Author Topic: What makes a warrior of Clan ______?  (Read 18582 times)

Gray Jaguar

• Lieutenant
  • Trueborn
Re: What makes a warrior of Clan ______?
« Reply #60 on: 01 February 2012, 00:41:45 »
Ouch.
"Manei Domini think themselves superior because of their unnatural enhancements.  I cannot wait to show them the error of their ways."
  - Star Colonel Damien Furey

"I'm going to found a mercenary outfit, all the cool kids are doing it."
 - Duchess Designate Alice Duvall

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #61 on: 01 February 2012, 00:48:55 »
There.  I fixed.

Says the guy with the "not-named" userbar.   :D
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 11 September 2017, 10:16:35 »
its your opinion, you can never be corrected on your opinion.

that being said i'll opt for hell's horses and i think the quote in my sig is a good place to start:

"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."

that was said by tanya delaurel. I also think cooperation between all members of the clan is one of the most important aspect of horse warriors, in that every person helps them accomplish goals. The horses also seem to have an open mindedness about some things that other clans lack, though things are changing for other clans but some things just stay the same  ::)

i probably have more, but right now this was all i could think of.

I have always liked this attitude of the horses

Kidd

• Major
« Reply #63 on: 11 September 2017, 10:32:49 »
What makes a warrior of Clan Ghost Bear?

More devotion to FAMILY than the ancient Terran legend of Dominic Toretto,
The perseverance to create GREAT ART in a universe centered on stompy robots,
The patience to GROW QUIETLY while everyone else around you eagerly overreaches,
And the ability to go from 0 to a STRAVAGLOAD OF RAGING ETERNAL VENGEANCE when the time is right!!

;D

Fire Mandrill

• Recruit
« Reply #64 on: 21 September 2017, 00:17:30 »
For Clan Fire Mandrill, hail!

"...we charge through the fire willingly, unmoved by the magnitude of its heat! Daily we are refined within the continual challenge of battle and the duel. Thus, it is an irrefutable truth that any one of our MechWarriors can best any two or even three from other Clans. From Kreese to Kline; from Sainze to Caroll; from Payne to Faraday, from Grant to Goulet it is the peerless ability within each Fire Mandrill that elevates our people so well when compared to the larger, but more watered down quantity of warriors found in other misguided Clans. As such they, as a whole, are largely unfit to be tested against us, leaving the only true test for a Fire Mandrill is to array his or herself against another Fire Mandrill to continue perpetuating the endless refinement we are accustomed to. Indeed, Kerensky walks with everyone of us....

- Excerpt from Atreus Chronicle XIV c. 3057-3061

Loremaster Addendum: It should be noted that our Khan, Amanda Carrol, has demanded that the last line read with the correction, "Indeed, Kerensky walks with everyone of us... even when we march hopelessly against ourselves!"

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 21 September 2017, 09:38:43 »
Stealing from a book a read long ago I would imagine blood spirits knowledge of history would be " limited to the various ways they had been wronged by other clans"

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #66 on: 21 September 2017, 11:25:35 »
Trueborn!

To know the way of any Clan warrior, know the way of the first.

The True ilKhan, Nicholas Kerensky, spoke the rede, which I will now relate to you.

I'm sitting in my room and my mom and my dad came in
They pulled up a chair and they sat down, they go
'Mike, we need to talk to you'
I go, 'Okay, what's the matter''

Seyla

They go, 'Me and your mom have been noticing lately
That you've been having a lot of problems
You've been going off for no reason and we're afraid
You're gonna hurt somebody
We're afraid you're gonna hurt yourself'

Seyla

'So we decided that it would be in your interest
If we put you somewhere
Where you could get the help that you need'
And I go, 'Wait, what are you talking about, we decided
My best interest, how can you know what's my best interest is''

Seyla

'How can you say what my best interest is'
What are you trying to say, I'm crazy'
When I went to your schools, I went to your churches
I went to your institutional learning facilities'
So how can you say I'm crazy''

Seyla

They say they're gonna fix my brain
Alleviate my suffering and my pain
But by the time they fix my head
Mentally, I'll be dead

Seyla

I'm not crazy, institutionalized!
You're the one who's crazy, institutionalized!
You're driving me crazy, institutionalized!

Note: Lyrics Written by Mayorga Muir • Copyright © BMG Rights Management US, LLC

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #67 on: 28 September 2017, 15:27:46 »
Clan Ghostbear: values personal strength and martial prowess to the point they eschewed the pilot phenotype as it was too weak in melee combat.
 Family before all else, your clans honor is more important than your own.
 Being Ghostbear means having the patience of Tseng and the strength of Jorgenson and the wisdom to combine them both when your ready to go REEEEEEEE on your enemies.
 Being clan Ghostbear means you can go against the clan way with zero ****** while flipping everyone the bird..and owning it.
 Clan Ghostbear does NOT play well with others..so run with the bear or from it, either way cue nekrogoblikons- bears.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #68 on: 04 October 2017, 15:04:12 »
Jade Falcon: Ever see the old Far Side cartoon where God makes a chicken? Hang on, I'll find it.

Color those feathers green and put a nametag saying 'Nicholas Kerensky' on the kid's shirt, and you have the right idea.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #69 on: 05 October 2017, 13:40:23 »
I maintain that Clan Jade Falcon is Clan Frank Grimes (which is how they have FINALLY became palatable to me).
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #70 on: 05 October 2017, 15:16:07 »
I maintain that Clan Jade Falcon is Clan Frank Grimes (which is how they have FINALLY became palatable to me).

"Khan Malvina Hazen - or 'Malvy' as she liked to be called..."
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Register