Author Topic: Co-Op confirmed for MechWarrior 5  (Read 4301 times)

Bren

• Warrant Officer
Co-Op confirmed for MechWarrior 5
« on: 10 December 2017, 08:15:56 »
"MechWarrior 5 will feature full 4-player co-op support, allowing players to drop a full lance of friends into their campaign missions."

**EDIT: "... full mod support through Steam Workshop."

Well aaaallllright.

https://www.destructoid.com/4-player-co-op-and-a-december-2018-release-date-confirmed-for-mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-477182.phtml
« Last Edit: 10 December 2017, 08:18:23 by Bren »

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
Re: Co-Op confirmed for MechWarrior 5
« Reply #1 on: 10 December 2017, 09:53:34 »
This is sounding like the game I wish I'd spent my MWO prerelease dollars on.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #2 on: 10 December 2017, 11:15:55 »
An announcement SO GOOD last night, Russ did it twice!
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2017, 20:21:00 »
PGI gets it.

Looking foward to it.
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2017, 21:28:48 »
Yesssss...
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: 10 December 2017, 22:23:57 »
Looks like I'll have to start thinking about a new gaming rig pretty soon!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #6 on: 11 December 2017, 00:16:22 »
Still looking forward to it

With the Co-op and modding support for the Steam Workshop

PS I couldn't resist of posting an image of Beast Wars Megatron going Yeeesss

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #7 on: 11 December 2017, 03:42:14 »
Still looking forward to it

With the Co-op and modding support for the Steam Workshop

PS I couldn't resist of posting an image of Beast Wars Megatron going Yeeesss

There is never a bad time for Beast Wars Megatron
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #8 on: 11 December 2017, 10:46:05 »
Looks like I'll have to start thinking about a new gaming rig pretty soon!

Don't know, was talking with some of the programmers/etc and if you can run MWO should have no issues with MW5...that said, I'm still planning an upgrade :D

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 11 December 2017, 17:09:39 »
Great news! Love playing TitanFall 2 co-op PvE w/friends. FINALLY MechWarrior too!!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #10 on: 11 December 2017, 17:21:22 »
So, here's my MW5 Story from Mech-Con.

Got to play a demo mission, there was 5 (I think) Planets in the system to assault (same mission type for each planet). Chose the Vegetation Planet (had a mars like/desert world, a moon, a terrain, etc).

Then you chose one of 3 mechs to do the assault with, (Shadow-Hawk, Jagermech, Atlas), yes, I chose the Atlas, because...ATLAS. All mechs for the demo have programmed near infinite ammo, so if you saw the Alpha Video from the YEAR OF BATTLETECH article a few weeks back, that's why. To give people toys to play with.

Now the drop is randomly generated terrain. Think TILES the game engine meshes together, so CORNER PIECE 5 meshes with SIDE PIECES 1A and 5C but none of the 2's etc. I was (near as I could tell) on top of a large ridge overlooking my main objective the Complex with the Assassination Target below. Slide down the hill, advances on the target blowing stuff away as I went. Hit the building (and here is where my hats go to the programmers), didn't kill my target and he 'runs' to another floor and the far side of the building.

I'm getting pummeled now and taking huge hits as lots of enemy tanks turrets etc are blasting me. Finally accomplish my objectives and head back to leave. NOPE dead end valley, need to fight my way back the other way, and with only my head and left arm with armor (right arm and torso gone, legs no armor, etc), I was limping and no match for the enemies, and my mission ended with my Atlas falling on it's back (get to look at the sky from the cockpit) for a partial success.

So, I had a blast. And the person who tested immediately after me chose same planet and an atlas, for a nice relatively flat terrain to traverse to the objective, to which I quipped...I had Crappy Intel!

So, i cannot wait for December 2018 (the slated release frame for MW5)!

Iron Wolf

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 11 December 2017, 20:52:57 »
Interesting. I have not been paying close attention to MW5, how "open world" is it?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #12 on: 11 December 2017, 23:57:37 »
I see commenters on Rockpapershotgun complaining that the graphical quality is pretty low (suggesting they might as well be playing a mid 2000s game like MW4). Can anyone comment whether that's accurate or not?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #13 on: 12 December 2017, 01:37:42 »
Question is are the commentors commenting seeing a video or having played the game?

Quality looked good to me while playing.

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2017, 05:26:39 »
"MechWarrior 5 will feature full 4-player co-op support, allowing players to drop a full lance of friends into their campaign missions."

**EDIT: "... full mod support through Steam Workshop."

Well aaaallllright.

https://www.destructoid.com/4-player-co-op-and-a-december-2018-release-date-confirmed-for-mechwarrior-5-mercenaries-477182.phtml

So does this mean modders will add Clan tech and such? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #15 on: 12 December 2017, 11:48:26 »
I see commenters on Rockpapershotgun complaining that the graphical quality is pretty low (suggesting they might as well be playing a mid 2000s game like MW4). Can anyone comment whether that's accurate or not?

The posted in game footage looks to be on par with MWO and while that may not be the latest bleeding edge graphics quality it is fine in my book.

So I suspect that it is just people being graphics snobs.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #16 on: 12 December 2017, 13:35:09 »
The posted in game footage looks to be on par with MWO and while that may not be the latest bleeding edge graphics quality it is fine in my book.

So I suspect that it is just people being graphics snobs.

Possibly. I was just surprised at the common response of that hot take and the fact that someone suggested Living Legends as a nicer alternative. FYI I’m not an MWO player. I would only really be interested in single player campaigns, hence my ignorance about the current game.

@NeonKnight, The comments were mostly directed at the gameplay video criticizing environment quality (empty spaces and flat building structures with limited mapping and filtering techniques) combined with what they saw as physics that didn’t feel very weighty.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #17 on: 12 December 2017, 13:46:39 »
Possibly. I was just surprised at the common response of that hot take and the fact that someone suggested Living Legends as a nicer alternative. FYI I’m not an MWO player. I would only really be interested in single player campaigns, hence my ignorance about the current game.

@NeonKnight, The comments were mostly directed at the gameplay video criticizing environment quality (empty spaces and flat building structures with limited mapping and filtering techniques) combined with what they saw as physics that didn’t feel very weighty.

Ahhh. Yes, the programmers are very aware of the physics of 'Tanks taking headers of Cliffs', flipping and tumbling of Helo's etc. This is simply are very, very, very early alpha build they were showing off to the fans.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #18 on: 12 December 2017, 19:30:19 »
yeah, those kinds of early Demo's aren't meant to look awesome, they are meant to test concepts of gameplay and engine.. visual aesthetics come later.