Author Topic: Another Mech of the week! EMP-XX Emperor (More!? YOU WANT MORE!?)  (Read 5244 times)

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Captain
Re: Another Mech of the week! EMP-XX Emperor (More!? YOU WANT MORE!?)
« Reply #30 on: 12 April 2016, 08:14:50 »
Holy hell...I think I wrote this! At least the original, if it's been changed. That was like a decade ago.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, not these specific words, but the original TRO. I've long lamented the fact that I did a writeup for a Clan I didn't actually pay much attention to. It'd be rad as hell if something cool ended up coming of it.
I'm glad you spoke up. I tried looking up the nickname they had in RS:UM, but I didn't find it on here.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Diplominator

• Lieutenant
  • Tactful Tactician
« Reply #31 on: 12 April 2016, 20:38:02 »
I'm glad you spoke up. I tried looking up the nickname they had in RS:UM, but I didn't find it on here.

Yeah, I was bouncing between nicknames back then. Settled on Diplominator a little after RS:UM, much to my chagrin.

Thanks for using Nerran!

Sjhernan3060

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #32 on: 06 September 2017, 22:55:14 »
****** I love the Scorps. I swear, I'm buying this product the moment it drops.

Same! Do we think we will see the primitive emperor get a mini? I like that art much better!

Luciora

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 08 September 2017, 03:04:54 »
I'd help fan fund it too.

Same! Do we think we will see the primitive emperor get a mini? I like that art much better!

Sjhernan3060

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #34 on: 08 September 2017, 05:29:05 »
 [drool]

THUD

• Master Sergeant
Re: Another Mech of the week! EM-XX Emperor (More!? YOU WANT MORE!?)
« Reply #35 on: 08 September 2017, 11:27:41 »
I might be in the minority here, but I really like the EMP-6M. I've found that it's a great unit to match up with the other legions of Light Gauss/ER Large Laser FWL assault 'Mechs. Its ability to overheat and charge up that TSM on a dime makes it a real menace and a very interesting bodyguard.

I thought I was the only person who loved LGRs. Every time I mention them people pile on about how they suck. Maybe we can form a support group?   [blank]

Sabelkatten

• Major
Re: Another Mech of the week! EM-XX Emperor (More!? YOU WANT MORE!?)
« Reply #36 on: 08 September 2017, 19:53:56 »
I thought I was the only person who loved LGRs. Every time I mention them people pile on about how they suck. Maybe we can form a support group?   [blank]
Not going to join a support group, but I agree the LGR is way underrated. An AC/5 it isn't! While it's not as good as the standard GR the extra range and lower weight does make it quite a decent gun.

Nightsong

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 09 September 2017, 00:56:08 »
I like LGRs too. They make fun refits for old-tech 'Mechs or Vehicles with AC/10s if you're needing fire support. I rather like a CN9-A using that refit in a pinch. Only reason I don't actually use them is because I don't play FWL or WOB and nobody else really uses it.

Register