Author Topic: (Answered) Battle Armor Tactical points  (Read 2419 times)

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
(Answered) Battle Armor Tactical points
« on: 07 January 2014, 01:55:56 »
So, say I shoot a Tornado PA(L) with a Clan Ultra Heavy Support Laser and due to extraordinary success do 7E/16 damage.

Pg 187 states that I'd do 3 points of tactical damage (16/6=2.6666 rounding to 3). Problem is a Tornado only has 2pts of armor.

What happens to the extra point?

A. The armor - with a BAR of 6 vs energy - absorbs 12 BD (2pts armor * 6 BAR) and the remainder (4pts) hits the trooper, +1pt for taking 2pts tactical damage? Total 5 standard damage.

B. The armor absorbs the 2 tactical damage and 1 tactical goes through, doing 6BD as per pg. 211 "Vehicular weapons vs BA"

C. The 1pt that goes through kills the pilot, as per TW.

Second question: The players have just downed a suit of BA, finishing off the last point of Tactical armor. They decide to hose it down with concentrated burst weapon fire before the pilot can get out. Maybe they're paranoid - or if it's WOB just being prudent.

What effect if any does the armor have on this attack? Does the armor still give it's BAR as if it were a suit of personal armor? Does it have no effect?

Lastly, is a suit that's lost it's last point of tactical armor functional at all, as per TW.

Thank you!
   - Shane
« Last Edit: 31 March 2017, 13:55:46 by Xotl »
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Acolyte

• Lieutenant
Re: Battle Armor Tactical points
« Reply #1 on: 09 February 2014, 19:43:59 »
Bump 'Cause it happened again. Whittling a suit of BA down to it's last armor point, and NOW the dice get lucky and do 2pts.

I've just treated it as 1pt tactical damage gives 6 standard regardless of the actual BD. Method "B" above.

I've also just treated the armor as destroyed at 0 armor - providing no protection and being nonfunctional - considering the huge volume of fire it took to bring it down there.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
   - Shane
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the coffee that my thoughts acquire speed
My teeth acquire stains
The stains become a warning
It is by caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion.

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
Re: Battle Armor Tactical points
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2017, 19:23:14 »
B.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Register