Author Topic: Monbvol's AToW sheet and other related projects  (Read 38381 times)

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Monbvol's AToW sheet and other related projects
« Reply #150 on: 25 March 2014, 13:31:39 »
Having purged my browsing history I can't say for sure where I tried dling it from.

If it is Libre Office not understanding the formulas then that is really bizarre.

matsci

• Recruit
« Reply #151 on: 25 March 2014, 13:42:19 »
Having purged my browsing history I can't say for sure where I tried dling it from.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

Big Fancy website

If it is Libre Office not understanding the formulas then that is really bizarre.

Yeah. It works OK in Excel, Perfect in Open Office, and weirdly in LibreOffice. What makes it even more  bizzare is that LibreOffice is a fork from OpenOffice.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #152 on: 25 March 2014, 15:23:30 »
Okay I checked it out with Libre Office and the sheet seems to be working as intended.  So I'm not sure what went wrong.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #153 on: 13 April 2014, 16:03:42 »
I was looking at the Aging charts again because I was curious if there was a point where the negative effects of aging out weight the extra XP you'd get from making a character that old and running the numbers even at 101 years old you would get 8000 extra XP but only take a grand total of 6100 XP of negative penalties(assuming that Glass Jaw and Slow Learner stacked at each appropriate age threshold for purposes of having to buy it off).  The scary part is there is an obvious loophole to that XP penalty total.  If you decide to just have Glass Jaw and Slow Learner dealing with the consequences 2100 XP of that penalty suddenly goes away as Glass Jaw and Slow Learner can't go below -300 XP total and as such it just essentially goes away.

Assuming the penalties accrue at the same rate for 111+ as they do for 101 then it actually takes until 131 years old to out pace the extra XP with Glass Jaw and Slow Learner stacking without it'd take until 301 years old.

Figured I should share this revelation and here seemed as good a place any.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #154 on: 22 April 2014, 13:15:29 »
Okay found an issue with the Target Number lookup not functioning correctly.  It only really effected tiered skills but I think it works a bit better the way I'm doing it now anyway.  Have fun all.