Author Topic: Support Vehicle Calculator  (Read 7804 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Support Vehicle Calculator
« on: 18 July 2017, 22:06:41 »
Most Current Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FG8gbws9gKoMRzpG0AgNS75IFiY1s2MhotHH0uK9zSo/edit?usp=sharing

The sheet is set to view only. Inside the link, click file, and select "Make a Copy" to create your own version you can use.

You can use this link to make the spreadsheet usable offline: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375012?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Like my other calculators, green is cell that can have user input, light grey is a formula that you should leave alone. On this sheet Yellow is an important total.

It does not yet calculate BV2 or C-bill cost, but will in the future.

Like my other sheets, there is only so much I can do on a spreadsheet, and if you want to make legal designs, you will need to be familiar with the rules. I can't really restrict you from putting things on one chassis that shouldn't be there, and I wasn't able to set a minimum engine weight, due to the complexity of all the different possibly chassis and engine types. I am working on fixing the minimum engine weight problem, but anything else you will need to know the rules on.

Like the other ones you can select weapons and equipment in the dropdown menus, then assign the number of them, and then the location. You need to assign any turrets the vehicle has in the "Turrets" section at the top. It is large enough to accommodate even the largest of Large Naval Support Vehicles' maximum number of turrets. If you don't assign what turrets you have here it will mess up calculations in several places.

Unlike the other calculators, I figured out how to do a filter function on this one's weapon and equipment lists. You will see a filter box with a trio of dropdown menus. The first dropdown is a simple yes no, yes means you want to use the filter, no means you don't. You can select an option for each box, and the options will change in the third one depending on what you select in the second one. Because of these filters, as long as the rest of the line fills in with the right info, ignore any warnings that appear on the weapon name column. There are a lot of things you can filter for, but if you just want it to be the list of everything a support vehicle can equip, set the first dropdown to 'No'.

As always, please let me know if you find anything wrong with it. This hasn't had as much testing as my other sheets.

kato

• Captain
Re: Support Vehicle Calculator
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2017, 16:11:43 »
Question: Has anyone gotten it to work in OpenOffice?

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2017, 16:20:16 »
It will never ever ever work in open office. You use it in a browser. If you use chrome, you can even set it for use offline, but you just use a browser. One of the major reasons I use it over other spreadsheet programs is because of that: it has the absolutely easiest requirements out of all of them, you need no more software than a browser to use it.

kato

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2017, 00:55:00 »
The sheet apparently works in Excel once you let it attempt to "repair" Google Docs' .xslx output on loading. Problem is mostly of a technical nature - Google Docs in its export wraps every function call in xIUDF native calls for .xslx and can't handle its own defined namespace for .ods.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2017, 07:26:31 »
Also a lot of the formula I use don't work in excel, they would have to be set up entirely different there, so the sheet wouldn't work there anyway... or any other spreadsheet program that I am aware of.

Hptm. Streiger

• Lieutenant
  • 3d artist, spread sheet warrior, KTF
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2017, 01:16:07 »
Hey there great work....
this really helps a lot
(Recognized a small mistake you might need to check the Weight Values for the BAR 9-10 ratings in the Core)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2017, 17:29:08 »
Hey there great work....
this really helps a lot

Thanks!

(Recognized a small mistake you might need to check the Weight Values for the BAR 9-10 ratings in the Core)

Thanks for catching that, fixed now. Decimal place in the wrong spot.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2017, 12:46:44 »
THank you for the updates.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #8 on: 17 August 2018, 11:06:08 »
Does this work for large ships?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Siegfried Marcus

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 17 December 2018, 23:18:42 »
I love your spreadsheets Cryhavok101.  I've gotten good use out of an earlier one, and I'm just playing around with the upgrade.  I can't seem to find the plain old machine gun.  I tried turning off the filter, and I can find various arrays, light machine guns, etc., but I don't see the classic half-ton machine gun.
Here is my AU story set in the Free Rasalhague Republic.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=52953.0

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2018, 10:28:36 »
Awesome!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2019, 17:58:30 »
I'm pretty inactive on the forums these days, and I turned over all my spreadsheets to Alsadius, but since I am here and saw this, i figured I'd answer:

Does this work for large ships?

Yes, it should. I used it to create https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=60556.0 and https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=58006.0 among others.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #12 on: 08 January 2019, 18:29:43 »
Sorry to hear you've reduced your activity here... You've done some really good work!  :thumbsup:

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #13 on: 10 February 2019, 11:54:16 »
Seconded!
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman