Author Topic: 2nd 'Mech Company, 3rd Periphery Guard (AFFS 3085)  (Read 4923 times)

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
2nd 'Mech Company, 3rd Periphery Guard (AFFS 3085)
« on: 15 January 2012, 07:40:01 »
2nd 'Mech Company, 3rd Periphery Guard: The Panpour Tigers

Currently en route to Armington, a world just outside the borders of the Federated Suns' new Periphery March, the Panpour Tigers have been ordered to help deal with the recent surge in piracy as the shattered Taurian Concordat has withdrawn back into its shell.  Named for the first two 'Mechs they were assigned, a pair of CN9-D Centurions built at the Jalastar facilities on Panpour and shipped through there, the Tigers have been working on closer integration with their attached battle armor units.  Well equipped enough that the 3rd Guard quartermaster refuses to play cards with company CO Scott Livingstone anymore and with two high mobility lances, the Panpour Tigers regard their current assignment with excitement, although the pair of veterans riding herd on the rookie MechWarriors are considerably more nervous about possibly finding themselves going toe-to-toe with Taurians holding a grudge.  The fact that some of their MechWarriors are poster children for the loss of experience the AFFS is undergoing doesn't make either Captain Livingstone or Sergeant-Major Tse any less worried but Leftenant Holmes is significantly more phlegmatic.  The veterans try to get their nerves out by drilling the unit relentlessly in simulators, something that's slowly having an impact on their efficiency ratings, but only combat will tell how a company full of FNGs reacts to coming under fire.

Organizationally, the mobility of the pursuit and battle lances lends them to working together, playing hammers against the fire lance's anvil in theory, while the fire lance has tried to focus on getting more accurate with their long range fire. The close cooperation of the first and second lances in many circumstances includes sharing the transport duties for mechanized battle armor, with a squad of Infiltrator IIs attached to the Battle Lance's Black Hawk while the magnetic clamp-equipped versions hitch rides on the Centurions, which can take the extra weight and still keep up with the rest of the force.

Table of Organization and Equipment
Pursuit Lance
Captain Scott Livingstone (3/4), FLC-8R Falconer
Sergeant Sindre Arrau (5/6), HCT-6D Hatchetman
Sergeant Martina Scacceri (4/5), CN9-D Centurion
Sergeant Tariq Haggart (5/5) CN9-D Centurion

Battle Lance
Sergeant-Major Cai-Yan Tse (3/3), MDG-1Ar Rakshasa
Cadet Ajyana Cottle (6/7), JM6-D4 JagerMech III
Sergeant Katelin Mortimer (4/7), BHKU-O Black Hawk-Ku Prime
Sergeant Gobnait McGurman (6/5), THS-4S Thanatos

Fire Lance
Leftenant Wynda Holmes (4/5), DVS-2 Devastator
Sergeant Maryam Venables (5/6), MTR-5K Maelstrom
Sergeant Martin Allian (5/5), BKX-8D BattleAxe
Cadet Brencis Egoshin (6/6), MAD-5D Marauder

Attached Battle Armor Assets: 2nd Company, 1st Battle Suit Battalion, 3rd Periphery Guard
The 2nd Company, currently understrength, was attached to assist the Tigers in their pirate hunting efforts.  Transported by an Aurora DropShip, the Anthony Stark, the 2nd has specialized in VTOL assault tactics and is somewhat more well-drilled than the Tigers are at the moment.

Organic Transportation
4xKarnov (BA), 4x Cavalry (BA)

E Platoon
4 x Cavalier

F Platoon
1 x Inner Sphere Standard
1 x Infiltrator Mk. II
2 x Infiltrator Mk. II (Magnetic)

G Platoon
4 x Grey Death Scout

Comments
The 'Mechs were, in fact, rolled on the RATs, although I hand chose the BA to match the 3rd Periphery Guard's description of only having light and medium suits.  Given the 2nd's specialization in VTOL tactics, something Infiltrator Mk. Is aren't capable of doing very well, they have a set of imported Grey Death Scout suits instead.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2012, 07:42:49 by Moonsword »

snakespinner

• Captain
Re: 2nd 'Mech Company, 3rd Periphery Guard (AFFS 3085)
« Reply #1 on: 15 January 2012, 18:52:26 »
Interesting unit.
That Devastator slows you down, but the firepower gives so much satisfaction. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

greatsarcasmo

• Fabricator General
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Ordo Scriptorum
« Reply #2 on: 15 January 2012, 20:08:32 »
Let us hope that Black Hawk-KU pilot never has to leave the dropship...
Maker of big things.

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2012, 03:15:13 »
I am just waiting for the first battle that the Jagermech pilot has to provide fire support.(6/7) >:D
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #4 on: 16 January 2012, 09:40:11 »
An interesting looking unit.

Snimm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2012, 12:41:49 »
Kinda reminds me of the First Strike - Dead Man's Hand scenario.  one side gets a 3/4 Enforcer along with a couple 4/5 40-tonners and like 5 Mechs with 5/6 rookie pilots in them, up against a lance of 4/4 Hunchback 4G, 2/5 Trebuchet, 3/5 Panther and 3/3 Awesome.
Need help getting started with Against the Bot in MekHQ?  Click here to get yourself up and running!

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=41494.msg957784#msg957784

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2012, 11:27:15 »
I am just waiting for the first battle that the Jagermech pilot has to provide fire support.(6/7) >:D
I actually like the fact that there's only one veteran pilot among the bunch.  It's, frankly, unusual among fan units as usually you see waves of veterans with a few regulars and elites with not a green pilot in sight.

kuttsinister7

• Master Sergeant
  • I send recon, then artillery, then main forces...
« Reply #7 on: 31 January 2012, 14:37:08 »
Either way, fire fights will be funny as much as they will hurt when you unload and cannot open up the broadside of a barn!
If you can't reach for the stars, then call the Doom Stars. We will fix that for you...

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
« Reply #8 on: 31 January 2012, 16:31:54 »
Who needs accuracy anyway?

I mean, with accurate fire, only the designated target gets hit. With this troop of Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy graduates, no enemy is safe from their fire anywhere.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 31 January 2012, 17:55:13 »
Nice mechs and BA.  I like it as a unit.  O0

Here's hoping the pirates are as green as they are and in vulnerable mechs.

Made by HikageMaru

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #10 on: 31 January 2012, 18:18:40 »
I actually like the fact that there's only one veteran pilot among the bunch.  It's, frankly, unusual among fan units as usually you see waves of veterans with a few regulars and elites with not a green pilot in sight.

My mercs, the Cavaliers are like that now.  They've been around a fair bit and a lot of the pilots started off as greenies and regulars.  It's a function of relatively low pilot turnover and one of the reasons I've notched down XP gain in my games.

These guys are completely fresh and representative of a green unit, rolled completely off the tables in TW (aside from the RATs - B rated FS force in FM3085) and the majority of them explicitly on the green table, with the vets rolled on the veteran table and one regular (the Lieutenant).  They weren't especially great rolls overall.  The BA hasn't been rolled but is weighted toward regulars with a couple of veteran squads (probably the stock Infiltrator II squad and one of the Scout squads) and some greenies (one in each platoon).  VTOL pilots are green to regular.

The pirates in the one engagement to date (by the Pursuit Lance) weren't green and put up a good fight, actually managing to KO the commander and put the Falconer in need of some quality time in the repair bay.  NH-1B Rooks may not look like much but they're pretty solid Intro-level hardware.  The pirate Quickdraw did decently for itself, too.