Author Topic: World of Warships Beta  (Read 158132 times)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
Re: World of Warships Beta
« Reply #900 on: 21 July 2017, 05:15:02 »
Update on Gallant - nice ship, shame about the lack of AAA which is a pisser in the OPERATION DYNAMO game where bombers are a major feature  :'(
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #901 on: 13 August 2017, 11:03:33 »
I keep getting so close but failing to complete the last stage of the current British Battleship themed mission.

Getting a tad frustrating.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #902 on: 13 August 2017, 11:17:28 »
I keep getting so close but failing to complete the last stage of the current British Battleship themed mission.

Getting a tad frustrating.

I've got my Iron Duke flag, I'm happy
I'm struggling to get 10 kills even playing the bot  :'(

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #903 on: 13 August 2017, 11:34:26 »
Perhaps we could division up or something.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #904 on: 13 August 2017, 11:41:06 »
I won't be back on until later today but feel free to hit me up as well.  Same name in game as here.  I got something at every tier from 2 to 8 and I know how to not fail division.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #905 on: 13 August 2017, 11:43:29 »
That's going to be higher tier BB territory.  Hmmm.... plenty of play time for the Bama and North Carolina today.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #906 on: 13 August 2017, 12:22:05 »
Well if anyone wants to div up, PM me and i'll drop you my name.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #907 on: 14 August 2017, 21:44:58 »
And I finally pulled it off in my New Mexico.

The bad/good part is I nearly emptied the coffers to get Fuso, New Mexico, Aoba, The Glassy One(what I call the French tier 6 since I can never spell it) and Leander back so I could have a ship for every weekly operation but now I'm now comfortable back in the black.

Probably won't get Hatsuharu or Fubuki back though because there don't seem to be any good weekly operations for them.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #908 on: 15 August 2017, 14:00:42 »
So Jingles has his British tier 3, 4, 5, 6 preview up.

The look interesting to be sure.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #909 on: 15 August 2017, 15:25:06 »
So Jingles has his British tier 3, 4, 5, 6 preview up.

The look interesting to be sure.
I'm excited.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #910 on: 15 August 2017, 17:20:39 »
Thanks for the link/pointer - good video and I don't normally watch YouTube videos

I'm looking forward to Tier III and Tier IV but will try to skip V and VI to shoot through to VII if I can. I'm also wondering how much Nelson will be as a special as she is such an awkward looking beast.

DisGruntled_kbd

• Corporal
« Reply #911 on: 15 August 2017, 19:10:13 »
The Armored Patrol has the Nelson at 375k free xp.

Make sure to try and do at least the first three parts of the British preview campaign.  This weeks gives you the T3 BB, next the T4, and the last the T5 for free.  All these missions can be done in co-op, random, and ranked to make particulars easy.  Torpedoing an AI Tirpitz made it a one shot for that part of the third mission in Co-op.  (you can always have a friend go in a bb for your dd/cruiser if you don't have the Derpitz)

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #912 on: 16 August 2017, 04:11:23 »
The Armored Patrol has the Nelson at 375k free xp.

Make sure to try and do at least the first three parts of the British preview campaign.  This weeks gives you the T3 BB, next the T4, and the last the T5 for free.  All these missions can be done in co-op, random, and ranked to make particulars easy.  Torpedoing an AI Tirpitz made it a one shot for that part of the third mission in Co-op.  (you can always have a friend go in a bb for your dd/cruiser if you don't have the Derpitz)

Not sure they are on the European server - I'm only being told I will get Crates for completing the first of the Fish & Ships ones  :'(

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #913 on: 16 August 2017, 04:59:51 »
I'm waiting for the 2nd batch of missions to come out, i've got the Bellerophon and the Orion is up next :)

I've got nearly 324k exp waiting to convert when the RN does come out and i'll keep working on getting as much as I can.  Certianlly getting the Orion and maybe the Iron Duke will help.  But how do you get ribbons?
« Last Edit: 16 August 2017, 06:00:24 by marauder648 »

DisGruntled_kbd

• Corporal
« Reply #914 on: 16 August 2017, 07:29:05 »
Ribbons are the icons up in the top right.  Get a shell hit get a ribbon. Set a fire, flood, secondary hits, defense points or a capping a point are all ribbons.   High rate of fire ships or BBs like the Bismark with good secondaries really rack up the ribbons.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #915 on: 16 August 2017, 07:38:34 »
Ribbons are the icons up in the top right.  Get a shell hit get a ribbon. Set a fire, flood, secondary hits, defense points or a capping a point are all ribbons.   High rate of fire ships or BBs like the Bismark with good secondaries really rack up the ribbons.

Ah hah! Time to break out the Atlanta then :p

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #916 on: 16 August 2017, 12:24:06 »
RN BBs summary

General:
*Improved HE penetration 1/4
*Short AP fuse time - Less likely to get citadel hits on other battleships, more likely to have more penetration hits when normally they would be overpenetrations. Cruisers are most affect by this.
*Repair Party - very like the RN Cruiser

Tier 3-6
Bow tanking

Tier 7-10
Better Concealment

Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #917 on: 23 August 2017, 19:12:25 »
Got the HMS Nelson.  Loving it so far.  She does eat pens like it's her job.  The AP is glorious, the HE is very very nice.  Secondaries are ok, AA is ok.  She is slow, tall and fat so you'll eat lots of HE.  I did spec more towards damage control to help deal with the fires.  Damage wise, the last game was pretty typical, 115k damage, bunch of citadels, a fire or three and a couple of kills.  Just don't yolo.  The pen damage will bury you quickly is your all by yourself.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #918 on: 23 August 2017, 21:41:28 »
You forgot to mention her zombie-like repair party. That more or less make up for her "squishiness" as a battleship. Also, the AP on her suck compared to other battleships of her tier, HE performs much better on her.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #919 on: 24 August 2017, 02:09:39 »
Got the HMS Nelson.  Loving it so far.  She does eat pens like it's her job.  The AP is glorious, the HE is very very nice.  Secondaries are ok, AA is ok.  She is slow, tall and fat so you'll eat lots of HE.  I did spec more towards damage control to help deal with the fires.  Damage wise, the last game was pretty typical, 115k damage, bunch of citadels, a fire or three and a couple of kills.  Just don't yolo.  The pen damage will bury you quickly is your all by yourself.

You forgot to mention her zombie-like repair party. That more or less make up for her "squishiness" as a battleship. Also, the AP on her suck compared to other battleships of her tier, HE performs much better on her.

Haven't played her yet but she's going to cost me quite a lot of cold hard real money

In terms of the AP sucking, I think that is historically accurate - the 16" guns were an experiment of a different balance of weight of shell versus velocity of projectile to the normal British practice (eg for the 15" guns)

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #920 on: 24 August 2017, 05:16:41 »
Haven't had issues with her AP yet.  The HE has been great, but I've been spanking ships with the Ap and haven't really noticed any performance problems vs other ships i have played.  You shouldn't be using the AP against angled targets, the're usually a target more deserving of AP.  Although the dispersion is rather pathetic at range.  That Zombie heal has come into play once when i let two fires burn down with no loss of HP after i used the heal.  Otherwise the heal seems to work just like the rest for citadels and such.

Haven't played her yet but she's going to cost me quite a lot of cold hard real money

In terms of the AP sucking, I think that is historically accurate - the 16" guns were an experiment of a different balance of weight of shell versus velocity of projectile to the normal British practice (eg for the 15" guns)
I did have to get some doubloons to get the last bit of freexp to get her.  Didn't want to wait. 

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #921 on: 24 August 2017, 05:43:19 »

They didn't suck but you're right :) The RN went for the German approach with the 16-inchers on the Nelrods.  They were 'light' shells for the size of them and higher velocity than the 15-inch rounds.  This unfortunately didn't get the results they wanted, and the 16-inchers had a reputation for being rather inaccurate and with high barrel wear and their performance wasn't massively superior to the 15-inch in terms of armour penetration either.  If there had been the money available the RN was looking at producing a more traditional, heavier, lower velocity round but the money was never made available.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #922 on: 26 August 2017, 08:57:57 »
Buyers beware; Do not get Graf Zeppelin unless you're willing to have her be a Port Queen until they finish her.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #923 on: 26 August 2017, 09:19:17 »
Yeah I just watched ichase's video on her.

It really does look terrible.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
« Reply #924 on: 26 August 2017, 15:43:33 »
I went wild and got myself Nelson and Saipan

Happy

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #925 on: 27 August 2017, 02:37:39 »
I managed to do my missions to get the Iron Duck (fear her 13.5-inch quacks!), and i've now got 400,000 odd free XP sitting there going "spend me..."

DisGruntled_kbd

• Corporal
« Reply #926 on: 27 August 2017, 10:15:50 »
Be strong and hold out for the Missouri.  It's what I'm trying to do.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #927 on: 27 August 2017, 10:30:41 »
I managed to do my missions to get the Iron Duck (fear her 13.5-inch quacks!), and i've now got 400,000 odd free XP sitting there going "spend me..."
Missouri is better.  The Ap is less finicky and it doesn't get bow penned by EVERYTHING.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #928 on: 28 August 2017, 10:54:39 »
If you want a great credit earner, wait for Missouri. If you like Nelson's history and her heal and HE quirks (along with an all forward main battery and an easily penned bow), get her.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #929 on: 30 August 2017, 01:35:20 »
I'm saving my free XP for the RN battleships, i've got the three flags to give me the Bellerephon, Orion and Iron Duke and then I can splurge my free XP on the Queen Elisabeth, KGV and friends.

Register