Author Topic: Martial Arts  (Read 2950 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Martial Arts
« on: 06 February 2011, 14:45:51 »
How do I fill in the Martial Arts block in the character sheet?  What's AP and BD values in this case?  The book isn't clear on this.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Winterborn

• Sergeant
Re: Martial Arts
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2011, 14:50:03 »
The AP would be one in the Melee column, as for the BD there is a formula in the book in the combat section for calculating the amount of BD dmg you do.  It is your Str attribute plus for every 4 margins of success over your opt you do 1 more point of damage.  I also guess AP would depend if you are using a gauntlet or not, but think that might fall under melee weapons.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2011, 15:08:35 »
So it's 1 and not 0 for un-gloved AP then?

What page is the BD reference on?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Winterborn

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2011, 15:28:10 »
Yeah it should be AP 0, and I don't have my book with me, but it is in the combat section under resolving melee combat.

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2011, 16:25:04 »
Code: [Select]
PG 182
Melee (Unarmed) (Winner’s STR ÷ 4)† + (Winner’s MoS x 0.25)†

†Round up; For net MoS, subtract loser’s MoS from winner’s if both succeeded (or add loser’s
MoF to winner’s MoS)

So BD for Martial Arts is character STR ÷ 4, rounded up.

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

Demonthunder

• Recruit
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2011, 21:55:59 »
Which weapons allow for martial arts to switch to standard damage, instead of just fatigue damage?  Would the cross over happen at regular-ol' brass knuckles, or would you have to have spike on them (drawing blood/puncturing, as opposed to just bruising) to get your melee attacks into that realm?

I've searched the AToW manual in vain for clarification, and have just relied on "GM discretion" and good sense to make the call. Is there anything official, though?

Register