Author Topic: (Answered) Support Vehicle Cost and Tech Rating Multiplier  (Read 2432 times)

DarthMetool

• Master Sergeant
According to 'Choose Structural Tech Rating' on page 121:

While choosing a Support Vehicle's Structural Tech Rating will help anchor its core design into the universe and establish a standard by which any other components installed may be measured, it merely applies to the internal structure of the vehicle; engines, armor and other equipment installed later may hail from more or less sophisticated technology levels.

In relation to the Tech Rating Multiplier in Final Structural Cost on the 'Support Vehicle Structural Costs and Availability' table (page 280), does this mean that the multiplier affects only the chassis and not the engine and/or armor?  Or would the multiplier reflect the highest rated of chassis, engine and armor?

For example:
  A Tech Rating C truck has its original internal combustion engine removed for a newer Tech Rating D version.  Does the Tech Rating Multiplier remain TR C for the chassis, or go up to TR D for the engine?

Please let me know either way.  It is a bit confusing, and I have already checked the Tech Manual, errata and the Rules Questions forum.
« Last Edit: 15 April 2016, 10:24:41 by Xotl »
"John Hancock.  Wait, you want MY signature?"
The TRB Military Catalog
GENERATION 45: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Support Vehicle Cost and Tech Rating Multiplier
« Reply #1 on: 15 April 2016, 10:24:26 »
Step 4: Add Armor (p. 134)
Under “Tech Rating”, first sentence

The Tech Rating of the armor chosen for a Support Vehicle may not exceed that of its chassis.
Change to:
The Tech Rating of the armor chosen for a Support Vehicle usually does not exceed that of its chassis. It is possible to mount armor at a higher Tech Rating than the chassis, but this will drive up the Support Vehicle’s overall Tech Rating accordingly.

3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register