Author Topic: McGavin's Regiment  (Read 1119 times)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
McGavin's Regiment
« on: 06 August 2017, 20:16:47 »
Not sure how many of these I'll end up doing.  The coloration is based on the Marauder in Combat Manual: Kurita.  I normally play Amphigean LAG, but as they say "variety is the spice of battle" and I like the added build flexibility offered by the Night Stalkers.

This is another old Phoenix Hawk I acquired without the jump jet pylons. I replaced them with newer parts from the PHX-4L sculpt.  I've always had a special place in my heart for the Night Stalkers paint scheme, as depicted in the old Camospecs booklet and this seemed like a fun segue into other paint schemes.
Hayden

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: McGavin's Regiment
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2017, 07:28:42 »
 O0

Wotan

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2017, 07:41:26 »
That looks really good.
Just one hint from me - give the base some more love.
The edge could be flattened. Currently the mold line is an eye-catcher of the wrong type.
And take care of the gap between the base and the gras.
Lastly take a time and paint over the gras to give it more live. I usually do one or two drybrushes with earth tones or different greens.
All that are minor adjustments, but with a great effect. When i look at your skills in painting and terrain making, that shouldn't be any problem for you.  ;)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2017, 07:53:15 »
That looks really good.
Just one hint from me - give the base some more love.
The edge could be flattened. Currently the mold line is an eye-catcher of the wrong type.
And take care of the gap between the base and the gras.
Lastly take a time and paint over the gras to give it more live. I usually do one or two drybrushes with earth tones or different greens.
All that are minor adjustments, but with a great effect. When i look at your skills in painting and terrain making, that shouldn't be any problem for you.  ;)

Yeah, bases have always been a weak point for me, I thought the mold lines here (and on a few other projects I just posted up) would be lighter than they were.  I think at least part of it is light and proximity, but you're right, it's defiantly a place I need some improvement.  I don't think I'll revise the work that's already done, but I'll try to do a better job moving forward.
Hayden

Register