Author Topic: Round 1 2015 Funding - Primitive Rifleman RFL-1N XTRO Primitives IV FUNDED!  (Read 65548 times)

D.Jensen

• Sergeant
That should read "beggars would ride" not ide.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
*updated added TS _Hawk

Sitrep; 780 at this time.

TS_Hawk 25 * paid
Myself 25 * paid
Maingunnery 50 * paid
God and Davion 100 * paid
The Wayfarer 50 * paid
heavy guard 75 * paid
GRUD 100 * paid
Saint 25 * paid
Azakael 30 * paid
mdauben 25 * paid
abou 100 * paid
Feenix74 25 * paid
D.Jensen 50 * paid
jbressel 25 * waiting to hear from
Sartris 25 * paid
klarg1 75 * paid

Minnow 75, first alternate

How did we get to 805? Who did I add up with the wrong amount?

I think in our financing frenzy we over pledged. As jbressel is the last financier yet to have paid, probably your easiest solution is, with jbressel's agreement, drop his contrubtion back to $20. Alternatively you could drop yours back by $5 (to save having to do more paypal money transfers) or if nobody else wants to reduce their contribution you can drop my contribution back to $20 (but then you will need to paypal me back $5).
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

edit: it seems that I was wrong.
« Last Edit: 16 February 2015, 14:22:43 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Stinger

• Freelance Artist
  • Lieutenant
  • Artist, Writer, 3D Modeler Extraordinaire
*updated added TS _Hawk

Sitrep; 780 at this time.

TS_Hawk 25 * paid
Myself 25 * paid
Maingunnery 50 * paid
God and Davion 100 * paid
The Wayfarer 50 * paid
heavy guard 75 * paid
GRUD 100 * paid
Saint 25 * paid
Azakael 30 * paid
mdauben 25 * paid
abou 100 * paid
Feenix74 25 * paid
D.Jensen 50 * paid
jbressel 25 * waiting to hear from
Sartris 25 * paid
klarg1 75 * paid

Minnow 75, first alternate

How did we get to 805? Who did I add up with the wrong amount?

Beachhead, you actually stated you were only doing 20 initially in your first post, and it says that you have paid 25 here.  I think that is the discrepancy...

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
Beachhead, you actually stated you were only doing 20 initially in your first post, and it says that you have paid 25 here.  I think that is the discrepancy...

Yeah, that would be me screwing up.

No dishonour fi I just do the 20 as pledged?

I think in our financing frenzy we over pledged. As jbressel is the last financier yet to have paid, probably your easiest solution is, with jbressel's agreement, drop his contrubtion back to $20. Alternatively you could drop yours back by $5 (to save having to do more paypal money transfers) or if nobody else wants to reduce their contribution you can drop my contribution back to $20 (but then you will need to paypal me back $5).

Yes, jbressel is out last guy. I have PM'd him again, nothing yet.

And just so it exists somewhere, I don't think any of us would hate a boardmember forever if he needed to bow out. I seem to recall that I talked a lot about putting in form something the last time around and missed the boat and you guy even let me handle the money for this one.

besides that, we have all the cash.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Yeah, that would be me screwing up.

No dishonour fi I just do the 20 as pledged?

Yes, jbressel is out last guy. I have PM'd him again, nothing yet.

And just so it exists somewhere, I don't think any of us would hate a boardmember forever if he needed to bow out. I seem to recall that I talked a lot about putting in form something the last time around and missed the boat and you guy even let me handle the money for this one.

besides that, we have all the cash.

Without his pledge are we short and if so by how much?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
Without his pledge are we short and if so by how much?

$25, and Minnow was a first alternate with a $75 offer. Heh.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
And just so it exists somewhere, I don't think any of us would hate a boardmember forever if he needed to bow out.

I know I wouldn't have any problem with it.  Between 2002 and 2009, my '98 Saturn surprised me FOUR times with unexpected repairs that each ate nearly an entire paycheck.   >:(  My Dad and brother have each had to replace their washers and driers fairly unexpectedly also (not both at the same time, fortunately for them!), and I know those things aren't cheap either.  Things like that "Happen" to everyone, like it or not.   :-\  I think we should just be patient and understanding when/if it Does happen with someone that's pledged money.   O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

abou

• Captain
And we have time, too. B-3 isn't a machine that can crank out a bunch of sculpts at once. Maybe give jbressel until Friday.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
And we have time, too. B-3 isn't a machine that can crank out a bunch of sculpts at once. Maybe give jbressel until Friday.

something had to have happened. the person would post almost on a regular basis and to suddenly disappear?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
The pledgee in question has posted on the forum over the last couple of days, including today.

However, life happens. If a forum member has to drop out after having made a pledge, then that is life. It would be nice if, in that situation, if the pledgee was to post that they are unable to go through with their pledge because that would allow the Lead Financier to contact the backup pledgee(s) or seek new pledges with the minimal delay but again life happens and this may not always be possible.

I have suggested in the Fan Financing Questions thread that we should give the pledgee(s) two weeks from the Lead Financier's PM with payment details to make payment arrangements before we then move to the backup pledgee(s).

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
something had to have happened. the person would post almost on a regular basis and to suddenly disappear?
Don't know what's up but he didn't disappear.  He posted several times in the last few days.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Two other thoughts:
1. talk to B-3 to find out his timeline. If he is busy with other things, you could delay payment a little longer.
2. (this certainly can't be done in each instance but sometimes it might be easiest) lead funder drops the extra money in for the time being so it can be passed on in time and then if the payment is received, you're good. If not, get one of the backups to send the money. It may just require delaying the vouchers for everybody or doing the vouchers in two parts, if speck/IWM is willing. (this depends upon if someone has the spare cash and the missing amount is not excessive.)

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
I posted over on the questions forum and we came up with a metric of 2 weeks pack initial emails going out to the fundians.

That was 11 feb, so two weeks hence gives us till the 25th and then Minnow is in the breach.

In the CF; we'd call this a "Warning Order" with implied tasks for both jbressel and minnow.

To reiterate; I have pm'd jbressel. So presumably he is aware.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Yes, I am busy finishing the Kodiak II at the moment and will take a little while to get the APC's sculpted.  The payment can be delayed a little while so a Fundicator can get their pledge together.  This only delays the thread setup on the QCC a bit at this juncture.
"Don't start nothin' won't be nothin' " - J

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
Yes, I am busy finishing the Kodiak II at the moment and will take a little while to get the APC's sculpted.  The payment can be delayed a little while so a Fundicator can get their pledge together.  This only delays the thread setup on the QCC a bit at this juncture.

Take your time; looking forward to that beast.

lol; "Fundicator" love it. I kill me.

A.E. Housman

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Don't know what's up but he didn't disappear.  He posted several times in the last few days.

I say then we beat him with a soggy udon noodle then :P

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
I have gotten in touch with jbressel. Things are good, we will get this sorted right quick.

A.E. Housman

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
So when will this be officially funded?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

GRUD

• Captain
So when will this be officially funded?

I 2nd this.

Funding for this opened on 2 FEB, with the 1st pledge made on 3 FEB, and jbressel pledging on the 8th.  If there's something keeping him from being able to fulfill his pledge after this long, I think we need to go with the Alternate.  As Feenix74 suggested, it's been over 2 weeks, so I think we should go with Minnow.  I STILL don't have any problem with anyone dropping out, but I also think we need to do something to get this moving Forward again.   :-\  I'm almost ready to pay the remaining $20.00 myself, just to close this up.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
Fellas, relax. I've been in touch with jbressel, as I have noted and he has been indisposed. I also made a post on the subject in the FF 2.0 thread and we laid out a rule for delayed payments, which I re-posted here and he has been in touch with me since then. When I have had information I have posted it, but frankly I had some information which it was not my business to share.

He contacted me over he weekend and I responded just a few minutes ago and I expect payment within the next day or so, at which time I will forward the full sum on to B-3.

I apologize for my part in the deficiency; my job often keeps me away and incommunicado on weekends from September to may. But I could have posted an additional filler update on the 25th, which I did fail to do.

jbressel is not at fault, as circumstances were beyond his control and he asked that I not cover his share in the interim and I respected his request.

B-3 has already noted that he is quite occupied with other work at this time as well, so everyone sit tight and within the next day or so we'll have this all wrapped up.

A.E. Housman

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
Thanks for the update! O0

GRUD

• Captain
That works for me!   As B-3 said, Thanks for the Update!  O0

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
Thanks for the update Beachhead.

B-3 - personally, I have waited almost 20 years to purchase a second metal Rifleman to add to my BT miniature collection. So take your time, I am very happy to be patient and see it turn out to be a beautiful mini that we can all be proud of.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Thanks for the update beachhead

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
Thank you for being so understanding folks.

jbressel sent the money just after midnight last night and I send B-3 the cash just a few minutes ago.

A.E. Housman

B-3

• Iron Wind Metals
  • Master Sergeant
    • B-3 Designs
I got it!  O0  I'm done with the Kodiak II and am doing Orthos for the APC's and Primitive Rifleman RFL-1N.  If anyone wants to help with orthos, your efforts will be MUCH appreciated.  I need a place to start not alotta details.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
If anyone wants to help with orthos, your efforts will be MUCH appreciated.  I need a place to start not alotta details.
Please tell us what you need.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Register