Author Topic: The Spider and the Wolf  (Read 3358 times)

Hotwire

• Sergeant
  • ARC-2R/WHM-6L FrankenMech "The Ogre"
The Spider and the Wolf
« on: 15 April 2015, 10:42:29 »
Re-reading right now The Spider and the Wolf. A BattleTech graphic novel put out by FASA in 1986, written and illustrated by Gideon (?), with co-writer Scott Oehler and cover by David Deitrick. I love this book. It is the story of the final months of Wolf's Dragoons, specifically Natasha Kerensky and her Black Widow Company's actions during Anton Marik's revolt in the Free Worlds League circa 3014. The story is tight. I won't give it away (Comstar), but it has all the elements you want in an action/adventure tale, and if BattleTech ever might become a film, it would be my choice for the script. The comic art isn't the best I've seen, but it is dynamic and has that right, gritty, '80s look and feel that BattleTech started with. The Deitrick cover is of course amazing. In the back of the book are two BattleTech 2nd Ed. scenarios and a MechWarrior 1st Ed. scenario, all straight from the story. If you can get your hands on this book, do it!  O0
3025 Forever!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Re: The Spider and the Wolf
« Reply #1 on: 18 April 2015, 08:07:13 »
Interestingly enough, a number of the panels from this were copied from the obscure DC Robotech Defenders mini-series, c1984.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?