Author Topic: (Answered) Questions about JumpShips conveying armed space stations  (Read 2841 times)

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
I hope this is the right place.  ...I understand space stations like the Snowden are able to be transported between systems by JS because they carry a K-F Boom built-in, but I have a couple of questions.

First, the Snowden is not equipped with a docking collar, but requires a K-F Boom built into the station to allow the JS to extend the K-F field around it.  How does it attach to the JS?

Second, are Battlesats (and other armed stations) portable in the same way, provided they are equipped with Booms?

Third, is the armed station able to fire a Capital weapon while attached to a JS?  Is it able to fire Sub-Cap or standard weapons while attached?  What would the resulting arc be for such a weapon?

« Last Edit: 20 August 2012, 00:27:23 by Xotl »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Questions about JumpShips conveying armed space stations
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2012, 18:10:38 »
Rules for this should appear in Interstellar Operations. For now, it works, and they don't require a docking collar (DropShips don't have docking collars, they have KF Booms)

-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Re: Questions about JumpShips conveying armed space stations (Answered)
« Reply #2 on: 07 February 2012, 00:21:04 »
Ok - and the armed station can fire the cap weapon while connected?
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Welshman

• Mostly Retired Has Been
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Questions about JumpShips conveying armed space stations (Answered)
« Reply #3 on: 07 February 2012, 00:33:52 »
Ok - and the armed station can fire the cap weapon while connected?

Per the rules for dead zones on docked ships, yes.
-Joel BC-
Catalyst Freelancer (Inactive)

"Some closets will never contain Narnia, no matter how many times we open the door." - Weirdo, in relation to the power of hope.