Author Topic: (Answered) Hidden Units, and ECM  (Read 1365 times)

grimlock1

• Captain
(Answered) Hidden Units, and ECM
« on: 07 October 2017, 18:13:31 »
So far as I understand, if a hidden unit has active ECM, then an opposing unit either requires ECCM, or a higher level of probe to detect that hidden unit, aside from stumbling into them. 

But do opposing units detect the ECM of the hidden unit?  Would they realize, "Hey, somebody is jamming me, but I don't see anyone around."
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 12:27:30 by Xotl »
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Hidden Units, and ECM
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2017, 12:27:23 »
They know they're being jammed but not from where.

As a tactical note, once someone runs into the edge of the jamming field with two different units, they can probably make some educated guesses about where you are. 
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

grimlock1

• Captain
Re: Hidden Units, and ECM
« Reply #2 on: 09 November 2017, 10:03:50 »
They know they're being jammed but not from where.

As a tactical note, once someone runs into the edge of the jamming field with two different units, they can probably make some educated guesses about where you are.

That last part is what I was afraid of... 

So a hidden unit with Void Sig is basically the same as hidden unit with active Archangel?  The only way to pinpoint either is with Bloodhound, but anything with Battle Armor sensors or better could make some educated guesses about where the sneaky fellow is hiding.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Register