Author Topic: A Solid Design: The Enforcer  (Read 11505 times)

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
A Solid Design: The Enforcer
« on: 28 July 2017, 11:52:47 »
Hello all,

I have actually been out of the game for a little while (college and work / life getting in the way) and am slowly coming back (as we all do). Anyways over the past month I have played six games and been more active here on the boards. Cutting to the chase I wanted to do a fast write up on one of my favorite mechs, and one that has been present in all of the games I have played recently sans one; The Enforcer ENF-4R. I don't want to get into a "mech of the week" article. But rather share my experience with its use, good pairings, and effective strategies for the mech. If you all would like to share your experiences and strategies that would be great!

The Enforcer is a proverbial brick. I greatly enjoy its use because of its varied, yet simple armament that works well. It has thick front armor, all of its weapons fire forward, it jumps, and it is relatively well sinked. My use of the Enforcer always pairs it with a buddy or multiples. While not my preferred mech for a "duelist" approach, the Enforcer works quite well as a wingman or member of a lance. For the base '25 era units I think it was quite well designed. It has two heat sinks padding its right torso ammo bin, with 10 rounds for the AC, other than that, nothing goes boom. Personally I like to have at least half (preferably more) as energy based weapons. AC's and LRM's are nice, but only when backed up with PPC's and Lasers. A lot of people whine about the limited ammunition stores of the Enforcer, and Sarna even lists it as the designs single greatest flaw. Personally, I actually like the fact that it only carries 10 rounds for the AC.

Your mileage may vary, but for me, by the time the Enforcer is down to a few shots for its cannon, it is pretty well screwed up armor wise. At this point in time, any ammo you have left becomes a liability and not an asset. This is my problem with many of the designs of the era, there is just too much to explode. I haven't lost an Enforcer to an ammo explosion yet, and never felt like I could really use more Autocannon shells. Sure, you have to pick your shots a little more with this beasty, but if you are smart and aren't chucking 10 point slugs down range at 12 to hit, you should be fine. Oftentimes the AC will get critted out by the time I am down to 2-3 shots. Additionally once the AC ammo is gone, or dumped, your mech is effectively a zombie, not a high damage dealing zombie, but a zombie nonetheless.

Ive found good use for this mech as either an anchor (in medium and light lances) or as the support to a heavier anchor mech. The Enforcer provides powerful mid range punch to support the anchor's heavier firepower, and can often get off a lot of shots while being ignored due to its proximity to a bigger nastier unit. If the heavier unit its buddied with starts taking too much fire, you can move the Enforcer out and play distraction. It usually has the armor to hold. This tactic works best when supported by a missile mech, and a fast backstabby flanker unit.

By anchor I am referring to a mech that "anchors" your force, not a specific mech designation. ;)

Love to hear what you think about the Enforcer, what it pairs well with, etc.
For The Archon!

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: A Solid Design: The Enforcer
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2017, 12:33:57 »

The Enforcer is a pocket-heavy in the Succession Wars.  Slow for its weight, but carries two solid, mid-ranged hole-punchers, thick armor, and jump mobility.  Best used against other mechs, but carries some anti-infantry capability and can always go physical on tanks, too.  Efficient for the BV and makes good use of its ten free heat sinks.  Pairs well with SRM crit-seekers up front and LRM fire support from behind.  Decent on point or flanks, too.  Handles most terrain well.  Can round out heavy and assault lances cheaply.  Back in the day, I loved running Dragoon/Zeta lances pairing Enforcers with Marauder IIs and FedCom lances pairing Enforcers with Zeus -6Ts.

For greater survivability, drop the AC/10 and ammo for a PPC and six more heat sinks.  Now with 18 heat sinks, she can fire both the PPC and large laser and stay heat neutral.  She can also walk like that without negative heat modifiers for four turns, or run for two turns, or jump for one turn.  After that, drop the large laser from the firing sequence for one turn to get back to zero heat.  Gotta watch the minimum range on the PPC but no ammo vulnerability now and lots of heat sinks to absorb crits.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2017, 16:12:46 »
Yeah, have to wonder why we really did not get any 3025 era variants for the Davion 'staple' since putting a PPC on it for the AC/10 or LL and varying the secondary weapons would be interesting.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2017, 17:16:02 »
It is a Davion 'Mech with an autocannon. They obviously couldn't figure why it might need a PPC, or how it might be an improvement.

(Whoever designed Marauder 3D can't have been a Davion by birth. For someone removed the AC/5...)

Ironically, i've heard the Enforcer pairs well with the Vindicator, never tested that myself but i can see the logic. St. Ives Compact must have used that combination...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2017, 17:35:49 »
You can give it a PPC & AC/5, still works out for the heat and IIRC get a ML as a back up weapon . . . you loose 3 points of damage beyond 9 hexes but gain a bit more range and your 10 point hit lasts longer lol.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2017, 23:13:36 »
Yeah, have to wonder why we really did not get any 3025 era variants for the Davion 'staple' since putting a PPC on it for the AC/10 or LL and varying the secondary weapons would be interesting.
It's hard to justify in the era? Remember single HS only

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2017, 23:32:03 »
Sure, but I am not trying to suggest breaking the pairing of energy weapon and AC.  The Valkyrie and Jagermech both have variants in that time frame while we just have the -4R . . . granted the Centurion sort of makes up for it.
Colt Ward

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2017, 23:38:11 »
I like the AC/10 for PPC and 6 extra heat sinks idea, and have used one a bit. It is a favorite of mine for mercenary campaigns that allow for modded mechs. Although typically I only add the PPC, 5 HS, and upgrade the small laser to a Medium. This leaves half a ton left over for a bit extra armor that is badly needed in the rear. Still has just about everything the stock Enforcer has, and now doesnt have to worry about ammo or exploding. Sure the heat scale is a little harder to manage, but in the 3025 era, the LLaser PPC design still would be classified as one of the cooler running mechs. ;)

Ironically, i've heard the Enforcer pairs well with the Vindicator, never tested that myself but i can see the logic. St. Ives Compact must have used that combination...

And Empyrus yes, the two work vary well together. I usually play as Mercs or Periphery Bums, (sometimes both) and commonly field Enforcers and Vindicators together. Frankly if someone said in the '25 era "Pick two mediums, you don't know what you are fighting." I would go with a Enforcer, and stock Vindicator hands down. The Enforcer really shines when it has some LRM's to sand armor off of the opponent, which is why it goes well with mechs like the Trebuchet, or Dervish, Whitworth, etc. But none of those units have the stand and deliver ability of the Vindicator, which I feel is one of, if not the best designed mechs of the initial game. Flashbulbs rule, but these two add a fun flair that is hard to match.

Can't go wrong with a Vindi / Enforcer combo, and it is probably one of my most fielded pairs.
For The Archon!

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2017, 23:44:39 »
Sure, but I am not trying to suggest breaking the pairing of energy weapon and AC.  The Valkyrie and Jagermech both have variants in that time frame while we just have the -4R . . . granted the Centurion sort of makes up for it.

Haha, I love most Davion designs but the variants of the Jager and the Valkyrie are a joke. I actually use a Valkyrie quite often, but the Flamer version is frankly laughable. As a light, it is going to be facing other lights and they are going to get inside minimum range for those LRM's it needs its Medium Laser.

The Jagermechs variants are also kind of laughable, I actually have a weird affinity for the mech, and find myself fielding it for no other reason than its fun, and its art looks cool in a weird and dorky way. The A model is arguable better than the stock version, with the twin LRM's.

Ironically both Jagermech A's and Valkyries pair excellently with the vaunted Enforcer I wrote this post about. As mentioned in my previous reply and initial post, LRM mechs tend to remove just enough armor that the Enforcers two medium - long range hole punchers open things up like a can-opener. Leading to nasty results.
« Last Edit: 28 July 2017, 23:46:32 by Vonshroom »
For The Archon!

Phobos101

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 29 July 2017, 00:09:18 »
You know, I've never actually tabled an Enforcer, and I think that's based on looks alone. After reading this post, I opened up the record sheet, and I'm really keen to give it a go!

Pooman

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2017, 06:23:14 »
I really like the Enforcer. It can completely own most mediums of the era. I reckon they work well in pairs and make great bodyguards from backstabbers.
PM me if you live in Perth Western Australia and are after a game. Please!

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #11 on: 30 July 2017, 16:58:02 »
Haha, I love most Davion designs but the variants of the Jager and the Valkyrie are a joke. I actually use a Valkyrie quite often, but the Flamer version is frankly laughable. As a light, it is going to be facing other lights and they are going to get inside minimum range for those LRM's it needs its Medium Laser.

The Jagermechs variants are also kind of laughable, I actually have a weird affinity for the mech, and find myself fielding it for no other reason than its fun, and its art looks cool in a weird and dorky way. The A model is arguable better than the stock version, with the twin LRM's.

Jagermechs only are laughable in an anti-mech role. loaded with Flak for anti-air (as they were designed for) they are really nasty, able to keep up constant highly accurate fire at a range that denies airspace over a large area.

most of the jagermech variants are efforts to take this pure AA machine and make it useful in the ground combat commander's keep forcing it to do.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #12 on: 31 July 2017, 08:46:10 »
I'm ambivalent about the ENF: no problem using it, but won't go out of my way to pick one.  While it packs a respectable punch, and the big hole-puncher is scary for anything lighter that tries to take it on, it's not fast, carries "reasonable" but not heavy armor, and has a weapons range limit that can be exploited by machines wielding PPCs, AC/5s, or LRMs, yet isn't particularly devastating as an in-fighter.  The one point in its favor is that the big gun is arm-mounted, meaning that it can be turned to hit anything that tries to back-shoot the ENF.

In short, it's a solid but not outstanding machine for use in a formation, but a bit weak as a solo element.  Personally, I'm more fond of the Centurion, the Vindicator, or the lighter Whitworth in the 4/6 movement category, or of the 5/8 movement designs such as the GRF or DV which can both outrun and outrange the ENF, and I absolutely enjoy running rings around the slower units with a 6/9 speed PXH or HER II, even though the former needs to rely on high fire modifiers due to speed for its advantage, because it lacks a longer-ranged weapon than what it's up against.

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 01 August 2017, 02:05:15 »

In short, it's a solid but not outstanding machine for use in a formation, but a bit weak as a solo element.  Personally, I'm more fond of the Centurion, the Vindicator, or the lighter Whitworth in the 4/6 movement category, or of the 5/8 movement designs such as the GRF or DV which can both outrun and outrange the ENF, and I absolutely enjoy running rings around the slower units with a 6/9 speed PXH or HER II, even though the former needs to rely on high fire modifiers due to speed for its advantage, because it lacks a longer-ranged weapon than what it's up against.

Kovax,

You bring up a lot of what I see as being wrong with the Enforcer as well, but I think that some of your points don't really hold water. In Battletech, and especially in 3025 era games compromise is literally the name of the game. Oftentimes I hear players (and find myself describing) that there are three options to choose from; Speed, Armor, and Firepower. You can pick two. Really this is the case, and to me the Enforcer is a mech that really shines in its efficient mix of all three.
With that said, First off i want to agree, its weapons while respectable are not particularly damage heavy, and it is weak as a solo "duelist" mech. Sure it won't be much use as a scout, it can't outgun the more weapon oriented mechs, and it lacks the extreme armor protection of some other mechs. While 4/6 is sort of "slow" it is a speed that quite  lot of mediums and heavies in the '25 era go. The 4 Jump Jets add to its mobility, so while not what I would call a speedy design, it is quite capable of maneuvering around a mapsheet or two.

You bring up the fact it has a weapons range limit that allows other machines to exploit it, but I don't really agree. Faster units with AC2's and LRMs might be able to stay out of range, but realistically in most games there is going to be some sort of cover, and the size of your battlefield isn't unlimited. I don't see the 3 hex difference in range between the Enforcer's primary weapons and a PPC / AC/5 to be that impacting. Now the 6 hex difference in range between an AC/10 / LLaser and some LRM's that is far enough that a unit might be able to effectively capitalize assuming two things. One, it can outmaneuver the Enforcer, and by outmaneuver I mean stay at least 15 hexes from it. And two, that it has enough firepower to destroy or damage it enough. Frankly I find in most games, 4/6 mechs tend to catch stuff they are determined to, outside of fast lights lacking the firepower (or range) to deal with the Enforcer.

In my opinion LRM equipped mechs are the only thing I can see that can capitalize on a range advantage over the Enforcer. At least in succession wars era play.

Ironically you bring up a lot of my favorite mechs as the models you are more fond of, and I understand what you see in those designs. I second your point about the Enforcer being a team player, if forced to take a single mech into combat against a single mech, the Enforcer won't make the shortlist. But if I can have two...

I don't see the Centurion even coming close to the Enforcer though, in my opinion it is a much worse design, although I really want to love it, and it is aesthetically a very cool design as well. Really the biggest downfall the Centurion has is its  extra ammo.

Good Discussion!

For The Archon!

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #14 on: 01 August 2017, 02:08:58 »
Jagermechs only are laughable in an anti-mech role. loaded with Flak for anti-air (as they were designed for) they are really nasty, able to keep up constant highly accurate fire at a range that denies airspace over a large area.

most of the jagermech variants are efforts to take this pure AA machine and make it useful in the ground combat commander's keep forcing it to do.

Ah, very true. I tend to fit the mold of "one of those ground combat commanders". Most of the games I've played and all of the recent ones have been strictly mech on mech combat. Of course I know the Jager's fluff, and admit that in this role it serves well. From the perspective of facing aero units, the Jagermech does really start to shine.
For The Archon!

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 01 August 2017, 08:42:48 »

...not to mention what a vehicle commander thinks of them.  The "Jaeger" has the weapons to immobilize tanks at ranges beyond what most vehicles can respond from, and can potentially put up to four hits a turn on something outside of SRM, AC/10, or Large Laser range.

The JM is definitely weak if/when pitted against other 'Mechs, otherwise it's a very effective design.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #16 on: 01 August 2017, 09:09:02 »
The Enforcer is a pocket-heavy in the Succession Wars.  Slow for its weight, but carries two solid, mid-ranged hole-punchers, thick armor, and jump mobility.  Best used against other mechs, but carries some anti-infantry capability and can always go physical on tanks, too.  Efficient for the BV and makes good use of its ten free heat sinks. Pairs well with SRM crit-seekers up front and LRM fire support from behind. Decent on point or flanks, too.  Handles most terrain well. 

Ever pair an Enforcer with a Dervish? It's amazing. The Enforcer stands off and smashes holes, the Dervish critseeks and then moves away. Even better is a lance with 2 Enforcers and 2 Dervishes. You do what I just said, but the Dervish that isn't using SRMs can use LRMs. I'm not explaining it well, but if you play the lance you'll see what I mean.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #17 on: 01 August 2017, 11:36:06 »
Ever pair an Enforcer with a Dervish? It's amazing.

All the time, thats actually a favorite pairing of mine. If I have 2 mediums you can bet it will be this pair. Quite nasty especially with the right lance mates.
For The Archon!

Getz

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 01 August 2017, 15:44:23 »
Ever pair an Enforcer with a Dervish? It's amazing. The Enforcer stands off and smashes holes, the Dervish critseeks and then moves away. Even better is a lance with 2 Enforcers and 2 Dervishes. You do what I just said, but the Dervish that isn't using SRMs can use LRMs. I'm not explaining it well, but if you play the lance you'll see what I mean.

They also like Whitworths for team mates.

I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere, so I'm here for the hell of it now...

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: 02 August 2017, 08:29:25 »
They also like Whitworths for team mates.
I can agree with this.  The WTH has the tools to do what the ENF doesn't do well, and vice versa.  A DV would potentially be a slightly better combo, but a lot more tonnage/cost/BV for not much more capability.

Compare that to pairing it with a Trebuchet: just about every instance where I've seen a "Trashbucket" on the map, the after-action report's description of its performance ended with "...and then it exploded"; simply not enough armor on the torso sides to protect its completely unpadded ammo locations.  In contrast, I've had amazing results with several Whitworths, which basically exhausted their LRMs and then became "zombies", wading into the field of already battered medium-weight sluggers and wreaking havoc with their triple MLs.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2017, 08:44:07 by Kovax »

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: 02 August 2017, 09:10:39 »
4/6(/4) medium lance:
Enforcer, Whitworth, Centurion, Blackjack. EDIT Alternatively, slot a Hunchback there, variant depending on what you need.

All four 'Mechs are reasonably common among Davion forces.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #21 on: 02 August 2017, 09:17:27 »
I can agree with this.  The WTH has the tools to do what the ENF doesn't do well, and vice versa.  A DV would potentially be a slightly better combo, but a lot more tonnage/cost/BV for not much more capability.

Compare that to pairing it with a Trebuchet: just about every instance where I've seen a "Trashbucket" on the map, the after-action report's description of its performance ended with "...and then it exploded"; simply not enough armor on the torso sides to protect its completely unpadded ammo locations.  In contrast, I've had amazing results with several Whitworths, which basically exhausted their LRMs and then became "zombies", wading into the field of already battered medium-weight sluggers and wreaking havoc with their triple MLs.
The 5J variant of the Trebuchet isn't too bad.

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: 02 August 2017, 10:05:50 »
4/6(/4) medium lance:
Enforcer, Whitworth, Centurion, Blackjack. EDIT Alternatively, slot a Hunchback there, variant depending on what you need.

All four 'Mechs are reasonably common among Davion forces.
Alternatively, slot a HBK-4J there.  It's got the LRMs of a DV or WTH, and 5 MLs with the heatsinks to use them, covered by a bit more armor than either.  Fairly popular in Kurita territory, from what I understand, not that HBK variants are at all uncommon in general.

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #23 on: 03 August 2017, 18:22:00 »
The 5J variant of the Trebuchet isn't too bad.

I agree, the 5J actually works quite well.

Basically any missile lobbers work well with the Enforcer. Also the added benefit of pairing a missile mech with an Enforcer is they can watch the Enforcers back. With its paper thin rear armor, lights and fast mediums are tempted to run into its rear arc and unload. However they aren't going to be so hot to do this is they are facing a couple flights of LRMs to their back.
For The Archon!

haesslich

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: 03 August 2017, 21:00:56 »
Is it wrong to like the Watchman for being derived from the Enforcer while behind speedy enough and decently gunned enough to serve as its wingman?

That said, I like the Crusader acting as the heavy  element in a lance  with one or two Enforcers and a Dervish.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #25 on: 04 August 2017, 08:28:39 »
Alternatively, slot a HBK-4J there.  It's got the LRMs of a DV or WTH, and 5 MLs with the heatsinks to use them, covered by a bit more armor than either.  Fairly popular in Kurita territory, from what I understand, not that HBK variants are at all uncommon in general.

And therefore you can say some Draconis March AFFS MechWarrior captured it from a DCMS pilot.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #26 on: 04 August 2017, 10:19:05 »
If we left the 3025 era and put things forward to 3069--which Enforcer and lancemates would you choose?

I was thinking Enforcer 6m, Dervish 9D, Sentry 04, Shadow Hawk 5D?

This lance could handle infantry, vehicles, and light to medium mech lances. Aerosspace would be iffy...but overall; I like it.

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #27 on: 04 August 2017, 12:35:47 »
If we left the 3025 era and put things forward to 3069--which Enforcer and lancemates would you choose?

I was thinking Enforcer 6m, Dervish 9D, Sentry 04, Shadow Hawk 5D?

This lance could handle infantry, vehicles, and light to medium mech lances. Aerosspace would be iffy...but overall; I like it.

Well I am going to assume a couple of things for this exercise, that I am either FEDCOM or Mercs and I need a single lance sized unit that is going to be able to deal with a little bit of everything, Aero, Infantry, Vees, and of course mechs.

To me the Enforcer really loses a lot of its flavor after the introduction of 3050 tech and all of the new units leading up to the year 3069. Frankly after this point there are many better units than a 4R Enforcer, but it is still a solid design for a militia force. The 5D is in my opinion a worse version of the 4R. It does some things right, but it plugs in an XL engine that doesn't allow the mech to move fast enough to offset its new vulnerability. Yes, you might be able to stick me in with them STD engine cartel guys... but frankly STD engines make sense for "line" units. Which is in my opinion, what the Enforcer is intended to be. The Enforcer III proposes some unique new variants that I very much like, but still suffers from that XL engine. On front line medium designs, XL's aren't my cup of tea. Where an XL shines is when it gives a mech a very high level of maneuverability for its weight. 5/8/5 on a medium in 3069 doesn't fit the bill for "high level of maneuverability for its weight".

I make some exceptions to this rule for medium "line" designs that just outright work with XL engines, such as the Lynx, Bushwacker, Grim Reaper, or Shockwave in later eras. All of these designs bring something the "upgraded" Enforcer just doesn't bring to the table, raw damage output. In each case, these mechs move as fast as the upgraded Enforcer, are just as survivable (or more so) and can deal twice the amount of damage or more from good range. Allowing them to greatly contribute to the fight before they go down.

With all of this in mind, the Enforcer really only brings two things to the table in 3050+ games.

1. Cheaper, lighter playmate for heavier nasty units that need a little buddy
2. Member of a dedicated "flanker" lance that is going to use its decent firepower/speed ratio to outmaneuver other units

This lets you, as a commander, plug the mech into whichever role needs filling. Need a fourth member to replace the loss in your heavy lance? Stick in an Enforcer. Need another member for a Flanking lance to pair with some other quick XL units? Stick in a 5D or a ENF-III.

Now that all of that is out there... Here's the sort of lance I'd want to match up to an Enforcer.
For The Archon!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #28 on: 04 August 2017, 12:51:10 »
???

Did you forget to paste something there at the end of that post?

Vonshroom

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #29 on: 04 August 2017, 13:02:45 »
See my above reply.

Here's what I'd run with an Enforcer. Honestly in 3069 I wouldn't go off designing my lance around an Enforcer, but since thats the exercise, here we go.

Well off FedCom Unit

Line Lance
Templar-Tancred if possible, C variant, or Prime (any work well)
Penetrator
Axman-2N
Enforcer III
This is a heavy Line lance for a very well equipped Fedsuns unit for the era. The Templar, Penetrator and Enforcer can all put nasty hits on target at pretty good range, and the Axman can really exploit those holes with the LRM's it carries. Things staying back at range are going to be systematically annihilated, and anything pushing close will have to deal with the Penetrators 6 Medium Pulse lasers, a big axe, and depending on the variant of the Templar, either a load of Medium pulse lasers and an LB-20 some close in RAC's or some good pulse lasers and streak backup. I've ran this, and it is naaassstyy. Vehicles are going to get scrapped, it works alright against aerospace, and Mechs hate it. Infantry is the only thing its "weak" against.

Flank Lance

Argus-4D
Nightsky-4S
Bushwacker-X1
Enforcer III

Fast enough to get around the battlefield, Solid mid range firepower, enough LRM's to take advantage of holes punched in armor, pulse lasers to kill lights, and several big hole punchers to knock out mechs. Works against just about anything.

Cheaper Lance - Usage of these is a lot more self explanatory. Both are fairly well rounded. Preferable going with the Enforcer III but availability might not be there...

Enforcer-5D / III if available
Dervish-7D
Watchman
NightHawk

Lynx
Talon
Enforcer-5D / III if available
Nighthawk

« Last Edit: 04 August 2017, 14:56:44 by Vonshroom »
For The Archon!