Author Topic: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza  (Read 154296 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Clan Nova Cat - Zombie Catgirl Extravaganza
« Reply #390 on: 05 October 2015, 08:09:15 »
Also, on Shitara the local Nova Cat militia clusters actually rebelled against the Nova Cat galaxies there as they did not want to be dragged into the Civil War.  When the Combine forces arrive, they regard the Cluster with suspicion while murdering the civilian populations.  The Militia Cluster then tries to defend the civvies, and gets whacked. :(

I was really hoping Shitara's Cats had gotten away - sucks (when I read in the XTRO where they were I feared for them to be honest just hopes and dreams)
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #391 on: 13 October 2015, 17:05:20 »
SO I hope this isn't opening old wounds, but I decided to write the sarna wiki page on the Nova Cat Rebellion.  I got the basics down, but I was wondering if anyone wanted to add in more details from some of the TROs I might have missed.  I still need to add in citations, and some pics.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Draconis_Combine_Civil_War

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #392 on: 13 October 2015, 21:27:56 »
I'm not saddened. But my hatred for Kuritans has been magnified tenfold.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #393 on: 14 October 2015, 13:22:23 »
My sadness has been replaced with simmering rage, honestly. :P
Going to be sitting on the sidelines, hoping the GBs and DC get nuked.

Captain of C-21

• Warrant Officer

Proud Warrior of the Clan Protectorate.

Looking to play clix Mechwarrior in the Northeast Ohio area?  Come join our playing group!

Quote from: Worktroll
Face it - MW:DA had, for its run, massively greater commercial success than BattleTech's ever had. Over two million click-base minis - want to guess where the number of BT minis comes in? I'd guess on the order of a few percent of that. While BT has survived for 30 years, we've never had the same number of players at any point. The pity was that unlike BT, MW:DA ended up being run by businessmen, not game fanatics.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #395 on: 17 October 2015, 23:03:15 »
If there were a like button on the forums, I'd smack it.

Does anyone know of any Nova Cat-themed groups in Mechwarrior Online? On another topic?

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #396 on: 18 October 2015, 04:46:02 »
I haven't checked on them lately, but I remember there was a pretty decent sized CNC affiliated group on the MWO forums. Don't know if they're still around, though.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #397 on: 18 October 2015, 14:11:03 »
I've done some digging and the last I heard of it was that they shut down or underwent a massive enough restructuring that it fell apart. The website's still up, but the group is dead (And nobody's on the site anymore).

Which is unfortunate. I would consider attempting to make a new CNC Group, but I lack the skill to do so. On the bright side, apparently, it is possible to paint everything in what is pretty close to Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy colors. Attached link shows what it's supposed to look like.

http://i.imgur.com/9kie7fu.png

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #398 on: 18 October 2015, 16:09:25 »
I'm still hoping they eventually just make an official CNC affiliation, honestly.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #399 on: 18 October 2015, 21:16:29 »
I am too, but this *is* PGI. They drag their feet on everything that doesn't directly give them money.

jh316

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #400 on: 22 October 2015, 21:21:06 »
So, working on a 3145 megamek server.

What does the Clan Protectorate touman look like? Namely, did those new Nova Cat designs like the Wendigo and Avalanche end up in the Protectorate?

Edit: Didn't notice there was a dedicated Protectorate thread.

winters_night

• Corporal
« Reply #401 on: 03 November 2015, 23:13:19 »
If there were a like button on the forums, I'd smack it.

Does anyone know of any Nova Cat-themed groups in Mechwarrior Online? On another topic?

CNCI - Clan Nova Cat International (They wouldn't let me use Clan Nova Cat Alpha Galaxy when we founded the unit) IS still around.. it's just massively informal now and mostly houses only a few active players.

There was some schisms and sadly clashes at the top which broke the unit in two. Some of us left to a new unit which  floundered while CNCI remained but went mostly inactive as well.

Tough to run, maintain a lore-ish feel to a clan unit when the company doesn't acknowledge you exist.. But it is sad.. we had a good run for about three years.

--Lucian Nostra

Goldschakal

• Recruit
  • "AUT RATIONEM AUT AMENTIA"
« Reply #402 on: 11 November 2015, 17:30:02 »
I really like the Wendigo in Alt. Config. B.  Any thoughts on switching out the ER Small Lasers in the Head for a Laser Anti-Missile system? Or just leave it as is?
啊! 莊嚴是清寺,虔敬和協調的傑出助手。
尊嚴,尊嚴是許多軍官,
緊緊抓住溫文的美德。
回應稱讚天上的人,他們迅速在寺廟內急忙。
非常榮耀,可能[溫文]從來不厭倦[我們]人。

- “周清清寺”

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #403 on: 12 November 2015, 20:55:52 »
Perfectly viable change up, but it  takes away from the jumpy laser spammy goodness that is the Wendigo B.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #404 on: 13 November 2015, 00:19:28 »
I once had the silliest one-sided duel ever. Wendigo B versus Some Wolf Scrub in a Black Hawk H. The few times he actually hit he did bog-all damage as I slowly dismantled him in return. Good times
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Goldschakal

• Recruit
« Reply #405 on: 13 November 2015, 17:19:22 »
Perfectly viable change up, but it  takes away from the jumpy laser spammy goodness that is the Wendigo B.

I do see that.  I just remember the Spatha Gladiator 'Mech and how the TRO said that with the LAMS the only really thing it had to fear was Autocannon and Gauss fire.  I thought it would be fun to use a "war of attrition" strategy against ammunition-dependent 'Mechs:  stay at extreme range, ward off the missiles, dodge the other projectiles, then close in for the kill once they run out of slugs.  Considering what a Wendigo is in mythology, I think it would fill the role perfectly.
啊! 莊嚴是清寺,虔敬和協調的傑出助手。
尊嚴,尊嚴是許多軍官,
緊緊抓住溫文的美德。
回應稱讚天上的人,他們迅速在寺廟內急忙。
非常榮耀,可能[溫文]從來不厭倦[我們]人。

- “周清清寺”

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #406 on: 13 November 2015, 19:59:44 »
Considering the mythical Wendigo, I think I'd want to try fitting in a Chameleon system, personally. :P

Goldschakal

• Recruit
« Reply #407 on: 14 November 2015, 14:53:51 »
Considering the mythical Wendigo, I think I'd want to try fitting in a Chameleon system, personally. :P

Is that even possible?  According to Sarna, it takes up 6 criticals and cannot be pod-mounted.  While it does say that it can be integrated into the chassis of an OmniMech, it seems like a very big work-around. While I definitely like having as many stealth options as possible, I'd have to see how that affects the pod space, armor, and MP first...I might try building a custom "Wendigo II" and increase the tonnage a bit and see what that does.
啊! 莊嚴是清寺,虔敬和協調的傑出助手。
尊嚴,尊嚴是許多軍官,
緊緊抓住溫文的美德。
回應稱讚天上的人,他們迅速在寺廟內急忙。
非常榮耀,可能[溫文]從來不厭倦[我們]人。

- “周清清寺”

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #408 on: 18 November 2015, 19:04:30 »
You can fit a Chameleon system into a Omni. It just eats into precious critical slots, so you need to watch the heat. Considering that special version of the Wight we were toting around at one point, we'd have more of an excuse to use it then some.

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #409 on: 19 November 2015, 08:05:56 »
Tiniest of quibbles - you can make an Omni with a Chameleon system as fixed equipment but it can't be pod mounted. If you wanted to make, say, a Shadow Cat III (This Time it Really is a Shadow CatTM) have at it.

*Edit* For reference, it's actually really easily done.  >:D
« Last Edit: 19 November 2015, 08:16:56 by Pa Weasley »

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #410 on: 19 November 2015, 14:20:19 »
Chameleon AND Null sig! ^^

We can haz dezgra mech plz?

At some point, I want to see just how many M-Pods I can fit on a Nova Cat mech, to more suitably emulate the Clan's namesake. :D "Oh hai!" *boomboomboom*
« Last Edit: 19 November 2015, 14:22:19 by Istal_Devalis »

Goldschakal

• Recruit
« Reply #411 on: 19 November 2015, 16:23:28 »
Good to know. Then a Chameleon-Wendigo-Cat is in the works.  I like how on one hand it can be Distracting because of the Laser Reflective Armor (and the Xi Galaxy paint scheme it will have) and on the the other hand it can just vanish at will.
啊! 莊嚴是清寺,虔敬和協調的傑出助手。
尊嚴,尊嚴是許多軍官,
緊緊抓住溫文的美德。
回應稱讚天上的人,他們迅速在寺廟內急忙。
非常榮耀,可能[溫文]從來不厭倦[我們]人。

- “周清清寺”

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #412 on: 30 September 2016, 21:46:56 »
Hate to drag this out of the graveyard, but I wanted to ask; Does anyone know what the Clan Nova Cat Delta Galaxy paint scheme is?

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #413 on: 02 October 2016, 13:19:32 »
Pre MWDA figures all Nova Cat galaxies with the exception of Alpha and Xi basically stuck to a "camo as appropriate". Alpha usually had black with a blue star field across the center torso and Xi sported the tippy neon and glyphs/symbols scheme.

On the bright side, that does leave players with a lot of freedom to muck about with different themes. I've been using a siamese cat inspired tan and brown.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #414 on: 02 October 2016, 23:22:14 »
That's a shame. The only references I have are the Pakhet hero from MWO and Megamek's scheme, which looks like Black with orange/red paint splattered all over.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #415 on: 03 October 2016, 07:04:41 »
Hate to drag this out of the graveyard, but I wanted to ask; Does anyone know what the Clan Nova Cat Delta Galaxy paint scheme is?
Per Campspecs http://www.camospecs.com/Unit/Details/585/delta-galaxy there isn't one that's been canonized.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
« Reply #416 on: 10 October 2016, 12:43:56 »
Also not canon, but I rather liked the pattern they gave the Nova Cats in DA. White Armor, Black Other Bits, Gold cockpit, and the occasional red panel for color.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #417 on: 21 October 2016, 12:23:27 »
I do not know if this has been quoted here, but here is a special design by Matt Plog for the Novacats:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/comm-Nova-Cat-Protomech-637425902
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #418 on: 21 October 2016, 12:59:29 »
It appears to be re-imagined Fenrir to me. Looking better than the Quad BA it's loosely based on.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #419 on: 22 October 2016, 05:20:39 »
I do not know if this has been quoted here, but here is a special design by Matt Plog for the Novacats:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/comm-Nova-Cat-Protomech-637425902

I like it just missing some stats
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3