Author Topic: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time  (Read 189334 times)

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
Re: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Heroes of Our Time
« Reply #1380 on: 07 March 2017, 14:18:40 »
They dug up enough mechs to outfit the Dragoons a few decades earlier so there is a good possibility they tapped out all the caches outfitting them.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1381 on: 07 March 2017, 14:57:49 »
Aren't all caches controlled by certain clans?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1382 on: 11 March 2017, 10:05:03 »
If its in there territory its controlled by that Clan from what I understand. Problem was many of the caches were forgotten or lost after the Pentagon Civil War and even the Clans on occasion stumble across ones they didn't know about.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1383 on: 11 March 2017, 18:16:49 »
They dug up enough mechs to outfit the Dragoons a few decades earlier so there is a good possibility they tapped out all the caches outfitting them.

As far as I am aware only Clan Wolf caches were used to equip the Dragoons (offers of assistance by other Clans were declined) and Vlad opened up their remaining caches to replace losses suffered during the Refusal War.

Do we think that all of the Spirits Brian Caches had by 3060 all been tapped out? I was wondering:

Yes.  Well to be precise any known Brian Caches would have been tapped out.  Any military equipment found in a newly discovered Brian Caches would have been immediately reactivated to replace combat losses.  After all they were constantly short of military equipment and sold off most of their fleet to the Snow Ravens to secretly create the additional forces they needed to have any chance in participating in the invasion of the Inner Sphere.

Could they have discovered additional Brian Caches after 3060?

Yes.  Highly unlikely but they may have discovered in their territory or their new (re)acquisitions.
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1384 on: 12 March 2017, 11:10:08 »
So they could have trialed for old caches the nova cats, bears and jags left behind? I imagine that could have been a way they could have bulked up their forces. In particular old SL or Klondike era aerofighters.... With the mech as king mindset I would think that as soon as a new flashy aerofighter came online the old stuff just got cached

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1385 on: 12 March 2017, 11:20:24 »

Question about the 3060 era blood guard keshik. Was that a pure battle mech cluster?

On camospecs in the post 3060 era it is shown to be a mixed unit. If any one has attempted the paint scheme I would like to see your efforts!
Modify message

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1386 on: 13 March 2017, 14:32:37 »
Question about the 3060 era blood guard keshik. Was that a pure battle mech cluster?

On camospecs in the post 3060 era it is shown to be a mixed unit. If any one has attempted the paint scheme I would like to see your efforts!
Modify message

I have a Trinary of the BloodGuard Keshik painted up. I will post it when I get a chance.

Terminax

• Lieutenant
  • Never despair. Never surrender.
« Reply #1387 on: 13 March 2017, 21:13:25 »

Modify message

It follows the exact same pattern as everyone other Blood Spirit Cluster - 3 Mech Trinaries, 1 Elemental Trinary and 1 Vee Trinary.

Archangel

• Major
« Reply #1388 on: 14 March 2017, 02:31:03 »
So they could have trialed for old caches the nova cats, bears and jags left behind? I imagine that could have been a way they could have bulked up their forces. In particular old SL or Klondike era aerofighters.... With the mech as king mindset I would think that as soon as a new flashy aerofighter came online the old stuff just got cached

They could have but it likely wouldn't have been worth it given that practically everybody was fighting over their territory.  What good is being able to claim a Trinary's worth of mothballed SL equipment if you lose a Trinary's worth of Clan-tech equipment plus some warriors?

A lot of the most brutal fighting was over Nova Cat territory (first to expel the abjured Clan then to lay claim to their territory).  The Ghost Bears had plenty of time to remove the most valuable equipment in their caches during their multi-year exodus to the IS and they gave their territory to two of the three Clans that the Blood Spirits were on relatively good terms with, the Snow Ravens and Diamond Sharks, and the Spriits would have been reluctant to attack either Clan.  Finally the Jaguars likely didn't have much remaining in their caches even before the Invasion (their lack of resources was a major reason why they pushed so hard for the invasion in the first place) and likely emptied most of the remaining machines in their effort to rebuild after Tukayyid. 
Detect evil first, smite second and ask questions later.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1389 on: 14 March 2017, 05:50:33 »
Good points arcangel thanks! This is why in my time line I am having the spirits intervene in the jag annilation instead

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #1390 on: 14 March 2017, 22:24:26 »
It follows the exact same pattern as everyone other Blood Spirit Cluster - 3 Mech Trinaries, 1 Elemental Trinary and 1 Vee Trinary.

I've always assumed the same, but I will add that FM:CC states that the Cluster consists "entirely" of heavy and assault 'Mechs.  I can see that passage going either way: maybe its 'Mech complement is all big 'Mechs, or maybe every trinary is all big 'Mechs.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1391 on: 15 March 2017, 10:31:11 »
Hmmm with the spirits always being so resource strapped do you think they would have sunk some much into one unit ( if it was all mech) what do you all think? I mean that is a BIG hammer...

As far as I know in Cannon however they never really got a chance to shine...

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1392 on: 15 March 2017, 11:30:49 »
Someone has to be the Pittsburgh Pirates of the story.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1393 on: 15 March 2017, 15:49:09 »
In the Burrock absorption a number of Spirit Galaxies were destroyed and I believe several were disbanded. Does any one have any homebrew paint schemes for the Spirits they would like to share?

alex blood spirit

• Sergeant
« Reply #1394 on: 03 April 2017, 09:28:41 »
thought of the day;after the clan operation Klondike the  Krenesky brothers  decided to join the clans mainly clan Wolf.What if Andre survived and decided to join Clan Blood Spirit instead of Clan Wolf//??

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1395 on: 03 April 2017, 09:43:21 »
Andery? It be weird to hang out with the Wolves, fall in love with a Coyote and join the Spirits. But given his relationship with his brother I doubt there would be much of a change. They weren't exactly very tight.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1396 on: 10 April 2017, 16:20:32 »
In a way I almost think the Spirits were originally meant to be the Kerensky Clan. They weren't named after a animal but a ideal, a ideal Nicholas wanted to perpetuate.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1397 on: 10 April 2017, 18:01:26 »
Whoa that would have been a difference! Not be a hater but didn't nick set the spirits up to fail? I mean for a society based on might makes right the spirits orginal giving nature seemed to go against the grain

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1398 on: 11 April 2017, 19:50:44 »
Yeah, the espirit de corps ends up going contrary to actual clan practice.  I think the Spirits should have been some sort of honor clan, accepting applicants from any clan and expected to protect certain sites, ideals, and other rituals.  Perhaps some sort of Clan Honor Police, or the expected role of that.  Sure, they'd end up with many of the same issues, but hopefully will have been more resilient.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1399 on: 14 April 2017, 21:04:33 »
Due to the constant battles against the adders I would assume the sprits would have access to the corona battle armor? Is a good tactic to use them with lighter omnis which can taxi them to a good sniping spot?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Clan Blood Spirit Enclave: Passing Through The Flames
« Reply #1400 on: 14 April 2017, 21:09:03 »
Well finished the landing struts literally hours before my flight leaves. I decided to paint them in gunmetal with the cables a dark grey that way there not the same color as the mostly metal hull. A decal was made and is ready of the Blood Spirit Logo that is almost perfect. Here is hoping when the time comes I can but it on straight, I never have much luck with decals. When I get home I plan to start painting the Hull of the Overlord IIc with a mix of steel paint with spots of silver and tin to break up the all steel hull. Still thinking of names to use though, Blood Eagle is in the lead, a buddy of mine suggested Blood Knight and Caliburn.

Did you finish this up would be curious to see it?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1401 on: 13 July 2017, 08:19:10 »
Looks like that pic didn't survive the downtime the forums had.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1402 on: 13 July 2017, 08:31:43 »
The Star Adders stole it.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1403 on: 13 July 2017, 10:20:34 »

Eh, it was slightly too big anyway and I couldn't figure out how to shrink it down anymore.

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1404 on: 14 July 2017, 13:54:41 »
So you lost a Trial of Position then.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Stormlion1

• Colonel
« Reply #1405 on: 14 July 2017, 14:46:51 »
So you lost a Trial of Position then.

The Forums lost a Trial of, wait Position? Possession. That's what they lost!

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1406 on: 15 July 2017, 11:09:13 »
Shall we declare a Trial of Refusal then?

;)
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #1407 on: 18 July 2017, 20:27:59 »
Pre Burrock absorption when the spirits were deeply isolated how would a warrior gain enough renown to warranty a blood name? I they did something of course but I don't know what

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #1408 on: 19 July 2017, 05:55:53 »
There were still limited trials against other Clans, especially the Burrocks. Would also have been raids by the bandit caste to fend off, or bandits to track down. So still opportunity to earn a name.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1409 on: 21 July 2017, 14:29:52 »
use your ilchi (is that the right term) to go visit a 'friendly' clan and jump in a couple of raids against their targets.
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

Register