Author Topic: Battletech Long Island  (Read 162535 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island
« Reply #1320 on: 11 January 2018, 13:54:34 »
Mission 35

Intel has a Black Dragon convoy moving in the area of Stonehaven, you are to stop this convoy. you may have other convoys in this area.

We do not know what is in the convoy so we want you to take as much as you can of the convoy intact.

You now have new marching orders. You will move out with four (4) units from your command. One (1) each Mech, armor and infantry. The last is your choice. You will also have one (1) unit on ready five for this mission.

The AO has hills, light woods, roads and a river.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1321 on: 11 January 2018, 16:59:01 »
Jim just what are you picking up?
so far you have the Piranha, Pegasus MRM, the Buffalo, 4 hover bikes and 6 tons of MRM ammo.
this is 9,819,953 in toys, you only have 6,411,818 in the bank.
I was under the impression that I had more.  Here is my understanding:
12/2016- 6,500,000C in the bank (I don't remember the details, but I have notes that show 5,000,000C plus 1,500,000C.  Clan salvage could be part of that.)
1/29/2017- 4,000,000C added to the bank for a total of 10,500,000C
12/15/2017- 800,000 added to the bank for a total of 11,300,000C.  90,000C added for salvage shared with Dave for a total of 11,390,000C.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1322 on: 11 January 2018, 17:20:42 »
I was under the impression that I had more.  Here is my understanding:
12/2016- 6,500,000C in the bank (I don't remember the details, but I have notes that show 5,000,000C plus 1,500,000C.  Clan salvage could be part of that.)
1/29/2017- 4,000,000C added to the bank for a total of 10,500,000C
12/15/2017- 800,000 added to the bank for a total of 11,300,000C.  90,000C added for salvage shared with Dave for a total of 11,390,000C.

Look at the sheet I gave you last month. You are missing things you got.over that time.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1323 on: 11 January 2018, 17:29:38 »
I looked through everything again.  Which things are you talking about?

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1324 on: 11 January 2018, 17:43:45 »
Dave
you had 11,768,750 in the bank after the salvage. after the toys you have 3,011,830.

I was not aware of that, and I was going by the last expense sheet you gave me.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Questions: 1) When do I actually get the stuff that I bought from Metalstorm or do I just haul it off the Dropship after buying it?
                 2) Did Chris ever read the message Euron left for Kiah?  If so, is she going to take my suggestion?

Dave

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1325 on: 11 January 2018, 17:44:17 »
I looked through everything again.  Which things are you talking about?

I will post you bank when I get home

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1326 on: 11 January 2018, 17:53:01 »
If something has to go, I'll drop the Pegasus and ammo.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1327 on: 11 January 2018, 18:01:18 »
I was not aware of that, and I was going by the last expense sheet you gave me.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Questions: 1) When do I actually get the stuff that I bought from Metalstorm or do I just haul it off the Dropship after buying it?
                 2) Did Chris ever read the message Euron left for Kiah?  If so, is she going to take my suggestion?

Dave

You may have mixed sheets as I gave out 2 sets close to each other. Nice to have more then you think  ;)
The items you asked for were on the dropship. You can take them at the time you paid for the. You can have someone ship them to your base.

You have to ask her.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1328 on: 11 January 2018, 18:19:51 »
If something has to go, I'll drop the Pegasus and ammo.

That I can do

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1329 on: 11 January 2018, 20:37:29 »
Eilidhdawn, a little something to consider: http://run2damoon.tumblr.com/post/168365770493/europas-creatures-gojkovic-design-bureau

as someone who actually owns boats please dont ... lol

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1330 on: 11 January 2018, 22:00:56 »
Private Line Communication
To: Major Kiah Franks

Based on most recent revelations, I believe we may need to review the bios and histories of all personnel we have hired from the native population.  Given the secretive nature of our adversaries, we may be harboring enemy agents within our midst and not even know it.  As I have no Capellan personnel trained in Maskirovka-style tactics within my unit, I would like to ask if any of your people have any connections to Loki (or who are former agents of the organization) who could assist in ferreting out any infiltrators.  Failing that, I would like petition the governor's husband if he can spare any former or current ISF agents for certain "inquisitive" purposes.  We need to make sure our people are, in fact, on our side and not working for the enemy.

Secondly, I have been informed by Tristan Botley (Lorren's father and the head of the Botley family) that his second son, Tristifer (Lorren's younger brother) is coming out to Nejiro to join the Ironborn.  He will be arriving likely in mid-February with his own machine, a 'Mech of currently unknown type and tonnage.  Tristan couldn't give me the details, but the Ironborn will soon have a new mechwarrior on-planet.  I may also be calling up a member of my own family soon given my purchase of a Falcon Hawk 'Mech from Metalstorm.  I will keep you informed of developments as they happen.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger!

Euron Greyjoy
To: Colonel Euron Greyjoy

re: review the bios and histories of all personnel we have hired from the native population
i concur we should have this done at all bases and any such personnel should be confirmed to have very limited access to any offices and rooms that may have secure material if it is not already done.

i also suggest that all bases be swept for bugging devices on a more frequent bases if it is not already being done by the other commanders.

all outside hired personnel should be placed under covert observation at each base as soon as possible if we continue to act normal around the hired personnel as we do more extensive security checks while watching them more closely we may be able to spot any questionable behavior more readily.

as to the arrival of your additional personnel i wish to convey congratulations to you and hope that thier arrival comes timely.   

Kiah Franks

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1331 on: 11 January 2018, 22:18:26 »
Mission 35

Intel has a Black Dragon convoy moving in the area of Stonehaven, you are to stop this convoy. you may have other convoys in this area.

We do not know what is in the convoy so we want you to take as much as you can of the convoy intact.

You now have new marching orders. You will move out with four (4) units from your command. One (1) each Mech, armor and infantry. The last is your choice. You will also have one (1) unit on ready five for this mission.

The AO has hills, light woods, roads and a river.

is there anyway we can utilize some transports to set concrete barriers on the roads to set up temporary secure road blocks and drop us by them so that all convoys in the area have to stop for inspection? just trying to think outside the box and come up with something we have not yet tried.

also will we all be coming in on the same edge or different ones due to coming from our different bases?

i am thinking of bringing in a Maxim, Manteuffel, Archer, and Tarantula and my ready 5 will be my Wolverine

what do you guys think?
« Last Edit: 11 January 2018, 22:53:13 by Devondra »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1332 on: 11 January 2018, 22:40:04 »
Actually Anthony, did you remember to subtract the 1,620,000 C-Bills I paid for the MG-armed Fa Shih BA squad I bought to replace the flamer guys who blew themselves up?  That may be where the discrepancy between your notes and mine happened.

Dave

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1333 on: 12 January 2018, 02:51:26 »
Actually Anthony, did you remember to subtract the 1,620,000 C-Bills I paid for the MG-armed Fa Shih BA squad I bought to replace the flamer guys who blew themselves up?  That may be where the discrepancy between your notes and mine happened.

Dave

yes that I did miss  #P

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1334 on: 12 January 2018, 03:49:53 »
is there anyway we can utilize some transports to set concrete barriers on the roads to set up temporary secure road blocks and drop us by them so that all convoys in the area have to stop for inspection? just trying to think outside the box and come up with something we have not yet tried.

Yes you can.

also will we all be coming in on the same edge or different ones due to coming from our different bases?

you all will be entering from different edges.

you will enter from the north.
IronBornGrayjoy, Crash and Obnoxious Twerp will be entering from the south.
Jim from the west.

i am thinking of bringing in a Maxim, Manteuffel, Archer, and Tarantula and my ready 5 will be my Wolverine

what do you guys think?

me I would have an armored unit as ready 5 so to keep the extra mech home just in case someone starts something in that area. but that is just my 2 C-Bills worth  >:D
« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 03:51:28 by shadhawk »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1335 on: 12 January 2018, 15:22:35 »
To: Major Kiah Franks

Based on most recent revelations, I believe we may need to review the bios and histories of all personnel we have hired from the native population.  Given the secretive nature of our adversaries, we may be harboring enemy agents within our midst and not even know it.  As I have no Capellan personnel trained in Maskirovka-style tactics within my unit, I would like to ask if any of your people have any connections to Loki (or who are former agents of the organization) who could assist in ferreting out any infiltrators.  Failing that, I would like petition the governor's husband if he can spare any former or current ISF agents for certain "inquisitive" purposes.  We need to make sure our people are, in fact, on our side and not working for the enemy.

Secondly, I have been informed by Tristan Botley (Lorren's father and the head of the Botley family) that his second son, Tristifer (Lorren's younger brother) is coming out to Nejiro to join the Ironborn.  He will be arriving likely in mid-February with his own machine, a 'Mech of currently unknown type and tonnage.  Tristan couldn't give me the details, but the Ironborn will soon have a new mechwarrior on-planet.  I may also be calling up a member of my own family soon given my purchase of a Falcon Hawk 'Mech from Metalstorm.  I will keep you informed of developments as they happen.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger!

Euron Greyjoy

There are ISF Agents on planet, the DCA has an Embassy, but they do not work for the Governor or her government. There are several intelligence organizations on planet. Please use due diligence.

« Last Edit: 12 January 2018, 15:37:34 by eilidhdawn »

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1336 on: 12 January 2018, 15:33:17 »

as someone who actually owns boats please dont ... lol

Too late.... muwah ha ha

Although as a river dweller your biggest issues are snakes and alligators, and some large predatory fish. The very large predators are usually deep ocean dwelling, with some species of sharks and orca coming near oceanside beaches for prey

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1337 on: 13 January 2018, 17:55:17 »
[Yes you can.]

can i then request information on the number of roads so we can arrange for the blockades we need

[me I would have an armored unit as ready 5 so to keep the extra mech home just in case someone starts something in that area. but that is just my 2 C-Bills worth  >:D]

ok i have changed my mind i will leave the tarantula home and bring my Locust and instead of my wolverine i will have my striker be my ready 5 

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1338 on: 14 January 2018, 15:38:11 »
Should we bring a heavy mech on this one?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1339 on: 14 January 2018, 19:09:08 »
Should we bring a heavy mech on this one?

You can bring what you want.
Devondra has her Archer in for her force so that is one heave in the mix.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1340 on: 14 January 2018, 19:13:05 »
On the road thing you will have one major road ... 2 inch wide and 2 smaller roads ... 1 inch wide. Each road will have intersections at different points.
I an not setting up beforehand as my table is in use.

Devondra

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1341 on: 16 January 2018, 03:38:27 »
we should be able to set up nicely on three roads just remember everyone they maybe other traffic then our target so do not just start shooting, been there done that and do not recommend that mistake happen again :-\

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1342 on: 16 January 2018, 21:43:27 »
At least in part because I'm not interested in the enemy knowing what I've got before I get it all crewed out, I'm sending:

Sgt. Vinny Kowalski in the Saladin in Command
"Rash" Nomura with the Bandit-A
"Topcat" Hampton in the Maxim with a squad of battle armor
Talon Sgt. Hasagawa in the Wolfhound

My Ready 5 will be "Dusty" Rhodes in the VL-2T

(And Bully will be sitting in ops watching the feed and chewing his nails...)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1343 on: 16 January 2018, 22:55:39 »
At least in part because I'm not interested in the enemy knowing what I've got before I get it all crewed out, I'm sending:

We don't need your crews. Just the vehicles. We have our own crews. So just be a good bunch and park the by them crossroads and we will put them to good use.  >:D

Sgt. Vinny Kowalski in the Saladin in Command
"Rash" Nomura with the Bandit-A
"Topcat" Hampton in the Maxim with a squad of battle armor
Talon Sgt. Hasagawa in the Wolfhound

My Ready 5 will be "Dusty" Rhodes in the VL-2T

(And Bully will be sitting in ops watching the feed and chewing his nails...)

Any infantry or BA on the Bandit or is it running solo? It has 4 tons inside and can pack BA squad on the outside.

ObnoxiousTwerp

• Sergeant
« Reply #1344 on: 16 January 2018, 23:21:16 »
Hi,

I didn't think the Bandit had room for Infantry/BA with the PPC, but sure if I've got the room I'll put some inside.  If BA also goes on the outside I'll put a squad on the outside.
I'll take another look at things but wanted to let you know ahead of time.  I'm trying to be better about that :-)

Thanks-
John

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1345 on: 17 January 2018, 02:58:19 »
Hi,

I didn't think the Bandit had room for Infantry/BA with the PPC, but sure if I've got the room I'll put some inside.  If BA also goes on the outside I'll put a squad on the outside.
I'll take another look at things but wanted to let you know ahead of time.  I'm trying to be better about that :-)

Thanks-
John
All Bandit and Badger transports have room for infantry or battle Armor inside, they are infantry transports after all.
you can have a platoon of infantry or a squad of Battle Armor inside and a squad of Battle Armor on the outside. the fun of an omni vehicle, Battle Armor get to ride on them just like omni Mechs.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1346 on: 18 January 2018, 16:50:29 »
I think I'll go with my Griffin, Saladin, Karnov with elementals, and Hussar as ready-5.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1347 on: 19 January 2018, 02:36:20 »
I think I'll go with my Griffin, Saladin, Karnov with elementals, and Hussar as ready-5.

if you want to come in lite that is your call but you can have one more unit. the setup is 1-mech, 1-armor, 1-infantry and you pick the last. then you have your ready 5.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1348 on: 19 January 2018, 16:40:19 »
I'll add the Locust to my first line.  When will the Piranha be delivered?  I'd like my Locust pilot to train in that.
« Last Edit: 19 January 2018, 16:46:18 by jimdigris »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1349 on: 19 January 2018, 18:41:34 »
I'll add the Locust to my first line.  When will the Piranha be delivered?  I'd like my Locust pilot to train in that.

OK will add Locust to your force

It will be at you base after this mission

Register