Author Topic: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4  (Read 221122 times)

Baktru

• Recruit
Re: Campaign Rules: Against the Bot Thread #4
« Reply #840 on: 02 December 2017, 13:39:20 »
So in a battle my Orion took massive damage.  Now most of it is easily fixable, but the left arm shoulder actuator was ruined and MekHQ tells me I have to scrap the arm to fix this.

When I try to scrap the arm it tells me I have to remove all components first.  And yes there's a good laser on that arm...

How do I remove that so I can continue fixing the mech?

yukamichi

• Corporal
« Reply #841 on: 02 December 2017, 16:05:46 »
Right click on the mech in question, change the Repair Status from "Repair" to "Salvage", select the left arm ("LA") from the drop down list in the repair bay (it should be located next to the target number calculation), then salvage/scrap all the parts installed in the arm.

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #842 on: 03 December 2017, 07:51:30 »
Thanks that did it!

Now to find a new left arm..

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #843 on: 06 December 2017, 10:14:14 »
Well, probably not the thread to ask but does anyone know if it's possible for Megamek to use more RAM?

Game got real slow everytime high speed battlemech (especially those with jumpjets) get selected by the bot.
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

NickAragua

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #844 on: 06 December 2017, 10:57:08 »
Unfortunately, that's not really a function of memory, but an inherent problem with the current pathfinding algorithm. My suggestion would be to split off those fast mechs off under a separate bot.

Thom293

• Sergeant
« Reply #845 on: 07 December 2017, 10:53:08 »
Also, if your game gets rea)y slow you can turn on TestBot. Its not as good as Princess but its far far faster.

On contracts : my rating is only 9 right now, but I have 4 admin 2 vets. I cant seem to roll a contract that makes me more than 1 million credits over a 6 month period. Most are projected lose 3-6M. Is that normal?  Only about 1 out of 10 is projected positive.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #846 on: 07 December 2017, 12:58:18 »
 Yeah you will see that a bunch, it is the cost of transport that can kill you. If you have dropships and jumpships with 100% transport you can make a buck. It is the salvage that makes up the most of your profit.

I rarely fix up mechs/vehicles I plan to sell, I just sell them. I tend to fight huge battles (battalion plus in size each side) so I can easily capture 40-100 mil worth of salvage in one battle at times. Way more than that is I am fighting Clan era. Heck a trinary worth of salvage can bring in 100mil easy.

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
« Reply #847 on: 07 December 2017, 16:10:54 »
Contract payment depends on the price of the stuff in your TO&E. (but the more units you put there the more lances you will have to deploy)
So it is worthwhile to put your most expensive units into the TO&E when looking for contracts (can be changed anytime and current offers are updated), even if you don't intend to use them.

Thom293

• Sergeant
« Reply #848 on: 07 December 2017, 17:05:56 »
Ahh maybe that is it.  When a contract ends I usually mothball my mechs until I get to the next contract so they are not in the TO&E anymore. Maybe that is what I am doing wrong.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #849 on: 07 December 2017, 22:12:04 »
 He could also have "use payroll for contract" selected. I prefer payroll as it somewhat slows down my unit growth. The moment you get Dropships and Jumpships, if using TOE (and I always add my orbital stuff to TOE) it can really become a cash cow.

Plus using payroll I don't have to keep mothballing and activating my equipment back into my TOE. Okay for small units, but Battalion plus and it becomes a major chore.

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #850 on: 08 December 2017, 18:10:30 »
Heh that was fun...

Chase Attacker against Pirates with 12 vehicles.  I had a single lance and two helpers.  The problem was, I had an Urbanmech.  And because I lost my custom Griffin due to an LRM ammo explosion all 3 remaining mechs had to get to the other side.  Including the Urbie!

36 turns...

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #851 on: 14 December 2017, 14:24:51 »
Do people use the Instant Mass Repair Salvage??

And if so, with what settings?

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #852 on: 15 December 2017, 05:55:35 »
Depends upon your Campaign settings.  I have 'MoF 5+' destroys equipment, so set the maximum autorepair to 7+.
Tried setting minimum autorepair, but it seems a bit flaky.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #853 on: 24 December 2017, 12:55:16 »
So I can create a mission but I cannot add an OpFor or create a scenario.  What is the step(s) I am missing?

I try to generate a scenario and nothing comes up.
« Last Edit: 24 December 2017, 13:02:39 by Demon55 »

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #854 on: 25 December 2017, 05:51:16 »
yeah, I've been having problems with this my own self.  I really would like to know how this is done so I can run a good game and not have to export .mul files all the time. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #855 on: 25 December 2017, 06:28:15 »
Make sure AtB is on. Go to the Briefing Room and add a New Contract, under Add Mission. Also works during a normal AtB contract. Select your Employer, Enemy, World, Pilot Skills, Unit Ratings, Mission Type, etc. Once everything is set to your liking, go to the world during the contract time frame, and hit [GM] Generate Scenarios (with GM Mode on of course). May have to hit it a few times as I think it is just doing the weekly battle roll for each button push, as in you may get a no battles result again.
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 06:30:08 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #856 on: 26 December 2017, 13:45:03 »
Make sure AtB is on. Go to the Briefing Room and add a New Contract, under Add Mission. Also works during a normal AtB contract. Select your Employer, Enemy, World, Pilot Skills, Unit Ratings, Mission Type, etc. Once everything is set to your liking, go to the world during the contract time frame, and hit [GM] Generate Scenarios (with GM Mode on of course). May have to hit it a few times as I think it is just doing the weekly battle roll for each button push, as in you may get a no battles result again.

Just what I was looking for, thank you.

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #857 on: 27 December 2017, 13:38:10 »
Heh I'm suffering bad attrition in my light mech heavy new AtB campaign (mostly because I'm really not good at this).  And I'm on a salvage exchange contract so I'm not getting replacements for anything...

But I just won a Quasit Militiatech as a bonus... 

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=52828.30

I think I will actually use it!

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #858 on: 27 December 2017, 15:37:31 »

Me too.  thank you for the reply. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #859 on: 27 December 2017, 22:20:58 »
Coming back to MM/AtB from a year hiatus (work/grad school) so I'm playing catch up.

I'm not familiar with the new RAT Generator; I always just loaded various RATs. If I wanted to play a Mercedes campaign that started in the 3060s and went through the Jihad (3070+), would the RAT Generator be sufficient? I thought I read somewhere that it stopped with 3067 but can't locate that information.

Edit: Also, is there a list somewhere that indicates what rules/rolls have to be manually completed in AtB? I know Ken of the references/guides indicates rules that are not implemented in MekHQ, but I was looking for something more specific. For example: reinforcements need to be picked/rolled, infantry support (avoiding battles) has to be completed manually, etc.
« Last Edit: 28 December 2017, 11:11:38 by Dalthius »

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #860 on: 28 December 2017, 14:16:26 »
The RAT generator uses availability data to generate custom RATS on the fly for any faction or era. The availability data is based on the master unit list with frequency determined from TRO entries and guess work.

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #861 on: 28 December 2017, 20:14:00 »
I figured that was how it worked; it’s quite nice. It seems like it should include damn near everything; have there been many observations regarding balance? I assume then that it goes through all the eras?

Man, I sure miss this board. I was never very active here, but I sure enjoyed lurking.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #862 on: 28 December 2017, 22:30:34 »
 Balance can be rough against the Clans...........for some reason I always have a Lance facing a dang Trinary. The few times I fielded a Battalion versus Clan, well they basically got a full Cluster and wiped me out quickly.

I have learned to pare it down once I hit the lobby..................unless I am looking for that unit defining defeat.

Dalthius

• Recruit
« Reply #863 on: 28 December 2017, 22:32:24 »
I was specifically referring to the RAT, sorry. I meant does it do a fair job regarding rarity/availability, based on location/faction/date, etc

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #864 on: 28 December 2017, 22:38:03 »
 Yeah it does a pretty good job. I played around with moving XTOL RAT off the top slot a few times when running my SLDF campaign and I seem to have gotten much better equipment hitting the market. Even a few Royal's hit the market every now and then.

But overall, it does a good job.

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #865 on: 29 December 2017, 02:35:04 »
"This part is not currently available to your unit."

D-Rated mercs in 3025 with a regular Logistical Admin.  The part I can't get?  Standard armor...  I'm also still in an 80% Salvage(Exchange) contract which doesn't help...

Any better plans possible here to get armor to fix my mechs other than finding a Vehicle tech, buying cheapish vehicles and stripping those at this point?

Baktru

• Recruit
« Reply #866 on: 29 December 2017, 03:40:01 »
And too late for my poor Wolverine...

Code: [Select]
   SRM 6 at Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath); needs 8, rolls 9 : 4 missile(s) hit.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) takes 2 damage to LT.
             10 Internal Structure remaining.
            Critical hit on LT. Roll is 10; 2 locations.
            CRITICAL HIT on +SRM 6.
            CRITICAL HIT on SRM 6 Ammo (8).
            *** SRM 6 Ammo EXPLODES!  96 DAMAGE! ***
                >Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) suffers catastrophic damage, but the autoeject system was engaged.

Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) must make a piloting skill check (landing in clear terrain).
            Needs 3 [4 (ejecting) + 1 (automatic ejection) - 2 (landing in clear terrain)], rolls 8 : succeeds.
                    The pilot ejects safely!
        *** Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) DESTROYED by ejection! ***
        *** MechWarrior Januari Wanvik (Lyran Commonwealth) was trapped in the wreckage. ***
                Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) takes 96 damage to LT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
        LIMB BLOWN OFF Left Arm blown off.
                86 damage transfers to CT.
                    Critical hit on LT.         Roll is 8;         1 location.
                    CRITICAL HIT on +SRM 6.
                Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) takes 86 damage to CT.
                     SECTION DESTROYED.
                Wolverine WVR-6R (Shakira's Wrath) has taken 6 engine hits this phase.
                Checking for engine explosion on 10, roll is 11.
                ***The safety systems on the engine fail catastrophically resulting in a cascading engine failure!
[code]

Southernskies

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #867 on: 29 December 2017, 05:34:10 »
"This part is not currently available to your unit."

D-Rated mercs in 3025 with a regular Logistical Admin.  The part I can't get?  Standard armor...  I'm also still in an 80% Salvage(Exchange) contract which doesn't help...

Any better plans possible here to get armor to fix my mechs other than finding a Vehicle tech, buying cheapish vehicles and stripping those at this point?
Check your contract.  Some contracts don't allow purchase of ANY parts (Guerilla warfare and a few others)

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #868 on: 29 December 2017, 07:10:14 »
 Combat contracts, haul in mucho ammo and supplies with you. Nothing worse than having your heavy hitters sidelined due to damage or no ammo.

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #869 on: 31 December 2017, 00:00:32 »
I was specifically referring to the RAT, sorry. I meant does it do a fair job regarding rarity/availability, based on location/faction/date, etc
It doesn't do well in the early Age of War era due to lack of units to work with.

Register