWL space is a mix of Sea Fox and Nova Cat refugees, plus Spirit Cats survivors. But with the CNC military essentially wiped out and the bulk of their infrastructure (including eugenics support) also gone, what remains of the Clan is set to fade out. What survives would be as "Clan Nova Cat" as any present-day survivors of Clan Wolverweenie; increasingly unmoored for all things that make a Clan, breeding naturally, possessing no real military strength, and gradually drifting away from any Clan concepts as they fade into piracy/Inner Sphere normalcy.

Good on them. The Clans are just awful.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #574 on: 15 March 2015, 15:34:27 »

-
So there are Wolverine survivors

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #575 on: 15 March 2015, 15:37:44 »

"Would be;" he's stating a hypothetical scenario.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #576 on: 15 March 2015, 15:59:38 »
The Minnesota Tribe more or less indicated that but it also indicated that they abandon any of their Clan trapping for practicality (if not from disgust from what the Clan did them) If we are also to believe Bloodright scenario pack, they eventually integrated into the Inner sphere with their descendants having little to no knowledge of their past.

While Uncle Chandy provided evidence to the Ghost Bear that there was a Unnamed Clan concave within the WoB, their was no evidence in the books stating it was true.

The WiE, Ghost Bear, Foxs and Ravens have already begun becoming more integrated into the IS, I doubt the Jade Falcon will wholed out much longer with half the clan rejecting Zell for Shock and Awe. If it wasn't for the Combine returning to their fringe Xenophobic roots and segregating claners prior to their annihilation, Clan Nova Cat would probably become more Draconis as well.

Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #577 on: 15 March 2015, 16:03:36 »
Good on them. The Clans are just awful.

Now Bosch...

They've come a long way since CGL took over.  I've been a clan fan all along but FASA really cheesed up the clans, even from the normal FASA perspective.  CGL is doing much better.  The handling of the transition of stalled invader clans to IS states (of sorts) is pretty good.  The rift through the foundation of the clans this caused was handled exceptionally well. 

There is still the interesting possibility of a war between the two sides of the clan divide, which would be cool.  The clans have been well intertwined into the story now, far better than before.

To the patient go the spoils

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #578 on: 15 March 2015, 16:20:27 »
If that's all that is what is left of Clan Nova Cat, then that is Clan Nova Cat. 
Just because I don't wear a top hat, wig or buckled shoes doesn't mean Im not American (or whatever passed for American). 
You don't have to ride a horse to be Mongolian (or Hungarian, etc). 
Things change, they merge, some ideas are discarded and some new ones are found/integrated. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #579 on: 15 March 2015, 16:26:07 »
If that's all that is what is left of Clan Nova Cat, then that is Clan Nova Cat. 
Just because I don't wear a top hat, wig or buckled shoes doesn't mean Im not American (or whatever passed for American). 
Things change, they merge, some ideas are discarded and some new ones are found/integrated.

Just because Herb has nuked doesn't mean we can be Wolverines :D

And on topic: tax refund = more BT books to order :D

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #580 on: 15 March 2015, 16:29:19 »
If we are also to believe Bloodright scenario pack, they eventually integrated into the Inner sphere with their descendants having little to no knowledge of their past.

Bloodright was about descendants of relatives of SLDFers who became Wolverines, not descendants of Wolverines. The Hallises from the scenario pack aren't descended from any Wolverine survivors at all, but from a member of the same family who stayed behind when the Exodus left the Inner Sphere.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #581 on: 15 March 2015, 16:35:30 »
Now Bosch...

They've come a long way since CGL took over.  I've been a clan fan all along but FASA really cheesed up the clans, even from the normal FASA perspective.  CGL is doing much better.  The handling of the transition of stalled invader clans to IS states (of sorts) is pretty good.  The rift through the foundation of the clans this caused was handled exceptionally well. 

There is still the interesting possibility of a war between the two sides of the clan divide, which would be cool.  The clans have been well intertwined into the story now, far better than before.

Aw, don't take me seriously.

But yes, CGL has really made the Clans more believable. FASA was fine with them quickly devolving into PROUD WARRIOR RACE GUYS, but Randall, Herb, and Ben have insisted that they be written as human beings, which immediately improved my opinion of them.

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #582 on: 15 March 2015, 16:58:43 »

Really, as long as there is an unbroken line of people calling themselves "Clan Nova Cat," it doesn't really matter to me if they're still using Iron Wombs or not. They may be dead as a faction, but as a people they still exist. It's not uncommon in the real world, after all.

Here, Here  O0
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #583 on: 15 March 2015, 17:30:25 »
Bloodright was about descendants of relatives of SLDFers who became Wolverines, not descendants of Wolverines. The Hallises from the scenario pack aren't descended from any Wolverine survivors at all, but from a member of the same family who stayed behind when the Exodus left the Inner Sphere.
My mistake, the description and summery left me to believe it was a knee jerk reaction to surviving Wolverines. (now the scenario makes even less sense) Thanks for the correction.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #584 on: 15 March 2015, 17:34:26 »

Why do I get the feeling that Herb is going to pull a Brian Clevinger, and write a Sourcebook called "Now Shut Up", in which a WoB remnant comes out of nowhere, and in a fit of blind rage, nukes the remaining Spirit Cat/Nova Cat enclaves until they glow, and then use a mass driver to somehow shatter the planets, and then burn the debris so that not a trace of Cat DNA remains?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #585 on: 15 March 2015, 17:52:04 »
Aren't the Spirit Cats about as Nova Cats as the CWX are wolves (which is to say a lot?).

And really, as long as they continue smoking space-weed and making bad decisions while intoxicated, whose to say one isn't a Nova Cat, in spirit if not in form?
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #586 on: 15 March 2015, 17:52:17 »
Why do I get the feeling that Herb is going to pull a Brian Clevinger, and write a Sourcebook called "Now Shut Up", in which a WoB remnant comes out of nowhere, and in a fit of blind rage, nukes the remaining Spirit Cat/Nova Cat enclaves until they glow, and then use a mass driver to somehow shatter the planets, and then burn the debris so that not a trace of Cat DNA remains?

I would buy a sourcebook called Now Shut Up. In hardcopy. Can we make it a series?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #587 on: 15 March 2015, 17:59:08 »
I would buy a sourcebook called Now Shut Up. In hardcopy. Can we make it a series?

Sure, I'll take a Dozen.
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #588 on: 15 March 2015, 18:17:13 »

I think, "I am WoB,So can you!" is a better title
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
« Reply #589 on: 15 March 2015, 18:21:15 »
I think, "I am WoB,So can you!" is a better title

Annnd this is what happens when I reference webcomics in my posts.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #590 on: 15 March 2015, 18:41:47 »
Aren't the Spirit Cats about as Nova Cats as the CWX are wolves (which is to say a lot?).

And really, as long as they continue smoking space-weed and making bad decisions while intoxicated, whose to say one isn't a Nova Cat, in spirit if not in form?
Some members of the Spirit Cats were Nova Cats but there were a lot of freeborn warriors that are not of clan blood.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #591 on: 15 March 2015, 18:44:47 »

If BattleTech didn't have people clamoring for the good old days, it would be boring.  No Rasalhague, Chesterton, Skye, Regulan, etc?  Some will get their wish, some will just become "local flavor", some with bring yet another interstellar war to the Inner Sphere.  Some will just make their own lives miserable refusing to concede defeat.  But all of them make BattleTech a more interesting place.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #592 on: 15 March 2015, 18:57:06 »

Exterminatus in my BattleTech? I would pay to read that sourcebook.

Also, if R Talosian Games could get away with a sourcebook named "Listen Up, You Primitive Screwheads!", I suspect that CGL could do one called "Now Shut Up" justice.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #593 on: 15 March 2015, 20:15:47 »
Must the thousand page addition for when rules need to be reinforced with bulleye on the back cover.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #594 on: 15 March 2015, 20:48:37 »

At some point can one of the real clans take a look at these former/pseudo/has-been clan wannabe's and just smack them flat?

Like could the Wolves just go WixE, not clan, boom?

I'll even accept one of the abjured clans in the roll.  It seems like something Malvina would be good for before she gets off'd in the next source book.  With exception to the Bears, can we just get a clan to get all clanny Bout people claiming to be clan?  Then proceed to hulk smash them to bits?

I'm not saying have my clans do it.  Nah, save the homeworlders for when Alaric declares the Wolves Ilclan on Terra.  Then you can have the Adders get all "point of parliamentary procedure there old boy" your abjured and not clan, WAAAAAARRRRR!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #595 on: 15 March 2015, 20:50:16 »
Must the thousand page addition for when rules need to be reinforced with bulleye on the back cover.

There would be a thousand revisions to that book.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #596 on: 15 March 2015, 21:04:01 »
Cheech and Chong are the best Nova Cats ever!

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #597 on: 15 March 2015, 21:42:18 »
At some point can one of the real clans take a look at these former/pseudo/has-been clan wannabe's and just smack them flat?

Like could the Wolves just go WixE, not clan, boom?

I'll even accept one of the abjured clans in the roll.  It seems like something Malvina would be good for before she gets off'd in the next source book.  With exception to the Bears, can we just get a clan to get all clanny Bout people claiming to be clan?  Then proceed to hulk smash them to bits?

I'm not saying have my clans do it.  Nah, save the homeworlders for when Alaric declares the Wolves Ilclan on Terra.  Then you can have the Adders get all "point of parliamentary procedure there old boy" your abjured and not clan, WAAAAAARRRRR!

Says the Star Adder ;)

Even not having the homeworld clans do it, it's such a homeworlds clan thing to say. XD

I don't think any of the inner sphere clans are eager to open a debate on where the abjuration line really stands. The last time that sort of worm-vessel was opened, we got the Wars of Reaving.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Prydefalcn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #598 on: 16 March 2015, 11:55:51 »
Guys, guys.

Herb was talking about Clan Wolverweenie, not Clan Wolverine.  I'm sure we'll learn all about the Wolverweenies in the next Historical.
Saunders Von Jankmon/Jeremy Orloff

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #599 on: 16 March 2015, 12:09:06 »
Says the Star Adder ;)

Even not having the homeworld clans do it, it's such a homeworlds clan thing to say. XD

I don't think any of the inner sphere clans are eager to open a debate on where the abjuration line really stands. The last time that sort of worm-vessel was opened, we got the Wars of Reaving.

Yeah you know the clans ideals have changed by 3100 cuz they are not chomping at the bit fight each other all the time.  The 3050 clans are gone.