Author Topic: World of Warships Beta  (Read 158132 times)

Aokarasu

• Captain
  • Commander, Musei Yuuchi
Re: World of Warships Beta
« Reply #840 on: 07 June 2017, 04:03:12 »

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #841 on: 07 June 2017, 05:12:18 »
I'm nearly there but not quite...

There's a thread on FB with a sneak peak at a Nelson class RN Battleship but no idea about tier from the data provided

She does look pretty though

I'm also curious about what tier the Enterprise will end up as
Kinda wonder whether it will be a premium at tier 7 or 8.  Doesn't really matter, i wants it.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #842 on: 07 June 2017, 07:06:55 »
Tier 8 for Big E. Kaga is OP when she's Top Tier and you don't have Atlanta on your team. Her wing melts away when she's bottom tier though.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #843 on: 07 June 2017, 07:49:56 »
I only play German and Japanese ships when I got them free and don't have any Russian ones
I quite like the fast French light cruisers but mostly try to work on American and British lines but don't have any premium American ships and the Campbletown is often excluded from events and things as a mere Tier III

Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #844 on: 07 June 2017, 10:59:43 »
I only play German and Japanese ships when I got them free and don't have any Russian ones
I quite like the fast French light cruisers but mostly try to work on American and British lines but don't have any premium American ships and the Campbletown is often excluded from events and things as a mere Tier III
Warspite is a gudbote.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #845 on: 08 June 2017, 09:14:14 »
Warspite is a gudbote.

I love my Warspite

I failed to get my Bismark for free  :'(

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #846 on: 08 June 2017, 10:47:28 »

I love my Warspite

I failed to get my Bismark for free  :'(
yeah I didn't get enough badges for the camos. I would, eventually, got to the Bismark in the regular tree.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #847 on: 08 June 2017, 11:17:12 »
yeah I didn't get enough badges for the camos. I would, eventually, got to the Bismark in the regular tree.
The normal camo is pretty nice.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #848 on: 09 June 2017, 16:04:56 »
I have to say I am loving the new Operations game mode.  It isn't easy to the point I think it could be dialed down a little in difficulty but not enough to be a deal breaker.  Ship selection is important and team work is a must.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #849 on: 10 June 2017, 00:48:30 »
I have to say I am loving the new Operations game mode.  It isn't easy to the point I think it could be dialed down a little in difficulty but not enough to be a deal breaker.  Ship selection is important and team work is a must.

Agreed. The Mighty Jingles provides a nice overview and commentary on it.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #850 on: 10 June 2017, 01:08:14 »
I find myself in agreement with him too.  Maybe the Minekaze or Kamikaze R might reload their torpedoes fast enough but yeah I wouldn't want to take a Fubuki, Mutsuki or Hatsuharu into the current operation.  Farragut is a bit iffy as it is too frail.  Nicholas might actually be a better choice because it is tougher.  I've also tried Gaede and it's 150mm guns proved reasonably effective.

But if I had to pick ships that would absolutely dominate the current operation I would have to say it is the UK Cruisers.  Emerald, Leander, and Perth with their built in smoke screens and heals mean they can just hang in there longer.

Worst ship I've taken though is actually the Graf Spee.  It's guns are just too slow, few, and inaccurate for how many enemies show up.

I only have my Argpeggio BBs to take in but they might do well thanks to their speed more than anything else.

CV I think you can actually get away with strike load outs even for the US CVs.  Depends on what kind of agility and AA your team has.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #851 on: 10 June 2017, 02:31:40 »
The Nelson is gonna be tier 7 and the KGV is gonna be tier 8.  The Lion's at tier 9 and there's some paper ship that looks like a Lion but has 17.5 inch guns in four twin mounts at tier 10. 

The KGV is going to have two gun options, the stock hull has 10 x 14-inch guns, and so far the B hull has 10 x 15-inch guns (even though the plan was to give her 9 x 15-inch in 3 triples instead of two quads and one twin).

There's two vids of them here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg-2QFfnLBg&t=913s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlbTlIVeQQ&t=767s

They seem to be very tanky, but we'll have to see how they perform in game I guess.  Both Nelrod and KGV have the Hoods wierd fuse detonator so they go off earlier and bite into armour a bit easier.  AA on both is very heavy but its also only really heavy at damn short range so good against dive bombers but less so against Torpedo bombers.  Secondaries are average. 
« Last Edit: 10 June 2017, 02:44:32 by marauder648 »
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #852 on: 16 June 2017, 14:18:36 »
New operation is definitely easier than the last one.  Took my Cleveland in and despite getting too aggressive toward the end and getting sunk team still pulled off a 2 star victory.

DDs are more useful, especially toward the end of this operation.

I disagree a bit with Jingles about how much you need good AA cruisers or ones that have the Defensive Fire cool down because if you have a decent CV hunter on your team the enemy CVs are low enough tier that they die rather quickly.

I don't think there is a ship you can really go wrong with as a result.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #853 on: 16 June 2017, 15:38:49 »
New operation is definitely easier than the last one.  Took my Cleveland in and despite getting too aggressive toward the end and getting sunk team still pulled off a 2 star victory.

DDs are more useful, especially toward the end of this operation.

I disagree a bit with Jingles about how much you need good AA cruisers or ones that have the Defensive Fire cool down because if you have a decent CV hunter on your team the enemy CVs are low enough tier that they die rather quickly.

I don't think there is a ship you can really go wrong with as a result.

Agree - the first Operation was too tough, I've only had one go at this latest one and found the Leander well suited to it with guns, healing and torpedoes

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #854 on: 17 June 2017, 21:31:17 »

Agree - the first Operation was too tough, I've only had one go at this latest one and found the Leander well suited to it with guns, healing and torpedoes

It was mainly challenging if you were stuck with people that had no concept of teamwork.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #855 on: 17 June 2017, 22:05:05 »
Only thing I'd change about the last operation is to make sure no tier 9s spawned in.  8 is fine.  9 is a tad much even for some above average team work for tier 6s.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #856 on: 22 June 2017, 23:01:16 »
So Operation Killer Whale...

It is probably the easiest yet while still also being the most difficult.

Mostly because teams don't always understand they need to actually run away and not try and stay and out fight everything.

This operation is probably actually the most tier 5 friendly as the issues I had when I took in Kongo were more me having trouble calculating lead on targets correctly and I've seen some Omahas do really well.  Heck even the Graf Spee has finally come somewhat good.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #857 on: 23 June 2017, 05:14:37 »
I need to give these a try.  Haven't had the time so maybe this weekend.

Aokarasu

• Captain
« Reply #858 on: 23 June 2017, 06:32:07 »
So Operation Killer Whale...

It is probably the easiest yet while still also being the most difficult.

Mostly because teams don't always understand they need to actually run away and not try and stay and out fight everything.

This operation is probably actually the most tier 5 friendly as the issues I had when I took in Kongo were more me having trouble calculating lead on targets correctly and I've seen some Omahas do really well.  Heck even the Graf Spee has finally come somewhat good.

Destroying the base and its associated ships isn't difficult. I think doing all of that and still having time to sink the reinforcements to complete the secondary objectives is, at least s far in my experience.

For those that haven't done it, and are planning on taking in a CV - be forewarned, the shore batteries have fairly decent AA. You will lose planes, especially if you fly them within range of multiple batteries. (Spoilers: I found that out the very hard way.)

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #859 on: 23 June 2017, 07:06:28 »
I need to give these a try.  Haven't had the time so maybe this weekend.
Should have started earlier. This week's Operation (Killer Whale) 4 star reward is a 10 skill point captain for the KM.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #860 on: 23 June 2017, 11:01:11 »
For quick reference on the Operations; https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pilot-episode/
List objectives and rewards (4 stars are 10pts captain). To get to the previous operations, you need to join a division and then I dunno what comes after that.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #861 on: 12 July 2017, 22:54:52 »
So I've decided since all these operations are tier 5-6 only I'd go ahead and use a bunch of my spare slots to get all non-Russian tier 6 cruisers(might eventually get New Mexico, Fuso, and Bayern as well when I build back up a bit more money).

Which has lead to me breaking out my Yubari to train up an Aoba captain and I've been racking up some rather high scoring games here and there with it.  Of course more often I do very little and I almost never actually get to use it's AA but still been doing rather well with it overall.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #862 on: 13 July 2017, 05:24:02 »
I have been without broadband internet access at home for the last 10 days or so and am suffering quite significant withdrawal symptoms from World of Warships

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #863 on: 13 July 2017, 05:47:20 »
Let's see if i can finally post.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #864 on: 13 July 2017, 05:51:34 »
So I've decided since all these operations are tier 5-6 only I'd go ahead and use a bunch of my spare slots to get all non-Russian tier 6 cruisers(might eventually get New Mexico, Fuso, and Bayern as well when I build back up a bit more money).

Which has lead to me breaking out my Yubari to train up an Aoba captain and I've been racking up some rather high scoring games here and there with it.  Of course more often I do very little and I almost never actually get to use it's AA but still been doing rather well with it overall.
Bayern is a ton of fun except for the gun accuracy.  She does seem to eat pens a bit differently than the New Mex.  Cleveland, the Buddy and Nurnberg are lots of fun still.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #865 on: 13 July 2017, 06:00:57 »
Warspite and the RN's cruiser (name escapes me right this moment) are fun and I am looking forward to getting my hands on HMS Gallant (even if it should have been Glowworm)

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #866 on: 13 July 2017, 06:05:11 »
Warspite and the RN's cruiser (name escapes me right this moment) are fun and I am looking forward to getting my hands on HMS Gallant (even if it should have been Glowworm)
Need to see the stats on the DD before i decide on that.  Warspite is tons of fun, accurate, tanky and turns pretty well.

Hopefully the QE isn't too different when it comes out.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #867 on: 13 July 2017, 06:09:07 »
Need to see the stats on the DD before i decide on that.  Warspite is tons of fun, accurate, tanky and turns pretty well.

Hopefully the QE isn't too different when it comes out.

I focus on RN and USN (and a bit of French) apart from some other ships I got for free and really want something to run around in that is fast and fun and torpedo-ey as the USN DDs at that sort of tier are disappointing due to their short torpedo range

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #868 on: 13 July 2017, 09:30:23 »
I refuse to use the Russian ships(any of them).

For the operations though yeah Leander is pretty good thanks to it's heals and smoke but the lack of AA can be an issue at times.

Emerald can work fairly well too since it also has heals and smoke but the lack of firepower and being only tier 5 does make her a less optimal choice.

Cleveland is pretty solid choice for any of them.

Nurn is a bit iffy in a couple but it can perform.

Graf Spee is the most iffy but works fairly well in Operation Killer Whale.

Aoba I still need to take into the operations.

The tier 6 French cruiser I can't spell is interesting mostly because of it's speed boost but the raw speed of Emile despite tier 5 I think actually makes it a better choice.

I've managed to put in some pretty good runs with my strike Ryujo.

Independence is less well suited for operations.  Balanced doesn't have enough strike power and superiority is even worse.  Strike leaves you without fighter cover and every operation I've seen a need for fighter cover.

Only BB I've tried so far has been ARP Hiei in Operation Killer Whale.  The speed of the Kongo does a lot to recommend it for other operations too.

DDs are a bit situational.

I do look forward to the British BBs and DDs.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #869 on: 13 July 2017, 10:18:05 »
I don't like Emerald and won't use her

Register