Author Topic: Officially the unofficial Flash thread  (Read 83008 times)

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Officially the unofficial Flash thread
« Reply #960 on: 03 May 2017, 00:24:54 »
How unoriginal....
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #961 on: 03 May 2017, 00:27:52 »
You realize this is a comic book show, right?

Edit: to my point, Flashpoint.
« Last Edit: 03 May 2017, 00:30:15 by Giovanni Blasini »
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #962 on: 03 May 2017, 13:22:56 »
I think on some level I always knew this was going to be the outcome of Savitar's identity revealed but I just didn't want to admit it.

I had hopes there for a bit it was Joe's girlfriend.  Yeah it would be another painfully obvious way to go but at least it would not have been so lame.

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #963 on: 18 May 2017, 19:29:41 »
...seriously?  ???
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #964 on: 11 October 2017, 15:06:38 »
SO, we are now into Season 4..  Interesting new potential baddie with that guy in the floating chair thinggy..  BUT what is up with all that gibberish Barry was spouting, and WHY Did the baddie need him to return??

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #965 on: 11 October 2017, 16:25:31 »
It will be later revealed that Barry's gibberish will be things people around him have said in the past or future.  It is just so obvious.

And Barry had to return or there would have been another temporal crises.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #966 on: 27 October 2017, 00:26:24 »
So, we are now 3 eps into the new season and i am liking that wheel chair funky baddie, but i am still trying to figure out WHO he is and what his end game will be,
I thought this week's ep with the Ditzy blond bad luck lass gotten good luck was a novel enemy.  And i loved seeing the flash go slipping on those marbles. 
DIDN'T however like seeing Jessie and Kid-flash break up..  And now he's moving

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #967 on: 27 October 2017, 01:02:11 »
So, we are now 3 eps into the new season and i am liking that wheel chair funky baddie, but i am still trying to figure out WHO he is

The Thinker
« Last Edit: 27 October 2017, 01:12:30 by roosterboy »

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #968 on: 27 October 2017, 22:08:06 »
And I called it.

One of the lines of gibberish was "This house is bitchin" and that line showed up in this episode.

I think I am actually with Roosterboy(hazarding a guess here) in that I actually won't miss Wally West.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #969 on: 27 October 2017, 22:22:16 »
I think I am actually with Roosterboy(hazarding a guess here) in that I actually won't miss Wally West.

Good guess. I wanted to like Wally, but the combination of the actor, the lousy costume and the writing for the character turned me off.

I will, however, miss Jesse Quick. But Ralph Dibny should hopefully make it all better next week.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #970 on: 27 October 2017, 22:46:46 »
It is possible that we will see Jesse Quick again and yeah the writing and acting for her has been better but I still feel like we haven't seen enough of her for me to miss her if we don't see her again.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #971 on: 27 October 2017, 23:14:37 »
Good guess. I wanted to like Wally, but the combination of the actor, the lousy costume and the writing for the character turned me off.

I will, however, miss Jesse Quick. But Ralph Dibny should hopefully make it all better next week.

I also wonder, why the brit guy had to leave..

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #972 on: 27 October 2017, 23:36:28 »
To be honest the show was a bit over casted with how they seemed to resolve Caitlin last season(I actually don't like that they undid that resolution).

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #973 on: 07 February 2018, 22:14:00 »
I realized after watching this episode that since the effects team is so good at doing gorillas, it would be entirely possible to get the Ultra-Humanite as a villain. That would kick so much ass my head is spinning. He would make a great season-long Big Bad. Start him out for one episode in his original frail male body, then he dies and Team Flash thinks they are safe. Until a hot young actress is kidnapped and it turns out the bad guy implanted his brain in her body. Keep that version around for most of the season until something happens and the body is killed. Team Flash again thinks they are safe. But the final third of the season finds the Ultra-Humanite's brain in the body of an albino mutant gorilla and implements his final plan against Central City. It would not only be awesome and a great use of DC history, but it would be far, far preferable to yet another speedster bad guy and, played right, could really trip out viewers not familiar with the character. Greg Berlanti... call me! ;)

Hmm, y’know... with the way this season is shaping up, I may have been more prescient than I would ever have imagined.

I definitely think we are in for Devoe taking over a few more bodies but probably not full-on Ultra-Humanite territory. Too bad, because there are enough similarities that they wouldn’t be able to do something like I suggested a year ago without seeming repetitive. Of course, not that repetition of villans stopped them the first three seasons.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #974 on: 07 February 2018, 22:31:39 »
I am having a little difficulty resolving this episode.

On the one hand Barry was pretty true to form but on the other it really seemed like no one really considered how slow the justice system actually is.  It would have been months from Devoe's murder before Barry's trial and I'm pretty sure with the existence of meta humans someone would have said "Hey wait a minute, let's make sure this actually checks out.  We've seen some strange shit.  Let's be sure"

And to be honest I'm not sure why no one picked up on speedster(which was said in front of the other inmates who all reacted to what Amunet and Wolfe were saying) and Barry Allen=Flash on their own.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #975 on: 08 February 2018, 00:25:18 »
Hmm, y’know... with the way this season is shaping up, I may have been more prescient than I would ever have imagined.

I definitely think we are in for Devoe taking over a few more bodies but probably not full-on Ultra-Humanite territory. Too bad, because there are enough similarities that they wouldn’t be able to do something like I suggested a year ago without seeming repetitive. Of course, not that repetition of villans stopped them the first three seasons.

Not knowing who the 'ultra-humanite was', i had to look it up, and it certainly seems like Devoe is going that route..
And while i had little problem with him killing those 3 butthead mutes, i was really peeved he killed ms Lucky..  I was liking her character.

Register