Author Topic: Army Builder Alpha Strike  (Read 52696 times)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: Army Builder Alpha Strike
« Reply #180 on: 17 April 2016, 12:43:11 »
@NeonKnight thanks so much!  Got my license and AB prints Unit Cards beautifully, seems easy to use, all units are available.

The true thanx should go to Ratboy, he's the one who put all the work in for us plebs ;)
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #181 on: 05 May 2016, 01:15:07 »
I've installed AB and loaded the latest data files.

Questions please:

1. I have structured my force in to force into lances (groups), how can the Save Custom Output... be set to print once lance per page (or can it?)

2. Some of the data seems 'off' compared to MUL.  What is the canon source?  How do we correct this?  Examples:
  a. Battlemaster 1G has a move of 8" or MUL and 6" in AB
  b. Shadow Hawk SHD-2H has a jump of 6" on MUL and 4" in AB
  c. There is no Wasp 1D at all in AB, but there is on MUL (this is an "Introductory" mech)

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #182 on: 08 May 2016, 13:06:20 »
1. In roster options under Custom output, choose 4 per page. This only works with the basic cards. Cards are printed in a first to last order (meaning the first 4 units will print on the first page, etc.)

2. Let me know of errors and I correct them for the next update. Wasp 1D is in there. what filters do you have on? Which faction are you using?
« Last Edit: 08 May 2016, 13:43:15 by Ratboy »
Jim Williamson - CDT Agent #206
NJ, USA

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #183 on: 10 May 2016, 15:26:52 »
1. Thanks.

2. I see Wasp 1D now, it is restricted to Davion.  The other issues regarding the move values of Battlemaster 1G and Shadow Hawk SHD-2H remain.

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #184 on: 13 May 2016, 22:32:12 »
They have been corrected and will be in the next update, no ETA yet.
NJ, USA

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #185 on: 30 May 2016, 02:55:55 »
Here's a question please about 'default print image'. I've set for a mech, but on the Basic Unit Cards output it doesn't seem to be adhering to that preference.  Standard output does seem to recognize it.

*see attached

What am I missing?
« Last Edit: 03 June 2016, 16:04:15 by Stoobert »

Feral Huntsman

• Private
« Reply #186 on: 02 June 2016, 23:12:48 »
Not sure if its been noticed, but it seems most of the aerospace units are showing different PV values than compared to MUL.

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #187 on: 03 June 2016, 23:13:03 »
Here's a question please about 'default print image'. I've set for a mech, but on the Basic Unit Cards output it doesn't seem to be adhering to that preference.  Standard output does seem to recognize it.

*see attached

What am I missing?

The default image selection has not been supported in Custom output by AB. I think it was just added in the newest update to AB, if so I will add it to the to-do list.

Not sure if its been noticed, but it seems most of the aerospace units are showing different PV values than compared to MUL.

I'll double check those and correct them.
NJ, USA

Stoobert

• Corporal
« Reply #188 on: 05 June 2016, 11:35:03 »
Thanks for the info!  Ratboy are you pretty much "the guy" who is volunteering to maintain these AS files for AB? 

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #189 on: 05 June 2016, 21:42:43 »
Thanks for the info!  Ratboy are you pretty much "the guy" who is volunteering to maintain these AS files for AB? 

Yup. That's me.
NJ, USA

Feral Huntsman

• Private
« Reply #190 on: 12 June 2016, 12:36:24 »

I'll double check those and correct them.

Looks like its more than just the PVs, most are missing a few specials and almost all have 1 more bomb than they should.  Applies to Conventional too.  The TRO3075 fighters (and other vehicles) are also being filtered out of swr when they were available.

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #191 on: 21 November 2016, 08:02:09 »
Dear Ratboy,

short question whether you have any news on the coming update? I would like to know because I am getting back to my home country soon and would like to continue playing Alpha Strike.

Thanks for all the work so far!

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #192 on: 29 November 2016, 00:16:33 »
I am awaiting a data update. I hope soon, but I can't give you a timeline right now.
NJ, USA

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #193 on: 05 December 2016, 08:21:51 »
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

swammeyjoe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Private
« Reply #194 on: 24 March 2017, 16:20:13 »
Is there any way to see which Force Building validation rules my force is breaking? The current error isn't super helpful and it would keep me from having to flip around the Companion.

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #195 on: 18 April 2017, 13:09:45 »
Send me the .rst file. smallrealities (at) gmail.com
NJ, USA

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #196 on: 21 May 2017, 14:00:32 »
Had a game today with friends, and I had to find out that the artillery damage values on the reference cards are wrong. The reference card for Arrows, for example, states that the missile does 3 damage, instead of 2 from the latest errata.

Would it be possible to implement these changes, or do you still have to wait for the update?

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #197 on: 21 May 2017, 14:15:06 »
And found another error in the data. I fielded a Huitzilopochtli Assault Tank "Huey" (Standard) for the first time ever (did not even know it existed), which was printed by Army Builder as having a 14t movement, which gave it a TMM of 3. Checked on MUL just now and it's only 4t. Should have seen it myself, but it was late at night, when I prepared my setup for today's game.

Ratboy

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #198 on: 04 June 2017, 17:42:24 »
I'll fix those as soon as possible.

Thank you!
NJ, USA

PhoeniX0302

• Sergeant
« Reply #199 on: 16 January 2018, 18:47:31 »
Dear Ratboy,

I wondered whether we can expect any updates some time soon? It would be great if you would update the database, especially as the complete revision of the PV system is coming as well.

I admire your work, but currently I have to check every unit against the one in the MUL, which is inconvenient. I bought Army Builder just for Alpha Strike, so I hope that you continue the good work at some point in the future.

Best,

PhoeniX0302

Register