Author Topic: Faction life modules for 3025?  (Read 10794 times)

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
  • Hollis Incorporated did things big.
    • Magistracy of Canopus
Faction life modules for 3025?
« on: 27 January 2011, 11:19:42 »
Has anyone worked out faction life modules for other eras of play? Some of the published ones in AtoW are very specific to current events.

In the 3025 era I'm planning on running either a Capellan vs Suns campaign thick on pulp cold war stereotypes, or a Rasalhague separatist game with guerilla fighting and sabotage. Whatever the players go for really, but I could have a lot of fun with those stories.

Of course both of my ideas for St. Ives or Rasalhague would probably have very different stats than the current timeline!

Does the Era Report: 3052 include updated faction life modules? I'd love to see era expansions, especially 4th succession war for old school goodness and 3039 for the reemergence of lostech. A new Star League book would be great too.
So you're saying it's Cold War era sci-fi war machines?

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
Re: Faction life modules for 3025?
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2011, 11:42:38 »
3052 focuses on the changes to the Affiliations more than the Life Modules. Pages 158-161 have the period-specific Affiliations, while the bottom part of 161 has the suggested changes to the Life Modules. Not that I see too much that is specific to any one specific era, the only one I could find is the Clan Watch, which is post-Invastion.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

CPLT-C1

• Corporal
  • Hollis Incorporated did things big.
    • Magistracy of Canopus
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2011, 12:16:50 »
Lets say I wanted to play a member of the Draconis Combine faction with Rasalhague as a Sub-Affiliation? For that matter if I was a pre-independence St. Ives/Capellan would I still get -100 XP reputation?

Also, the Ronin Wars have HUGE role-playing opportunities! Between the mixed loyalties of Kuritans and agitations by Steiner with a young nation in the middle.
The current Rasalhague Sub-Affiliations don't cover those sorts newly independent characters at all.
So you're saying it's Cold War era sci-fi war machines?

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2011, 12:37:28 »
Lets say I wanted to play a member of the Draconis Combine faction with Rasalhague as a Sub-Affiliation? For that matter if I was a pre-independence St. Ives/Capellan would I still get -100 XP reputation?

If you're running the game, you make that decision.

Also, the Ronin Wars have HUGE role-playing opportunities! Between the mixed loyalties of Kuritans and agitations by Steiner with a young nation in the middle.
The current Rasalhague Sub-Affiliations don't cover those sorts newly independent characters at all.

So make the changes you feel are appropriate and let your players know.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2011, 10:35:00 »
A lot of the affiliation data can be rolled back to 3025 in AToW and some of the alterations in Era Report 3052 allow for rolling back of that data to 3025.  Unfortunately none of it is Rassalhague Military District of the Draconis Combine or Saint Ives Commonality of the Capellan Confederation.