Author Topic: (Answered) Minimum straight movement for Small Craft at low altitude  (Read 1289 times)

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
On p. 84 TW I can find rules for minimum straight movement in hexes for Fighters (both Aerospace and Conventional ones have their columns in the Straight Movement Table), Fixed-Wing Support Vehicles (twice the number of hexes moved by a Conventional Fighters), and Aerodyne DropShips.

Since Airships are treated for most purposes like Conventional Fighters (p. 84 TW), and can't travel at Velocity higher than 3 (p. 205 TW), I guess, that their minimum straight movement is always 1. Is that correct?

What are the minimum straight movement in hexes rules for Small Craft? I can't find them anywhere.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 11:10:40 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Aerodyne small craft should use the ASF table; spheroid small craft should be treated like spheroid DS.  This will be in the upcoming TW errata.

Airships do not have a minimum movement, as per TW p. 204 they can hover if they want.  Otherwise they're treated as aerodyne dropships.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
Since Airships don't have minimum movement, what are the rules for changing facing (or turning) by them? All Aerodyne units from Fighters to DropShips get a free facing change per minimum movement, and they can buy more for Thrust (plus some Special Maneuveres can change facing), but since Airships have no minimum movement, and can't perform Special Maneuveres, they need different rules for that, but I can't find those anywhere.
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 18:33:04 by Alfaryn »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Airships maneuver like Aerodyne Dropships (p. 80).  As such, they acquire 1 "free" facing change per hex moved (chart p. 84).  Airships cannot move faster than a velocity of 3, and spend 1 Thrust point to hover in place (p. 204).
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Alfaryn

• Master Sergeant
Ah... I missed that bit on p. 80. Looks like Airships don't stall if they don't move (if they can spend thrust to hoover), but Straight Movement Table on p. 84 applies to their movement normally. I just didn't know how to use it for Airships, since unlike all other airspace units Airships are not mentioned anywhere in the Facing Changes subsection on p. 84. How about adding them to the first sentence of that subsection, and changing headers of appropriate columns in the table to include Small Craft, and Airships where appropriate?
« Last Edit: 12 May 2017, 16:31:41 by Alfaryn »