Author Topic: (Answered) Torso Cockpits and Passenger Space  (Read 1810 times)

FedComGirl

• Major
(Answered) Torso Cockpits and Passenger Space
« on: 03 March 2015, 21:26:59 »
Hi,

The Frankenmech Rules on page 189 and 190 say a mech can only have one cockpit and that the other must be discarded. Forum answer says the two cockpits cause some kind of conflict. (I don't know why but that's why I was told.)  My question is can one of the cockpits be kept as passenger space? Remove the controls and maybe add a rumble seat or two? Would that be legal? Or not?

If yes would passenger space increase with the size of the mech? The bigger the mech the more seats it can have. And would those seats be free like Rumble Seats or would I need to pay .75kg per passenger rounded up to the nearest .5 tons? And how many Critical Slots would they take? Tripod cockpits can get three people in them. Presuming they can use Rumble seats. And one of the Clan LAMs also had three seats. Take out the controls and there could be room for one or two more. Presuming this is legal.

If not legal, is it technologically possible? I'd just have to slap the Illegal Quirk on it to make it legal to use?

Edit:
I could just use the first printing rules for TechManual, remove one of the cockpits and put in an infantry compartment. But I'd like to know if passengers can be carried legally.

Thank you. :)

« Last Edit: 31 May 2015, 10:36:46 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Torso Cockpits and Passenger Space
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2015, 10:36:02 »
No, you can't keep one of the cockpits, though you can add whatever legal bay is possible with tonnage saved.

You can do pretty much anything you want with the Illegal quirk: that's why it's illegal.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

FedComGirl

• Major
Re: (Answered) Torso Cockpits and Passenger Space
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2015, 16:18:03 »
Cool Thanks :)

>:D